PDA

View Full Version : A Trade Question?

soxwon
02-17-2004, 06:27 PM
HAS ANY PLAYER BEEN TRADED IN RECENT TIMES(AFTER 1960)
DURING THE SEASON, THEN ENDED UP BACK WITH THAT TEAM, BY SEASONS END?

Rex Hudler
02-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
HAS ANY PLAYER BEEN TRADED IN RECENT TIMES(AFTER 1960)
DURING THE SEASON, THEN ENDED UP BACK WITH THAT TEAM, BY SEASONS END?

Didn't that happen in a trade between Boston and Pittsburg last year with a relief pitcher?? Other than that, I can recall no such instances.

Daver
02-17-2004, 06:33 PM
The caps lock button is on the far left hand side of the keyboard,please use it to turn it off.

Chisox_cali
02-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Daver
The caps lock button is on the far left hand side of the keyboard,please use it to turn it off.

:spam

:)

delben91
02-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Didn't that happen in a trade between Boston and Pittsburg last year with a relief pitcher?? Other than that, I can recall no such instances.

I vaguely recall of a trade years ago where a journeyman catcher was traded for a player to be named later and then he ended up being said PTBNL. Don't know if that actually happened or was just something I heard somewhere with no truth to it.

A. Cavatica
02-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Didn't that happen in a trade between Boston and Pittsburg last year with a relief pitcher??

Brandon Lyon.

Dadawg_77
02-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by delben91
I vaguely recall of a trade years ago where a journeyman catcher was traded for a player to be named later and then he ended up being said PTBNL. Don't know if that actually happened or was just something I heard somewhere with no truth to it.

That has happen a few times. Search Jason Starks columns on ESPN to find out who.

Tragg
02-17-2004, 10:42 PM
I remember the Sox traded SS Ron Hansen to the Senators for SS Tim Cullen.
The next year they traded SS Tim Cullen to the Senators for SS Ron Hansen.

Sort of like trading Royce Clayton for Jose Uribe and back again.

Of course it wasn't in the same year.
And it was when there were the Senators