PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti Madness

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Cubs fans don't wear muzzles, either. When a player performs poorly, they aren't afraid to boo and make a pariah of him. Recalling his sluggish start last April, Maddux wouldn't want to be subjected to that sort of April treatment, would he?

And to think he "Knows Chicago"....

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay17.html

KingXerxes
02-17-2004, 05:03 PM
While I don't agree that Greg Maddux would run the risk of getting booed out of Wrigley Field in April, there have been Cubs who have been consistently booed at Wrigley:

Alfonseca
Hundley
Beck

among others.

I don't think his quote is all that far off the mark.

Tekijawa
02-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
While I don't agree that Greg Maddux would run the risk of getting booed out of Wrigley Field in April, there have been Cubs who have been consistently booed at Wrigley:

You sure they weren't booing the beer vendors for not selling after the 7th? after all those three guys really only made late inning appearances!

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 05:29 PM
those guys were cheered in april...by september...welllthat's another story...most of thier "fans" are drunks who are spoonfed the "truth"...remember how people wanted sammy run out of town in 2000?
Gene

SoxFan76
02-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Yeah, Cub fans are real harsh....

Half the time they are passed out in the middle of the street. Sure, if a guy blows a lot of games like Alfonseca, ANY FREAKING FAN IN THE COUNTRY WILL BOO THEM! The Cubs aren't anything special. Just more stupid comments by Cub loving journalists.

doctor30th
02-17-2004, 06:27 PM
We should really start a E-mail campaign to get him off the radio. He seems to rip on Sox Fans as much as the Team itself.

I've been writing the Program director and espn 1000 management to let them know I'm not listening to them.

The Critic
02-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
We should really start a E-mail campaign to get him off the radio. He seems to rip on Sox Fans as much as the Team itself.

I've been writing the Program director and espn 1000 management to let them know I'm not listening to them.

I emailed them when they announced their mistake to let them know that I'd never intentionally listen to that dope or the other moron, Jim Rome. I'm letting my silence ( as well as my radio's ) speak for me from now on.

Again, my new AM1000 slogan for the weekday lineup:
"Mike & Mike, Then Take A Hike"

Grobber33
02-18-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by The Critic
I emailed them when they announced their mistake to let them know that I'd never intentionally listen to that dope or the other moron, Jim Rome. I'm letting my silence ( as well as my radio's ) speak for me from now on.

That's a good one Critic!! Did you get a reply?? I know(since I'm still sort of on the inside there)they have gotten plenty of emails on Jay and Rome as well as other things. Just curious if you heard back from anyone.

Kittle
02-18-2004, 03:58 AM

No love for Tony Kornheiser? He's one of the best, IMO.

After Tony's show, I agree that it's mostly garbage.

SSN721
02-18-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Kittle
No love for Tony Kornheiser? He's one of the best, IMO.

After Tony's show, I agree that it's mostly garbage.

TK is great, but you can only get him on internet radio now in Chicago, although I find it very amusing he is still advertised on a radio station where he isnt in their programming. I still love Patrick and Dibble, those guys crack me up.

Fisk Fan
02-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Does anyone have the e-mail address for the programing director at ESPN Radio? I would like to let him know that I change the radio station as soon as I hear the Moronotti intro........

Grobber33
02-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Does anyone have the e-mail address for the programing director at ESPN Radio? I would like to let him know that I change the radio station as soon as I hear the Moronotti intro........

Program Director Len Weiner's email is: len@espnradio1000.com
and the so-called Weiner Line to record your complaints is:800.WHINER1 (800.944.6371)

Hangar18
02-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
And to think he "Knows Chicago"....

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay17.html

That Quote, speaking of cub fans, is why he DOESNT GET IT. WHITE SOX FANS wouldve BOOED HIM Mercilessly, just LIke we BOOED JM and KOCH. hes an idiot. he got the wrong team.
cub fans cheeered in april no matter what

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 12:10 PM

you should listen to dan patrick...he's funny..and good
Gene