PDA

View Full Version : Patio Party Anyone?

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking to set up a patio party in April. Either for Opening Day or the Yankee series. Anyone interested? I'm thinking for the bleachers, unless everyone wants to go in cheep, UDR.
Gene

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Let's go.

Tekijawa
02-17-2004, 03:50 PM
I don't know how many of those will be available for that series... I had one last year for the Cubs game on the Sunday, this year I asked if they might be able to get me in on Saturday? My ticket agent said that because all of the seats in the Upperdeck were being removed that there we're less "patio party seats" available and that most likely only people who had the games last year for the poplular series would get them again this year... Looks like I'll be there on Sunday again this year, the hangover on Monday wasn't too bad though.

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I don't know how many of those will be available for that series... I had one last year for the Cubs game on the Sunday, this year I asked if they might be able to get me in on Saturday? My ticket agent said that because all of the seats in the Upperdeck were being removed that there we're less "patio party seats" available and that most likely only people who had the games last year for the poplular series would get them again this year... Looks like I'll be there on Sunday again this year, the hangover on Monday wasn't too bad though.

That's bull. My rep told me ALL previous customers( ST, Suite, Patio) get first crack. There's no gurantees, but if you cough up a deposit, you'll see some seats magically appear. And the ud thing's bs too. There's always been only 1200 patio slots avails. Most people buy patio seats in the LD due to half off tix. Again, pony up the cash, and you'll get results. The sox are always nice to me when i wave some green.
Gene

Jerko
02-17-2004, 04:32 PM
If you ran a patio party in the past, you SHOULD get invited to a group leader party, usually the morning of the Garage Sale and the same day the tickets go on sale to the public, which I think is March 13 this year. You get there early and pick your game and DO get first choice. I never tried for opening day so I don't know if there are exceptions for that (I know there are for Stadium Club passes), but you should have no problem. If there is NO party on the 13th just call the Sox before then and you should get whatever day you want.

DrCrawdad
02-17-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm interested.

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
If you ran a patio party in the past, you SHOULD get invited to a group leader party, usually the morning of the Garage Sale and the same day the tickets go on sale to the public, which I think is March 13 this year. You get there early and pick your game and DO get first choice. I never tried for opening day so I don't know if there are exceptions for that (I know there are for Stadium Club passes), but you should have no problem. If there is NO party on the 13th just call the Sox before then and you should get whatever day you want.

I'm planning a trip to Vegas that morning, and I aske dmy rep if there were any other events going on the day of public on sale. He sed there is nothing planned, aside from the garage sale. But I was told last season that some forms/ would be sent out early in the year. Not sure if they are order forms, or merely info packets with order info. Sides, I was told they're starting around this time with orders. Which is why I was inquiring if people want to have a patio, or other group outing.
Gene

Rocky Soprano
02-17-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm interested.

Tekijawa
02-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
That's bull. My rep told me ALL previous customers( ST, Suite, Patio) get first crack. There's no gurantees, but if you cough up a deposit, you'll see some seats magically appear. And the ud thing's bs too. There's always been only 1200 patio slots avails. Most people buy patio seats in the LD due to half off tix. Again, pony up the cash, and you'll get results. The sox are always nice to me when i wave some green.
Gene

That's right that's what I said, he siad though if you weren't there BEFORE that it was pretty unlikely for the popular dates that you would be able to get in... if this was your first time!

I would Imagine that the Yankees, Opening Day and MY CUBS PATIO PARTY, all fall under this... There are also only certain sections reserved for the Patio Party tickets. Those do get filled on a first come-first serve basis.

Mickster
02-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm in.. :smile:

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 05:02 PM
That's right that's what I said, he siad though if you weren't there BEFORE that it was pretty unlikely for the popular dates that you would be able to get in... if this was your first time!

I would Imagine that the Yankees, Opening Day and MY CUBS PATIO PARTY, all fall under this... There are also only certain sections reserved for the Patio Party tickets. Those do get filled on a first come-first serve basis.

Sorry. Sounded like ur rep sed you couldnt get a Saturday Cub game cuz u didnt have one last year. As for the patio seats, it's any seats not taken up already. I got bleachers 4th row and up when i ordered my yankees patio party last june. The seats were in the tm system. The sox simply took them out of it.
Gene

Jerko
02-17-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm planning a trip to Vegas that morning, and I aske dmy rep if there were any other events going on the day of public on sale. He sed there is nothing planned, aside from the garage sale. But I was told last season that some forms/ would be sent out early in the year. Not sure if they are order forms, or merely info packets with order info. Sides, I was told they're starting around this time with orders. Which is why I was inquiring if people want to have a patio, or other group outing.
Gene

Some years when they are doing construction they cancel the bullpen bar party but of course still have the garage sale. I was not planning any patio parties this year so I did not know for sure if they were having a gathering at the park or not.

PINWHEELS
02-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking to set up a patio party in April. Either for Opening Day or the Yankee series. Anyone interested? I'm thinking for the bleachers, unless everyone wants to go in cheep, UDR.
Gene I'M Interested! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 05:34 PM
I got five so far that are interested. Add two for me and my girlfriend, and we only need 13 more to qualify. AND, when we pick up the tix, we can get an offer for another group(not patio) outing at half off! Oscar Gamble Bobblehead night anyone?
Gene

p.s. the bobble night is May 28.

Tekijawa
02-17-2004, 05:39 PM
I AND, when we pick up the tix, we can get an offer for another group(not patio) outing at half off!

I didn't know about that? I know as a group leader I got coupons for free UD seats last year...

Mickster
02-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Gene, count one extra for wife :cool:

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 05:45 PM
I didn't know about that? I know as a group leader I got coupons for free UD seats last year...

shhhhhhh....dont talk about that.......but seriously....the letter that came with the ud tickets sed you can get another group at half off......
Gene

hose
02-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Gene count me in.

I'll buy Crawdad a beer . :cool:

ewokpelts
02-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by hose
Gene count me in.

I'll buy Crawdad a beer . :cool:

well....with a patio package...beer's included...as well as food
Gene

depy48
02-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Gene

pity for us under 21 year olds..give me a year and a half...

kittle42
02-17-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm in as long as it's not for 4/13 or 4/21. I already have tickets to those through Sox 9.

Palehose13
02-17-2004, 08:32 PM
I would love to go, but I will be in FLA opening week. If it is any other time you can count me in and I can probably bring 1 or 2 extras if fannies are needed.

waldo_the_wolf
02-18-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm interested.

chisox06
02-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Be willing to drive in from Michigan for that one, Im interested.

DrCrawdad
02-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Gene

Hose, I'll take the beer anyway even if it is part of the package. Thanks for the thought.

HITMEN OF 77
02-18-2004, 02:02 AM
I'm going to try and fly back for opening day and catch a few other games while there. Meeting up in the patio sounds like a great idea! I think during the Yanks series would be good (too much going on opening day), but the choice is all of yours.

hose
02-18-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Hose, I'll take the beer anyway even if it is part of the package. Thanks for the thought.

:gulp: :cool:

Iwritecode
02-18-2004, 10:24 AM
My wife and I were talking about going to our very first opening day this year. If you have it then, we may be interested.

How much would it cost?

Jerko
02-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
My wife and I were talking about going to our very first opening day this year. If you have it then, we may be interested.

How much would it cost?

It WAS $35 for the patio ticket and half price on an outfield seat. Maybe 47-50 bucks. For that you get 2 hours of food and drink but I think a half hour into the game they boot you to your seats. That's how they did it last time I was there anyway, in 2002.

skottyj242
02-18-2004, 10:38 AM
What if you already have tix, is it still possible to just pay for the patio. The only thing is though the opening week is all day games I think so that would mean we started drinking at like eleven in the morning (not a problem at all.) I work just north jof Comiskey in the loop and could go if I didn't have to buy another ticket. Aside form opening day I think it should be really easy to get the patio considering there won't be any kids because of school.

Jerko
02-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by skottyj242
What if you already have tix, is it still possible to just pay for the patio. The only thing is though the opening week is all day games I think so that would mean we started drinking at like eleven in the morning (not a problem at all.) I work just north jof Comiskey in the loop and could go if I didn't have to buy another ticket. Aside form opening day I think it should be really easy to get the patio considering there won't be any kids because of school.

Usually if you order 30 tickets, you get 30 game tickets and 30 patio tickets. I do not know if you can call them and JUST order a patio ticket if you already have a game ticket. You SHOULD be able to, but this IS the White Sox PR people we're talking about.

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by depy48
pity for us under 21 year olds..give me a year and a half...

you can still get in....no beer though..and a slightly cheeper price
Gene

Hangar18
02-18-2004, 12:10 PM
I got five so far that are interested. Add two for me and my girlfriend, and we only need 13 more to qualify. AND, when we pick up the tix, we can get an offer for another group(not patio) outing at half off! Oscar Gamble Bobblehead night anyone?
Gene

p.s. the bobble night is May 28.

Count me in Ewok......

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

How much would it cost?

For Opening Day/Yankees...if we do bleachers, and assuming i can still get my season ticket holder patio discount....28 for the food/booze...and 11 for half off tickets...about 39...give or take a few bucks....kinds under 17 are cheeper...but i'm not sure how much.
Gene

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
I'll talk to my rep...mebbe we could get a couple of patio passes without game tix...otherwise, i'd suggest you dump your ticket.
Gene

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Usually if you order 30 tickets, you get 30 game tickets and 30 patio tickets. I do not know if you can call them and JUST order a patio ticket if you already have a game ticket. You SHOULD be able to, but this IS the White Sox PR people we're talking about.

correction..white sox ticket office..they are a lil different..esp when you flash some cash

Gene

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Count me in Ewok......

This feels like that scene in return of the jedi when han solo's counting off his command crew....
Gene

Rocky Soprano
02-18-2004, 12:34 PM
I have already responded that I am in. But also count my fiancee, and 2 of my brothers in.

If we need more people I am sure I can get more.

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I have already responded that I am in. But also count my fiancee, and 2 of my brothers in.

If we need more people I am sure I can get more.

we need a bigger boat .....i think everyone should pm me and let me know how many tickets you need...i think i'll also set up my paypal account to send a mass mail for payment....i'm not looking to profit on this...just hook up all my homiez...
Gene

skottyj242
02-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Like I said I'd be in if I don't have to buy another ticket. If not why doesn't everyone meet somewhere on the concourse?

hose
02-18-2004, 07:05 PM
What no PHG?

Got to get George to go.

steff
02-19-2004, 08:58 AM
We will likely be there anyway so make sure you post where the seats are and I'll come by to visit.

MarqSox
02-19-2004, 11:49 AM
You need to set a deadline to sign up. I'm interested though.

kittle42
02-19-2004, 12:19 PM
I wasn't able to discern what game we were getting from the posts. Maybe I just missed it.

ewokpelts
02-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
I wasn't able to discern what game we were getting from the posts. Maybe I just missed it.

A Yankee game or opening day. But since the opener is at 1:05, that means that the patio opens at 11:30. Might be a tad too early for most folks(work, kids, ect). But the yankee games are all night games, so that might be better.

As for ticket location/prices, I think we'll get bleachers. So expect the cost to be at least 39 (28 patio and 11 tix).
Gene

StillMissOzzie
02-20-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm interested too! When will you know which game you've decided on and a definite Y/N?

ewokpelts
02-20-2004, 01:32 PM
It looks like we're going to the WED 4/21 Game. I prefer bleachers, as they are the cheepest in the LD, and my season seats are there. If you prefer something different, maybe we can work sumthing out. Prepare to shell out 40 bucks.
Gene

QueerGirrl
02-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Count me in! Just let me know when I need to pay up.

kittle42
02-20-2004, 08:09 PM
It looks like we're going to the WED 4/21 Game. I prefer bleachers, as they are the cheepest in the LD, and my season seats are there. If you prefer something different, maybe we can work sumthing out. Prepare to shell out 40 bucks.
Gene

Damn. I already have tickets for that game, but I am sitting in the LF bleachers, so we should meet up anyway.

MarqSox
02-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Ehhh, Wednesday isn't exactly convenient for us out of towners. :(:

jabrch
02-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Just let me know the details!

ewokpelts
02-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Ehhh, Wednesday isn't exactly convenient for us out of towners. :(:

4/21 Tuesday Yankee game. Bleachers. 40 a hed. Kids slightly cheeper.
Gene

jabrch
02-21-2004, 03:54 PM
4/21 Tuesday Yankee game. Bleachers. 40 a hed. Kids slightly cheeper.
Gene

PERFECT! Yankee Game - well done Gene!