PDA

View Full Version : mariotti show today

Huisj
02-17-2004, 01:15 PM
I accidently caught a little bit of Mariotti's show this morning on AM 1000, and in the 2 short minutes I listened to it, he really pissed me off by displaying his total lack of knowledge about what he was talking about, and also his stupid way of making up facts that aren't actually true to rip on the white sox.

basically, he was talking about the odalis perez rumors still, and he mentioned that odalis perez would fit in great in the sox clubhouse because he beats up water coolers with baseball bats well.

except that that wasn't odalis perez who did that. it was carlos perez. who hasn't pitched since 2000. the water cooler incident happened in 1999 when odalis was a very young pitcher with atlanta.

anyways, for some reason, that really pissed me off, and i had to send him a big nasty email.

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 01:17 PM
I think he meant because of our pitching concerns, but who knows, he says a lot of stupid things.

jeremyb1
02-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
I accidently caught a little bit of Mariotti's show this morning on AM 1000, and in the 2 short minutes I listened to it, he really pissed me off by displaying his total lack of knowledge about what he was talking about, and also his stupid way of making up facts that aren't actually true to rip on the white sox.

basically, he was talking about the odalis perez rumors still, and he mentioned that odalis perez would fit in great in the sox clubhouse because he beats up water coolers with baseball bats well.

except that that wasn't odalis perez who did that. it was carlos perez. who hasn't pitched since 2000. the water cooler incident happened in 1999 when odalis was a very young pitcher with atlanta.

anyways, for some reason, that really pissed me off, and i had to send him a big nasty email.

Well they're both hispanic, right? So its an honest mistake. Ridiculous. What an idiot.

Huisj
02-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I think he meant because of our pitching concerns, but who knows, he says a lot of stupid things.

he actually said it to make a sarcastic shot at the chemistry of the sox, and then even mentioned that he would fit in well with our out of control fans who run on the field.

Palehose13
02-17-2004, 01:24 PM
he actually said it to make a sarcastic shot at the chemistry of the sox, and then even mentioned that he would fit in well with our out of control fans who run on the field.

:angry: What a jackass.

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 01:25 PM
he actually said it to make a sarcastic shot at the chemistry of the sox, and then even mentioned that he would fit in well with our out of control fans who run on the field. I missed that part, but totally believe it. He's an idiot, he digs to find negative stuff to say about the Sox and distorts facts to make his perspective seem right. And after he does that he says that the Sox should be happy about it, because he isn't ignoring and all of the bad publicity he gives is only helping the Sox. He continues to say he doesn't know why JR doesn't understand this. Jay, I don't understand that.

SSN721
02-17-2004, 01:26 PM

Ah, how level-headed and diplomatic of him. I'm just so gald I can still listen to TK on the internet at work and dont have to listen to him drone on incessantly.

Palehose13
02-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I missed that part, but totally believe it. He's an idiot, he digs to find negative stuff to say about the Sox and distorts facts to make his perspective seem right. And after he does that he says that the Sox should be happy about it, because he isn't ignoring and all of the bad publicity he gives is only helping the Sox. He continues to say he doesn't know why JR doesn't understand this. Jay, I don't understand that.

You know, the Sox deserve everything he says about them and Hawk and JR have absolutely no reason to call him out on the stuff he says.

Fungo
02-17-2004, 01:49 PM
:wills
Mariotti?......drillrod!!!

Jerko
02-17-2004, 01:57 PM

I am convinced that Ronnie Freakin Woo Woo himself, dressed to the nines in his new teeth and full Cub regalia, could walk out to the pitcher's mound at the Cell, murder the SOX pitcher, slice him to ribbons with a paring knife after he's dead, strip naked and have "I AM A CUB FAN" tattooed across his ass, and the Sox fans would STILL be blamed for it. I'm gettin sick of it myself to tell you the truth.

Palehose13
02-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
I am convinced that Ronnie Freakin Woo Woo himself, dressed to the nines in his new teeth and full Cub regalia, could walk out to the pitcher's mound at the Cell, murder the SOX pitcher, slice him to ribbons with a paring knife after he's dead, strip naked and have "I AM A CUB FAN" tattooed across his ass, and the Sox fans would STILL be blamed for it. I'm gettin sick of it myself to tell you the truth.
I have to agree with your entire post, Jerko. I guess the media conveniently forgets the shenanigans that has happened at the Chewing gum field.

Jerko
02-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I have to agree with your entire post, Jerko. I guess the media conveniently forgets the shenanigans that has happened at the Chewing gum field.

I am just sick of the fact that the tenants of Chewing gum field and their corresponding "fans" can do whatever they want, wherever and whenever they want, and nothing gets said because they are all "warm and fuzzy", and the Sox ENTIRE fan base gets an ass-scorching for Cub fan idiots who run out on our field. I remember more than a few fan incidents at Pigley field that nobody ever talks about anymore but God forbid the Ligues and Dybasses of the world go forgotten.

Huisj
02-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
I am just sick of the fact that the tenants of Chewing gum field and their corresponding "fans" can do whatever they want, wherever and whenever they want, and nothing gets said because they are all "warm and fuzzy", and the Sox ENTIRE fan base gets an ass-scorching for Cub fan idiots who run out on our field. I remember more than a few fan incidents at Pigley field that nobody ever talks about anymore but God forbid the Ligues and Dybasses of the world go forgotten.

i do think it's interesting, however, how suddenly all the people in the area around wrigley field are all up in arms about the possibility of more night games, because it will cause more problems with drunken fans out on the streets at night.

and yet no big deal is made out of this at all--the media makes it sound like it's the fault of the people living there for being concerned with the problems that would come from the dumb drunk fans, but not a word is said about how maybe the fans themselves just need to learn to behave themselves.

soxrme
02-17-2004, 04:02 PM
i do think it's interesting, however, how suddenly all the people in the area around wrigley field are all up in arms about the possibility of more night games, because it will cause more problems with drunken fans out on the streets at night.

and yet no big deal is made out of this at all--the media makes it sound like it's the fault of the people living there for being concerned with the problems that would come from the dumb drunk fans, but not a word is said about how maybe the fans themselves just need to learn to behave themselves.
Back in the 70's Sox Park was known as the worlds largest outdoor tavern and the media was all over us about that. How soon they forget. Did Moronatti forget about cubs fans - dodgers, or the fan who ran on the field to swing at the pitcher? Selective memory works great for idiots and reporters and cub fans :angry:

SoxFan76
02-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Could somebody please enlighten me. What was the media like in the 60's/70's? It couldn't be this biased. I belive this bais started in the 80's? Not really sure, which is why I'm asking now.

saltwater farmer
02-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Could somebody please enlighten me. What was the media like in the 60's/70's? It couldn't be this biased. I belive this bais started in the 80's? Not really sure, which is why I'm asking now.

I grew up in Denver. Back in the late 80s Mariotti came into town and tried writing his unsubstantiated devil's advocate garbage in one of the local papers. Back then, even Woody Paige knew better than to write crap like that (unless it was about Nebraska football or the Oakland Raiders). Mariotti lasted less than a year, if I recall correctly. It was glaringly obvious that he was just trying to create arguments and a name for himself by taking the least popular position on anything and everything. It all seemed so calculated and amateurish.

ode to veeck
02-17-2004, 06:06 PM
It was glaringly obvious that he was just trying to create arguments and a name for himself by taking the least popular position on anything and everything. It all seemed so calculated and amateurish.

he hasn't changed much

soxwon
02-17-2004, 06:23 PM
HONESTLY WHY DOESNT SOMEONE JUST CLOCK THE MORON., AFTER A SOX GAME SOMEWHERE, I DONT THINK ANY WOULD CARE IF HE GOT CLOBBERED.
POSSIBLY HAWK.

hftrex
02-17-2004, 06:29 PM
If you guys really hate Mariotti, then don't buy or read his newspaper or watch/listen to any shows that he's involved with.

Get the moron out of your system.

TornLabrum
02-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
HONESTLY WHY DOESNT SOMEONE JUST CLOCK THE MORON., AFTER A SOX GAME SOMEWHERE, I DONT THINK ANY WOULD CARE IF HE GOT CLOBBERED.
POSSIBLY HAWK.

Tony Phillips tried. That was the last time Moronotti set foot in the Sox clubhouse.

Palehose13
02-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
If you guys really hate Mariotti, then don't buy or read his newspaper or watch/listen to any shows that he's involved with.
And stop the pleasure gained in making fun of the moron? No way! :D:
Note:I only read him online and don't listen to his radio show, so I figure I can't be giving him too much as far as ratings go.

TommyJohn
02-18-2004, 10:09 AM

I've ranted about him many times on this board. I don't want to
anymore, but I can't help it. His comment about fans running out
onto the field just cuts it.

What about fans in other locales who pull off similar stunts? I
hate to say this, but what about Cub fans who trashed the field several times during the season? Or the animals who made
Steve Bartman's life hell? From the morons who pelted him with
stuff, the goon who ran up to him while security was leading him
out to the savages who broke his windows, damaged his car and
threatened his life and also harassed his parents. Why do these
people get off scot-free, praised as "long-suffering" while Sox
fans continued to get smeared for the actions of three guys, one
of whom was a Cub fan? It utterly mystifies me.

What we need in the media is an "Angry Sox Fan" that can give
vent to all of this. Someone who can fiercely defend the Sox and
Sox fans against scum like Mariotti. I nominate Hangar 18.