PDA

View Full Version : That's right Red Sox fans CRY!

chisoxmike
02-17-2004, 06:56 AM
What now Red Sox fans.?What do you do? A-Rod, the best player playing the game of baseball was almost yours. But, instead, a possible lethal Red Sox lineup that would've included A-Rod, & Maggs ( :whiner: ) doesn't have either.

These people are probably throwing themselves off a bridge right now.

But wait.......

THE SEASON HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET!!!

My point is...the Red Sox are still one of the top 3 teams in baseball. If they don't win the East, they will most likely get in the playoffs by the Wild Card.

chisoxmike
02-17-2004, 06:58 AM
PS- I understand the Yankees being their arch-rivals so reasons for being all pissed off would be the fact that A-Rod is on the Yankees.

But, that would give the Red Sox more motovation to beat the Yankees, if they didn't have enough already.

MiamiSpartan
02-17-2004, 07:03 AM
The Red Sox could have had him if they didn't try to jack around with his contract....They can look in the mirror when they cry, 'cause it's their own da@n fault!

Jjav829
02-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by MiamiSpartan
The Red Sox could have had him if they didn't try to jack around with his contract....They can look in the mirror when they cry, 'cause it's their own da@n fault!

Agreed. The Red Sox really messed this up. They had a chance to acquire the best player in baseball and help "reverse the curse." Yet they let him go because of about $2-3 million a year (though they want to make everyone think it is more). For the chance to get the best player in baseball, they should have bit of the few extra million a year and finished it. I think the problem was they thought they were in the drivers seat in this thing. I think they looked at this and figured that with Arod's enormous contract there are only a couple of teams that could take on his contract. They figured that they could wait and the Rangers would get more desperate just to unload Arod that they would do whatever they had to in order to get the deal done before the 2005 Free Agency period began. They figured they could go into the season with Nomar and Manny and possibly even make the trade in midseason. Instead the Yanks did a great job of keep the trade talks and grabbed Arod.

The good news for Red Sox fans is this doesn't kill them. The Red Sox will still probably go as far as Pedro and Curt allow them to go-largely based on health. The Yankees still have the same question marks that can stop them. The Red Sox still have Manny and Nomar (though both are likely unhappy) to lead what could be a potent offense if some players repeat what they did last year. Still, it's a huge morale killer.