PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else as sick of the Red Sox as I am?

SSN721
02-17-2004, 06:10 AM
I hate the yankees as much as the next person who is a fan of any other team in baseball, but I have to say I am almost (almost) happy that they have signed ARod just because I am so sick of Red Sox nation whining and complaining about how awful it is to be a Red Sox fan. I couldnt stand it in the post season last year how the Cubs and the Red Sox were the most depressed franchises in baseball. I know it isnt something to be proud of but why aret the white sox ever mentioned since we have had to wait longer than the Red Sox for a World Series championship? I cant stand the hypocrisy of the fan base how they want to be looked at as the most loyal fansand constantly calling the yankees the "Evil Empire" and buying their championships even though they spend over 120 million on their payroll and have a hell of a good team in their own right. Personally I think they are still better than the Yankees. I am just so sick of their whining and just want to tell them to SHUT UP, we should all be so lucky to be able to spend that much.

And now I heard reports this morning on ESPN that Larry Luccino (not sure about the spelling there) that he called Bud Selig's office to demand that he invoke the "In the best interest of baseball" clause to block the ARod trade. What a sore loser, noone was asking to do that to the poor Red Sox after they had already signed Curt Schilling and traded for Keith Folke. Ehhh, I dont know, must be an early morning rant. I have just heard enough and wondered if I was the only one on the planet who felt the same way. If only I didnt hate the Yankees so much I would find another team to root for in the East cuz I just cant stand the Red Sox or their fans anymore (mostly the fans actually). SOrry to continue on like that I just boiled over this morning hearing about the Larry Luccino phone call. :angry:

chisoxmike
02-17-2004, 06:43 AM
I totally agree with you. Not only that, if someone isn't rooting for their home team, they are either rooting for the Yankees or Red Sox.

I hate the Yankees too, but I'm tired of hearing about the "curses" of the Red Sox and Cubs. Had a fan "interfeared" with a FOUL ball on a team like the White Sox or a team like the Tigers even, the media would've blamed the players for the complete meltdown of the team. But no, the Cubs can't do any wrong. The Red Sox don't do wrong, it's the curse!

BULL!

The White Sox haven't won a WS since 1917, we've had our fare share of heartbreak.

But I'm glad actually that the media hasn't made up or blamed losing on some curse for the White Sox, or else we would be a group of whiners and bitter fans. Oh wait.....

StepsInSC
02-17-2004, 07:06 AM
The White Sox biggest move this off season has been Juan freaking Uribe. Hello? Do you think that might have something to do with the media right now?

Simply put the Yankees stealing away ARod from the Red Sox is a story, and a good one. I totally understand your frustration as a White Sox fan, but this club has been a 'non-news' team for the past several months.

On a side note, I can't say I blame Luccino. Everyone pretty much agrees this deal is bad for baseball, even Yankees fans who are thrilled about it. But look at the bright side, if the trend of the past few years continues, the Yankees still won't win the WS. The playoffs are such a crapshoot (especially with the stupid 5 game divisional series) that any team could run the table if they are still alive come October.

SaltyPretzel
02-17-2004, 07:21 AM
C'mon, don't you know that a Red Sox vs. Cubs World Series would be the best thing to ever happen to baseball, or even mankind?!! Shame on you SSN!!! :smile:

:boston
"You ogre!"

SSN721
02-17-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
The White Sox biggest move this off season has been Juan freaking Uribe. Hello? Do you think that might have something to do with the media right now?

Simply put the Yankees stealing away ARod from the Red Sox is a story, and a good one. I totally understand your frustration as a White Sox fan, but this club has been a 'non-news' team for the past several months.

On a side note, I can't say I blame Luccino. Everyone pretty much agrees this deal is bad for baseball, even Yankees fans who are thrilled about it. But look at the bright side, if the trend of the past few years continues, the Yankees still won't win the WS. The playoffs are such a crapshoot (especially with the stupid 5 game divisional series) that any team could run the table if they are still alive come October.

I dont think that Luccino is wrong, I just think it is hypocritical of him to make the call, their team is almost as bloated as the Yankees. It was also reported that other owners called Bud as well, I have no problem with that, any smaller team is perfectly right to scream from the mountaintop how bad it is for baseball, but the Red SOx are almost as bad buying up players like they did this off season. I am not saying it is wrong, just that it is hypocritical for Luccino to complain about it. Who was making the call if he was gonna sign ARod how bad it would be for baseball? I dont think even Steinbrenner would be that shallow and that much of a sore loser.

StepsInSC
02-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I dont think that Luccino is wrong, I just think it is hypocritical of him to make the call, their team is almost as bloated as the Yankees. It was also reported that other owners called Bud as well, I have no problem with that, any smaller team is perfectly right to scream from the mountaintop how bad it is for baseball, but the Red SOx are almost as bad buying up players like they did this off season. I am not saying it is wrong, just that it is hypocritical for Luccino to complain about it. Who was making the call if he was gonna sign ARod how bad it would be for baseball? I dont think even Steinbrenner would be that shallow and that much of a sore loser.

Yea I agree with the fact that its hypocritical, I didn't catch that from your post so I apologize.

SSN721
02-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Yea I agree with the fact that its hypocritical, I didn't catch that from your post so I apologize.

No big deal at all :D: It might not be the most lucid argument cuz I just keep getting more pissed off the more I hear on ESPN about the fans whining. Bah, just so irritating.

Jerko
02-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Yes I am sick of them. They are the "American League Cubs" as far as I am concerned.

Baby Fisk
02-17-2004, 09:34 AM
I hate Boston for its culture of poetic defeat. They glorify it like it's something great and heroic to overcome. The Red Sox are like France.

Whenever the Red Sox make the playoffs, their caps appear everywhere like wildfire -- suddenly everyone's pulling for Boston. Makes me sick.

sas1974
02-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I am definitely as sick of them as everybody else. There's almost a part of me that thinks their fans don't really even want them to win. What would all of those whiners do if their team actually won World Series? They would have nothing to complain about and their media wouldn't have anything to write about. They would no longer be this "tortured franchise."