PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Radio Advertising

jimatohare
02-17-2004, 03:20 AM
I just got to work. Driving up the Dan Ryan, I just passed the ballpark and WBBM was running a White Sox commercial with Ozzie Guillen doing the voiceover. From the sound of it, the only thing I can look forward to would be Ozzie's attempt to speak understandable English. Here's a great line from the Oz. "Winning is fun, fun is winning" Jesus, , how much are tickets this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Frank tee off on Ozzie That could be fun.

CubKilla
02-17-2004, 10:56 AM
The first time I heard the radio spot, I caught it half-way through. I thought a radio DJ was playing a soundbyte of Al Pacino's character Tony Montana from Scarface.

Maximo
02-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
The first time I heard the radio spot, I caught it half-way through. I thought a radio DJ was playing a soundbyte of Al Pacino's character Tony Montana from Scarface.

I'm LMAO!!!! That's funny!!

Procol Harum
02-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla

"Let me introduce you to my l'ee'l friend!!" Ozzie at press conference asking Willie Harris to stand and wave to the crowd...

soxrme
02-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Rob Gallas at his best :gulp: We can't be paying this guy much.

CubKilla
02-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by soxrme

Yeah. I hope the raise in most prices isn't going to a raise for Gallas'.

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by jimatohare
Here's a great line from the Oz. "Winning is fun, fun is winning" Jesus, , how much are tickets this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Frank tee off on Ozzie That could be fun. Wait a second, Ozzie was saying winning is fun and that this team should win. Well that's all I need to hear, let's fire him.

KingXerxes
02-17-2004, 12:16 PM
I hope they aren't planning to use him as their primary spokesperson. His accent is incredibly heavy.

jabrch
02-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
I hope they aren't planning to use him as their primary spokesperson. His accent is incredibly heavy.

:ozzie:
"I ha no dea va ju aah tocking 'bout"

Brian26
02-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by soxrme

He DID invent Turn-Back-The-Clock Day.

Man, he's been living off that for 14 years now.

Jerko
02-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
He DID invent Turn-Back-The-Clock Day.

Man, he's been living off that for 14 years now.

And Dog Day has added another 20 years or so. I just love dog day ; it's either 95 or 35 degrees out when they have it, and I just LOVE since they moved it to the outfield so I can dodge "landmines" on my way to and from concession stands or the bathroom.

KingXerxes
02-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
:ozzie:
"I ha no dea va ju aah tocking 'bout"

Does anybody remember Guillen's TV spots about ten years ago? He was supposed to say,

"What Sox fans want!"

But it sounded like,

"Wha sofa wha!"