PDA

View Full Version : Soriano

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 01:22 AM
I haven't heard anything that would lead me to believe that this is neccessarily true, but it's a possibility that Soriano could be traded to the Dodgers for pitching. Soriano is a right handed power hitter with speed, and can certainly fill the lead off spot. Who knows if they actually would lead him off, because there is a need to protect Green. Maybe he could bat third. Regardless, this is certainly a possibility, and it could play out to be a late blessing for the Dodgers.

I should also include that if such a deal took place, that it would most likely eliminate any deal involving the White Sox.

Dadawg_77
02-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I haven't heard anything that would lead me to believe that this is neccessarily true, but it's a possibility that Soriano could be traded to the Dodgers for pitching. Soriano is a right handed power hitter with speed, and can certainly fill the lead off spot. Who knows if they actually would lead him off, because there is a need to protect Green. Maybe he could bat third. Regardless, this is certainly a possibility, and it could play out to be a late blessing for the Dodgers.

I should also include that if such a deal took place, that it would most likely eliminate any deal involving the White Sox.

The only problem with him leading off is his lake of getting on base. He is a better five hitter then leadoff man.

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
The only problem with him leading off is his lake of getting on base. He is a better five hitter then leadoff man. Probably, but for the Dodgers, they would most likely move him up a couple spots because of their offense situation.

sas1974
02-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep

Good! I am tired of reading about them shipping us Perez.

SEALgep
02-18-2004, 02:05 AM
Texas just revealed that Soriano is actually 28, not 26. They knew about it before the trade, as Soriano told the Yankees last year.

DSpivack
02-18-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
The only problem with him leading off is his lake of getting on base. He is a better five hitter then leadoff man.

The kid is a borderline .300 hitter with 40 HR power- why couldn't he hit 3rd or cleanup- especially if on LA?

Texas, even without A Rod, Palmeiro and Juan Gone, still has a dangerous offense with the likes of Soriano, Young, Teixeira, Blalock, and Fullmer. These are all relatively young guys with much upside- does Texas not have a brighter future now then with A Rod?