PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Gracia for Magglio Revisited

doctor30th
02-16-2004, 10:39 PM
I was checking out the news for Seattle times yesterday and happened across this, its just a blurb and probably means nothing:

link (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/mariners/2001858207_mari15.html)

I'm not sure, Maybe Freddie Garcia and Randy Winn for Magglio?

Kuzman
02-16-2004, 10:56 PM
i hate freddy garcia, i picked him up 2 years in a row for fantasy and hes BROKE! i would hate to see mags go for garcia and winn

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Kuzman
i hate freddy garcia, i picked him up 2 years in a row for fantasy and hes BROKE! i would hate to see mags go for garcia and winn I don't neccessarily hate Garcia, but he's coming off of some subpar performances. He is considered their work horse, and he would fit in well with our club, but I don't think enough to believe he will improve our club more than by just keeping Maggs. Garcia is a FA next year too, and then we would be stuck with Winn. Winn is a good player, but our farm system has enough guys who should be able to fill the void in any spot in the outfield. The money we have or will have will be put to better use for FA pitching and infield spots next year.

Dadawg_77
02-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I don't neccessarily hate Garcia, but he's coming off of some subpar performances. He is considered their work horse, and he would fit in well with our club, but I don't think enough to believe he will improve our club more than by just keeping Maggs. Garcia is a FA next year too, and then we would be stuck with Winn. Winn is a good player, but our farm system has enough guys who should be able to fill the void in any spot in the outfield. The money we have or will have will be put to better use for FA pitching and infield spots next year.

Wow, we agree on something baseball related besides rooting for the Sox.

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Wow, we agree on something baseball related besides rooting for the Sox. It was bound to happen at some point. :)

SSN721
02-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Wow, we agree on something baseball related besides rooting for the Sox.

I already marked this day down on my calender. :o:

jabrch
02-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I was checking out the news for Seattle times yesterday and happened across this, its just a blurb and probably means nothing:

link (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/mariners/2001858207_mari15.html)

I'm not sure, Maybe Freddie Garcia and Randy Winn for Magglio?

If Rafael Soriano is in that deal - then I'd have to consider it very strongly. If not - I'd have no interest.

SEALgep
02-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
If Rafael Soriano is in that deal - then I'd have to consider it very strongly. If not - I'd have no interest. I would certainly give it a lot more consideration with him in the deal.

sas1974
02-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
If Rafael Soriano is in that deal - then I'd have to consider it very strongly. If not - I'd have no interest.

ONLY then would this be an interesting option - maybe. Otherwise, we are a better team with Maggs than without him. There is nothing in that trade or left on the market that would allow us to replace his production. Borchard or Reed are not ready to fill his shoes.

PaulDrake
02-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Just the thought of this is spoiling my appetite for lunch.