PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Biddle


mike squires
02-16-2004, 11:07 PM
What would it take to get Rocky Biddle back? Or do we even want him back, or would he even want to come back...Just interested in everyones opinions.

doctor30th
02-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Well the question is would he want to come back?

mike squires
02-16-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm prretty sure I heard he was bummed to be leaving especially to Montreal...but it gave him the opportunity to show everyone he can close...

npdempse
02-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
I'm prretty sure I heard he was bummed to be leaving especially to Montreal...but it gave him the opportunity to show everyone he can close...

He CAN close, but he didn't do so very much in the second half last year; his ERA shot up to 5.81.

I spill no tears over his departure.

Daver
02-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Given what the rotation looks like right now,Rocky Biddle would be a nice option to have.He has a better fastball than any pitcher on the 40 man roster right now.

doctor30th
02-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Daver didn't you know his dad or something like that?

Daver
02-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
Daver didn't you know his dad or something like that?

I have talked to his dad,and his dad's current wife.

I happened to come across their acquaintance on-line after Rocky made the 25 man roster.

depy48
02-16-2004, 11:26 PM
if he comes back, the sox would be back in action for their "sidearms and sideburns" ad campaign again...

kittle42
02-17-2004, 12:38 AM
No thanks.

akingamongstmen
02-17-2004, 12:42 AM
It would be great to have Rocky back. I mean, his sideburns alone are worth the price of admission. I thought they were so cool that I grew some myself.


:rock

"Yes, I know, they ARE great, aren't they?"

HITMEN OF 77
02-17-2004, 02:50 AM
I would bring him back if we could and yes those sideburns are amongst the best in the majors!

sas1974
02-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Daver
Given what the rotation looks like right now,Rocky Biddle would be a nice option to have.He has a better fastball than any pitcher on the 40 man roster right now.

What about Billy Koch?

Randar68
02-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
What would it take to get Rocky Biddle back? Or do we even want him back, or would he even want to come back...Just interested in everyones opinions.

I really liked Rocky as a pitcher and he certainly may continue to improve, but his #'s outside of Save totals last year weren't exactly stellar.

I definitely liked him as a back of the rotation starter or middle reliever better.

poorme
02-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Biddle should be a starter, no doubt. I don't think his stuff is good enough to blow people away for one inning, but it is varied enough to keep hitters guessing for 6-7 innings.

Jjav829
02-17-2004, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Rocky back here but not as a closer. I would welcome him as a reliever/spot starter. He's definitely available. Besides, it would bring back Rocky's parents to the game chats. :smile:

kittle42
02-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by poorme
Biddle should be a starter, no doubt. I don't think his stuff is good enough to blow people away for one inning, but it is varied enough to keep hitters guessing for 6-7 innings.

Yeah, guessing how many feet the ball traveled on their home run replays.

duke of dorwood
02-17-2004, 02:33 PM
I'd easily take him back-remember the Tinkerer and Nardi effect will not permeate it here anymore

StockdaleForVeep
02-17-2004, 08:25 PM
I can write letters pleading him to return? That and all us fans can grow 'burns like he has