PDA

View Full Version : Will Big Frank...

mike squires
02-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Show up on time this Spring? It will be interesting considering the "tension" between Guillen and Frank. IMO, Franks' mood will set the tone for the year, or at least the early part of the season.

doctor30th
02-16-2004, 10:03 PM
I'm having this white sox shirt made up for the possiblity of Frank coming without incident.

SoxxoS
02-16-2004, 10:05 PM
That is great!!!!

Can we put that as a permanent tag?

doctor30th
02-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Don't forget

doctor30th
02-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Sorry, dont forget this one. THis ones really positive.

MetalliSox
02-16-2004, 10:11 PM
I love how Frank doesn't say a word, keeps to himself and gets bashed by people, while Sammy will probably show up to ST late as usual and Chicago Media will think it's "cute".

Get off Frank's back for pete's sake.

doctor30th
02-16-2004, 10:14 PM
I love how Frank doesn't say a word

The problem is when he does say a word. Don't get me wrong I'm a big frank fan, but over the last couple of years I've grimmiced watching him in interviews. I find myself saying "ohh no, you didn't just say that."

I know he's not a bad guy, but he comes off bad even though he may not intend to.

mike squires
02-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Frank is dammned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Talks to the media and either is misqouted or taken out of context or is silent and is considered being moody.

TheRockinMT
02-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Frank will be at spring training on time and ready to play. You can put it on the board! I don't think he much cares about Rooster Guillen's comments anymore, if ever.

Jjav829
02-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
Frank will be at spring training on time and ready to play. You can put it on the board! I don't think he much cares about Rooster Guillen's comments anymore, if ever.

I hope he will, but that would be too easy. Most likely he'll report late (whether he has a valid excuse or not) and that will stir up more controversy. I hope not but that would seem to be the way this is going.

jabrch
02-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by MetalliSox
I love how Frank doesn't say a word, keeps to himself and gets bashed by people, while Sammy will probably show up to ST late as usual and Chicago Media will think it's "cute".

Get off Frank's back for pete's sake.

poor Frank

soxtalker
02-17-2004, 01:13 PM
There is a possibility that Frank is ignoring calls from Ozzie and KW in order to encourage them to trade him, as he would gain financially ($2M -- not sure if it is one-time bonus or yearly amount). If that's the case, showing up late would certainly make sense.

SoxFan76
02-17-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm a big Frank fan, but nobody should show up late to ST. In a few years Frank may be wondering if he is going to even make the team. Look at McGriff. I hate when good athletes take advantage of their abilities. "Hey, I'm going to put up decent numbers this year, why show up to spring training? That's for the rookies." I see it in high school all the time.

Deadguy
02-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Did he show up late in 2002 or 2003?

At least we know from second hand accounts from Greeinstein and Merker that he's been working out 5 times a week.

Walking down the aisle is the extent of Konerko's off season workout, if you don't count the honeymoon.

Palehose13
02-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Did he show up late in 2002 or 2003?

I was just wondering myself when the last time was that he did show up late. Shammy is notorious for it, but I didn't think Frank was. Now running the shuttle drill, that's a whole different topic.

But seriously, I am tired of the Frank bashing and hope the guy has a monster year and finishes his career here. :gulp:

dickallen15
02-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Frank has never shown up late, as far as the mandatory reporting date determined by MLB. He will be there on time.

RKMeibalane
02-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Here's what will happen the first day of Spring Traning:

:ozzie:

"Okay, guys, welcome back! I'm really excited to begin the 2004 season. I think we have a great team here. Of course, everyone has to play the game my way, which means that you have to swing from your heels and never take a walk. You also have to get most of your hits by hitting weak ground balls between third and short. That's how I played the game."

:hurt

"Oh, joy!"

:ozzie:

"Frank, I especailly expect you to do as I say. If you have a problem with that, talk to the hand!"

:hurt

(Punches Guillen in the face.)

:maggs

"Nice shot, Frank! Can I try?"

All the players start pummeling Guillen. Ozzie gets the crap kicked out of him. Kenny Williams runs into the clubhouse to break up the fight.

:KW

"STOP IT, YOU WORTHLESS BITCHES AND MOTHER****ERS!"

mike squires
02-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Or he may not show up at all. :whiner: :whiner: