PDA

View Full Version : Spring games televised?

Palehose13
02-16-2004, 09:53 PM
I looked on the official white sox site, but could not find any info in regards to the televising of spring training games. IIRC, at least a couple of games were on WGN last year. Does anyone have any info on what games will be televised? I can only pick up WGN until opening day. :(

I know this may be a little early, but I HATE this time of year. For pete's sake, discussion about NASCAR *yuck* and the NBA all-star game *double yuck* was on the airwaves...

SoxxoS
02-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Don't forget hockey

soxwon
02-16-2004, 10:21 PM
there is usually 4 games or so televised mainly the 2 cubs-sox games.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2004, 10:28 PM
:KW
"Televising games costs too much."

:reinsy
"We have to protect our season reservation holders."

:ozzie:
"If we made it to Game 7 of the World Series, yeah we could probably televise it but otherwise..."

:smile:

Jerko
02-16-2004, 11:31 PM
USUALLY they televise 2 Cub games, and I remember being at the group leader party in the bullpen bar a few times with a game on. I think that's March 13 this year if they have it. Also they televise a game right about St. Patrick's Day because I always see the green hats. Who knows anymore though.

Palehose13
02-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys!

Rocklive99
02-17-2004, 11:15 AM
ESPN is going to start televising ST games this year. I think their first one is March 3rd (Mets and Dodgers). I don't know their schedule though; if I find it, I'll edit it in.

EDIT: All Espn.com lists as a televised Sox game is:
Sat. 13 at Chicago Cubs 3:05 PM WGN Mesa
Not sure if they would list if games are one FSN/Comcast, or only the national networks.
Their ST schedule that shows the games they televise is at http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/schedules

CubKilla
02-17-2004, 12:04 PM
I remember two game televised last season. One was on a Friday against Milwaukee and the other was the next day against the Cubs..... or vice versa.

soxrme
02-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
USUALLY they televise 2 Cub games, and I remember being at the group leader party in the bullpen bar a few times with a game on. I think that's March 13 this year if they have it. Also they televise a game right about St. Patrick's Day because I always see the green hats. Who knows anymore though.

13TH is on for sure, watch the lawn there will be at least 10 of us SOX fans in left field. Go SOX :gulp:

awesomefan
02-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Rocklive99:

Thanks so much for the ESPN website address for telivised Spring Training games.

I wrote them all down on my calender & will pass the word along.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the link. That's pretty cool that they're telecasting some ST games this year but I probably won't be home to watch any of them. Oh well. I can listen to most of the sox games in school because they start at 2:05