PDA

View Full Version : 2004 World Series...This Could Happen

Maximo
02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Shudder to think.....but now that the Yankees have improved themselves slightly with the addition of Arod......it is conceivable that the Bronx Bombers might make it to the World Series.

Let's even take it one step further. Let's say they eliminate the Sox in a controversial Game 7 of the AL Championships to get there and will meet the National League representative...............
the 'beloved' Northsiders from Chicago in what will undoubtedly be to the delight of every television network outside of Boston.

What will those of us Yankee and Cub haters do?

Your thoughts.....

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 01:06 PM
One flaw with your scenario would be that the Sox would have to beat a superior Red Sox team (probably) to get to NY for the ALCS.

But if it all came down the way you said, a Yankee/Cub World Series would be the ONLY combination that would have me pulling for the YANKEES 100%.

SoxxoS
02-16-2004, 01:07 PM
I think I speak for almost everyone in here:

ANYONE BUT THE CUBS.

On a side note, I love how people are already talking Cubs in World Series. This is great. They are just setting themselves up for utter disaster when they realize they aren't as good as last year indicated.

Although I wouldn't want it to happen, I wouldn't be suprised if Kerry and Prior spend some time on the DL. They pitched a rediculous amount in last years playoffs, not to mention Dusty's redicuous pitch counts. Call it a hunch.

SoxFan76
02-16-2004, 01:08 PM
If your asking who I would root for, well obviously the Yankees. The only reason I hate the Yankees is because they have an owner who wants to win. I hate the Cubs for many different reasons. So definitely Yankees. Hell, they've already won 26 championships, what's one more?

SoxFan76
02-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Print those Cubbie playoff tickets.

duke of dorwood
02-16-2004, 01:10 PM
I'd have to pull for the Cubs-as the ultimate way to disgrace this ownership

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I'd have to pull for the Cubs-as the ultimate way to disgrace this ownership

:reinsy

"This offseason should have told you that I am beyond being disgraced. I just don't care as long as I'm making money."

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 01:49 PM
fox wants red sox/cubs...they'll take yankees-cubs...but love the bosox more
gene

Baby Fisk
02-16-2004, 02:51 PM
As a lifelong Yankee hater my immediate impulse is GO CUBS. But I've gotten used to the pain of watching and listening to fairweather Yank fans celebrating their bazillionth WS championship, so it wouldn't kill me if they won again just to watch stupid, naive Cub fans suffering in stupid, naive agony. Why does this thread feel so evil?

Most likely scenario during a Cubs-Yanks WS: Lots of this... :gulp:

Fridaythe13thJason
02-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Similar to my thread about the Yankees, I respond that I would wear Cubbie Blue underwear. I stand by the fact that anyone who says otherwise isn't a White Sox fan, and isn't a baseball fan.

santo=dorf
02-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
Similar to my thread about the Yankees, I respond that I would wear Cubbie Blue underwear. I stand by the fact that anyone who says otherwise isn't a White Sox fan, and isn't a baseball fan.

I only root for the Yankees because King George is doing what 99.999% of us would do if we owned a baseball team and had an unlimited payroll (I know you're reading this Jerry.) I'm not a fan of the Red Sox because they remind me of the Cubs. They accept the image of being "losers," and they complain of the Yankees payroll even though they are just as bad. They have the third highest payroll and suck up as many players they can before the trade deadline. The Yankees also got me back into baseball back in 1998 when they won 114 games. Don't get me wrong, White Sox are #1, but Yankees are a far distant #2. Sometimes you get sick of watching losing baseball.

MiamiSpartan
02-16-2004, 04:34 PM
I hate the Yankees, and I'm surrounded by thousands of obnoxious Yankee fans in Miami..... GO YANKEES!

GOC
02-16-2004, 05:28 PM
I'd say Yankees/Boston all the way . I'm sure if there are any other teams out there has that fans as annoying as the Cubs fansit would be Red Sox and Yankee fans . But at least if they win we can leave our houses without having to hear about it every 5 seconds .

Plus if Boston beat them in the WS The headlines might Read " Sox beat Cubs in World Series " -which is about as close as we're gonna get . . . :whiner:

soxwon
02-16-2004, 09:12 PM
The cubs will not make it.
i forsee major injuries to wood and sosa

fuzzy_patters
02-16-2004, 09:27 PM
If the fate of the world relied upon the Cubs winning the World Series, I would root for the end of the world.

gosox3072
02-16-2004, 11:33 PM
I dont care who wins the world series as long as the flubs up north don't. I hate the yankees but i hate the cubs FAR more.

Kuzman
02-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
If the fate of the world relied upon the Cubs winning the World Series, I would root for the end of the world.

wahahahahahah

WhiteSox = Life
02-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Maximo
Shudder to think.....but now that the Yankees have improved themselves slightly with the addition of Arod......it is conceivable that the Bronx Bombers might make it to the World Series.

Let's even take it one step further. Let's say they eliminate the Sox in a controversial Game 7 of the AL Championships to get there and will meet the National League representative...............
the 'beloved' Northsiders from Chicago in what will undoubtedly be to the delight of every television network outside of Boston.

What will those of us Yankee and Cub haters do?

Your thoughts.....

I would be incredibly happy and even more so surprised that the Sox made it to the ALCS and only got eliminated on a controversial play; however, I would hope there would be some sort of complaint filed depending upon the erroneous nature of the call; furthermore, the encountered success may actually cause Jerry to spend some money for a change and allow KW to grab a couple of players to improve the Sox' chances of going all the way the following year.

I'd pull for the Yankees over the Cubs, to answer the original question.

The real reason for this post was the opening paragraph, anyway.

Life-Style

SSN721
02-17-2004, 06:42 AM
That is the only concievable situation I could see myself donning a Yankees cap for a week. Hate the Yanks, but I loathe the Cubs much more.

chisox56
02-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I think I speak for almost everyone in here:

Although I wouldn't want it to happen, I wouldn't be suprised if Kerry and Prior spend some time on the DL. They pitched a rediculous amount in last years playoffs, not to mention Dusty's redicuous pitch counts. Call it a hunch.

I agree with you totally on this injury thing. I say prior, wood, and zambrano were overworked last year. I can't wait to see what happens if one of these guys gets hurt. I have been telling friends of mine who are cubs fans that this will probably happen.

Jerko
02-17-2004, 02:25 PM
I know the whole Cub/Red Sox thing is a step BELOW sickening, but remember the saccharine covered Flub/Spankmees series at "the Shrine" last June? That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on screen, large or small. I'd rather watch every single Faces of Death movie while nauseous than go through a CUB/YANKEE World Series.

Baby Fisk
02-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters

LOL!

Here's to oblivion! :gulp: