PDA

View Full Version : Selig Approves

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Not a shocker, we all knew it, but it is official-ESPN News.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 12:45 PM
F U Payrod and F U Yankees!!!!! :angry:

Bud could have showed some gumption and some ***** by rejecting this trade.

I hope the acquisition of PayRod for the Yankees is similar to what trading away Babe Ruth has been for the Red Sox.

MRKARNO
02-16-2004, 12:46 PM
But if they dont win the world Series, it will be that much better

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
But if they dont win the world Series, it will be that much better That's true. George would freak.

SoxFan76
02-16-2004, 01:12 PM
If they don't make the World Series, it would just piss off George even more. He'd buy out every star every team has.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
If they don't make the World Series, it would just piss off George even more. He'd buy out every star every team has.

:maggs

"Looks like I might have to start apt shopping in NY if BOS is as good as 'Killa thinks they are."

anewman35
02-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

Based on what reasoning? Do you really want Bud canceling trades just because he feels like it?

rahulsekhar
02-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

I hope the acquisition of PayRod for the Yankees is similar to what trading away Babe Ruth has been for the Red Sox.

This deal is 100% legal/allowable under the existing format. There aren't even huge cash considerations (i.e. ARod being traded for a huge pile of cash, which could be cause for rejection).

People may not like what George is doing, but to say he's "ruining baseball" is kind of ridiculous. He's doing everything that he can within the current system to win. That's to be applauded, not vilified. If you have a problem with that, change the system, but don't hate on a guy for doing what he can to win within the confines of the system in place.