PDA

View Full Version : N.Y. Post questions Yankee rotation

munchman33
02-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Interesting article about the remade N.Y. rotation. I especially liked the quote about losing Pettitte from an A.L. West scout.

"Pettitte saved them last year," a scout for an American League West team said. "He pitched all the big games for them when they had to have them. Now someone else has to do that."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spring-yanks,0,4789225.story?coll=ny-sports-promo

MRKARNO
02-16-2004, 12:44 PM
I really think they lost a ton with pettite gone. He really saved their butts a ton last year. I dont think this team has the "it" factor that the previous Yankee WS teams had.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Man..... I WISH our only problem was a rotation with some hacks named Mussina, Brown, and Lieber.

oldcomiskey
02-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Thank you-and I still say the Yankees are weak at 2b now----and maybe wherever Bernie plays

Rex Hudler
02-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Man..... I WISH our only problem was a rotation with some hacks named Mussina, Brown, and Lieber.

Don't forget Vazquez......... He's as good as anyone we have.

beckett21
02-16-2004, 07:09 PM
I just love how everyone questions their rotation. Mussina, Brown and Vazquez would be #1 guys for about 20 teams. Contreras seemed to find himself at the end of the season and I think he will be stronger this season. The only real question mark in my mind is Lieber, it usually takes those guys a full season to get back to normal. But NOBODY is 5 pitchers deep except MAYBE Oakland.

I sure hope nobody honestly thinks the White Sox pitching is even CLOSE to that staff... that is laughable.

The Red Sox may have a SLIGHT advantage...remember Pedro is injury prone himself and you usually find him on the shelf for at least a month in July or August...Schilling is a stud but after that Lowe is inconsistent, then what...BK Kim and Wakefield?? Give me a break. I might give the BoSox rotation the nod over the Yankees, but not by a wide margin. The best rotation in baseball is in Oakland anyway,with apologies to Houston and that other team in town, but the A's will have trouble scoring runs this season.

Guess what folks, the Yankees are the team to beat until proven otherwise. I don't say that happily, it hurts, but that's just my opinion.