PDA

View Full Version : Robert Person is down!

WSox8404
02-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Oh no! One of our many outstanding offseason moves has turned sour. Robert Person is down with a bad achilles tendon. Oh no how will we replace his 5 wins he would have given us next year? Actually when you think about it this does kind of suck cause we havent really made many outstanding moves this offseason and there are still tons of questions revolving around the starting rotation. But have no fear.....KW is working hard on the case right now. Maybe he will get Todd Richie back.

munchman33
02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
We've known this for a week now.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
Maybe he will get Todd Richie back.

:reinsy

"What's his asking price?"

steff
02-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
:reinsy

"What's his asking price?"

Bag of peanuts and an arm sling.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
We've known this for a week now.

And the point is? This is THE BIG Sox news of the past week. Meanwhile, in NY, the Yanks are pulling off one of the biggest baseball trades EVER and the Cubs are rumored to be getting Maddux!

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 12:23 PM
And the point is? This is THE BIG Sox news of the past week. Meanwhile, in NY, the Yanks are pulling off one of the biggest baseball trades EVER and the Cubs are rumored to be getting Maddux! But those two things mentioned are the only news stories for all of baseball.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
But those two things mentioned are the only news stories for all of baseball.

Sad isn't it. The real MLB teams made all their deals in Nov., Dec., and Jan.

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Sad isn't it. The real MLB teams made all their deals in Nov., Dec., and Jan. Lol, I don't think it's as bad as you think. We'll have to see, but I think things will work out, and I believe we take the division. I have no doubt you hope we do as well. Here's to the season, for better or worse. :gulp:

munchman33
02-16-2004, 12:31 PM
And the point is? This is THE BIG Sox news of the past week.

My point is that this topic already has a thread.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Lol, I don't think it's as bad as you think. We'll have to see, but I think things will work out, and I believe we take the division. I have no doubt you hope we do as well. Here's to the season, for better or worse. :gulp:

:gulp:

steff
02-16-2004, 12:35 PM
:gulp:

Got a few more... dozen... of those..? :D:

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by steff
Got a few more... dozen... of those..? :D: Lol, I wonder if someone can provide the same smiley face with it downing a whiskey bottle. That would be great. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: This could work too tough, lol.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by steff
Got a few more... dozen... of those..? :D:

Sure. Gotta get them on Opening Day though. It will probably be one of the only times I will be at USCF this season :whiner: .

SoxxoS
02-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Do we have an award for "Most new topics about the same subject" or something like that?

kittle42
02-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Do we have an award for "Most new topics about the same subject" or something like that?

I'm with you. Does anyone even bother reading other threads before posting anymore?

WinningUgly!
02-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Lol, I wonder if someone can provide the same smiley face with it downing a whiskey bottle. That would be great. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: This could work too tough, lol.

munchman33
02-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

That is hillarious!!!

steff
02-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Sure. Gotta get them on Opening Day though. It will probably be one of the only times I will be at USCF this season :whiner: .

Naa.. we'll have to get you to come out our way when RPS comes out. :D: