PDA

View Full Version : Even more stuff going up in price!

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi.

Patio parties have gone up in price. Now $38, was $35. Not sure if the st discount will still apply.
ALSO, parking went up. now $16, was $15. St holders can still get it at $13. The new price was mentioned at www.whitesox.com/startingnine
Gene

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 10:32 AM
:reinsy

"I gotta raise prices for mediocrity. You cheap, no-show White Sox fans are bankrupting me."

poorme
02-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Jeez. I remember when parking was $5 when the park opened. That's a 320% increase. Wish my income would have gone up 320%. Or the games were 320% more entertaining.

Blueprint1
02-16-2004, 11:21 AM
I believe the highest paid player in baseball at that time was Ryan Sandburg @ 8 million per season. Our highest paid player at this time is 14 million per season not even close to the highest paid in baseball. I can see how tickets, parking, and food have gone up in price.

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
I believe the highest paid player in baseball at that time was Ryan Sandburg @ 8 million per season. Our highest paid player at this time is 14 million per season not even close to the highest paid in baseball. I can see how tickets, parking, and food have gone up in price. Not only that, but regardless if people believe JR or not, he has said that he is running the organization by trying to break even. The payroll that was supposed to be at 58 million is closer to 65 million. I like the team for the most part, and if we have to pay an extra dollar for parking to make sure the team stays in tact for at least this season, I'm okay with it. If it was a raise and payroll went down, I would have a problem with it, but that's not the case.

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 11:39 AM
I believe the highest paid player in baseball at that time was Ryan Sandburg @ 8 million per season. Our highest paid player at this time is 14 million per season not even close to the highest paid in baseball. I can see how tickets, parking, and food have gone up in price.

Originally posted by SEALgep
Not only that, but regardless if people believe JR or not, he has said that he is running the organization by trying to break even. The payroll that was supposed to be at 58 million is closer to 65 million. I like the team for the most part, and if we have to pay an extra dollar for parking to make sure the team stays in tact for at least this season, I'm okay with it. If it was a raise and payroll went down, I would have a problem with it, but that's not the case.

Attitudes like this are why Jerry gets away with ticket/food/parking increases, while the "product" he sells continues to be like crap.
Gene

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 11:42 AM

Not only that, but regardless if people believe JR or not, he has said that he is running the organization by trying to break even. The payroll that was supposed to be at 58 million is closer to 65 million. I like the team for the most part, and if we have to pay an extra dollar for parking to make sure the team stays in tact for at least this season, I'm okay with it. If it was a raise and payroll went down, I would have a problem with it, but that's not the case.

Furthermore, all these increases are after a team(that already raised prices due to all $tar game greed) failed to make the playoffs. BTW, the Astros, with the 04 ASG AND Roger Clemens, lowered ticket prices in some sections(namely the ones the average fan sits in). Discuss.
Gene

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Furthermore, all these increases are after a team(that already raised prices due to all $tar game greed) failed to make the playoffs. BTW, the Astros, with the 04 ASG AND Roger Clemens, lowered ticket prices in some sections(namely the ones the average fan sits in). Discuss.
Gene Alright, you don't have to be happy about it, but is it going to stop you from going to a game because of the dollar you are outraged about. It's fine if people don't want to, because they feel they are getting ripped off, but I just don't necessarily share that view. I'm going to games regardless, that's just me, but I can understand people who don't want to.

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Alright, you don't have to be happy about it, but is it going to stop you from going to a game because of the dollar you are outraged about. It's fine if people don't want to, because they feel they are getting ripped off, but I just don't necessarily share that view. I'm going to games regardless, that's just me, but I can understand people who don't want to.

I'm more discerning when it comes to spend my hard earned money now. If prices remained static, we would have collectively a few million more to spend on MORE games in 04. As it is, the sox will get more money from less games vs last year. This organization dosent have the all star crutch to fall on, and it certainly dosent have a post-playoff boost like the cubs. It's kinda stoopid to raise prices in Season/Individual/Group/Patio tickets, parking, Kids Club, while arguably limiting the number of half off games. AND killing the popular Sox7, and replacing it with an inferior program. So there...that's my beef.
Gene

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Gene

Just sounds to me that there's at least one Organization that knows how to market to their fanbase to increase attendance.

Brian26
02-16-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm absolutely stunned that they are raising parking by a buck to $16. For the longest time, it was at an even $10. That seemed easy enough. Although the price increase to $15 wasn't helpful to the fans, it was at least easy to deal with from a logistical standpoint. How much longer is it going to take to get into the parking lots now with the parking lot ushers trying to make change for a $20 dollar bill? Who's going to have $16 bucks exactly? What a pain.

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I'm absolutely stunned that they are raising parking by a buck to $16. For the longest time, it was at an even $10. That seemed easy enough. Although the price increase to $15 wasn't helpful to the fans, it was at least easy to deal with from a logistical standpoint. How much longer is it going to take to get into the parking lots now with the parking lot ushers trying to make change for a $20 dollar bill? Who's going to have $16 bucks exactly? What a pain.

like jerry cares....

Sad
02-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Parking is no longer a concern of mine as I quit driving into the city after that Friday Cubs - SOX game at the Cell last season...

the Sky-Way construction...
we were stuck on the toll road for 60-90 minutes
:(:
parked me at McCormick then shuttled us off in school buses...
3 innings later & my blood pressure at 4-atmospheres I was finally in my seat :angry:

come to think of it, that's the last time I drove into Chicago period.
Now I drive to Michigan City, board the South Shore with a sack of suds and relax :cool:

then I use the CTA trains or buses for any game, concert or other activity Im attending in our fine city...

I do miss tailgating but the overall experience is much more pleasant for me this way, and by the time I get back to my ride there is no traffic to speak of...

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Sad
Parking is no longer a concern of mine as I quit driving into the city after that Friday Cubs - SOX game at the Cell last season...

the Sky-Way construction...
we were stuck on the toll road for 60-90 minutes
:(:
parked me at McCormick then shuttled us off in school buses...
3 innings later & my blood pressure at 4-atmospheres I was finally in my seat :angry:

come to think of it, that's the last time I drove into Chicago period.
Now I drive to Michigan City, board the South Shore with a sack of suds and relax :cool:

then I use the CTA trains or buses for any game, concert or other activity Im attending in our fine city...

I do miss tailgating but the overall experience is much more pleasant for me this way, and by the time I get back to my ride there is no traffic to speak of...

yeah...public trans with some brewskies is the way to go....
Gene

Huisj
02-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

it's going the same way as vending machines and fountain drinks at gas stations. last year, all the pop machines on campus here were raised from $1.00 to $1.10 for a 20 ounce pop. it's such a pain in the butt, because how often does someone have a dime to throw in there? and then a big gas station near where my construction job was last summer raised the price of a big fountain drink from 89 to 99 cents. with michigan sales tax, that made it be $1.05. again, who's got that nickel with them? i swear it's all a big plan to get you to but more stuff. with the vending machine, you get a pocketfull of change back from the machine if you put 2 bucks in, and then you see the snack machine right next to you, and you figure you might as well buy a candy bar too, because you'll probably lose the change anyway the next time you sit down. at the gas station, you take out two bucks, and then you see the candy bars down below you at the counter, and figure you might as well get one since you've got two bucks out anways.

well i didn't give in to either of those things. i quit buying pops from the vending machines here, and me and the other guy i worked with all summer quit buying pop at the gas station too. am i gonna do the same about the parking at comiskey? do i even have enough money at all to go see a game and sit in decent seats? hmmm