PDA

View Full Version : Starting 9 online


ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 10:00 AM
It's up. But you can only pick games in april so far.
Gene

www.whitesox.com/startingnine

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Hey. Here's some new exclusions for Starting Nine.
Gene


Please note: Some games do not have all available sections. If you are selecting games listed below, do not select the section that is not available. The following games do not have all sections available:
Bleachers - 4/22, 5/1, 5/29, 6/8, 6/9, 6/23, 7/25, 8/8, 8/10, 9/5, 9/18
Lower Reserved - 5/1, 5/15, 8/8, 8/22

dllrbll7
02-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Their calculate button is coming up with a different total then i calculated. Anyone else havin that problem?

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 10:16 AM
I didnt notice the scroll bar on the dates. Carry on.
Gene

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Their calculate button is coming up with a different total then i calculated. Anyone else havin that problem?
the system might be blocking you from buying cub games for a buck.
Gene

dllrbll7
02-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Tried that it didnt make a difference

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Tried that it didnt make a difference

call the sox. 312-674-1000...ask for ticket office or thier net guy. They have the offer for mail/fax orders too.
Gene

dllrbll7
02-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Just got off the phone with them and they already know about the problem and are trying to fix it. Said it should be any time now

Maximo
02-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Just got off the phone with them and they already know about the problem and are trying to fix it. Said it should be any time now

Figures....doesn't it? Kick off to one of their biggest ticket promotions during the year and........oh, well.........

chisoxmike
02-16-2004, 10:34 AM
I did my SoxNine form yesterday online and had no problems. I put the Friday afternoon Cubs game as my $1.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Maximo
Figures....doesn't it? Kick off to one of their biggest ticket promotions during the year and........oh, well.........

The rush of Sox faithful willing to pay the price to watch mediocrity probably crashed the Sox computer system.

chisoxmike
02-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Does anybody know when the tickets are mailed out? And if they send us some e-mail saying that the order was processed?

I just got a thank you screen.

TornLabrum
02-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Be very careful when you scroll down after choosing your last parking pass. My totals came out different, and I think it was because I scrolled using the mouse wheel. When I checked again, unfortunately after I ordered, it showed 6 parking passes.

The system is completely automated, and they can't intervene, so they say. I was told if I return the passes before game day, the Sox will refund my money.

chisoxmike
02-16-2004, 11:08 AM
The White Sox site blocked the link for the StartingNine, says it will be availble later today.

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Be very careful when you scroll down after choosing your last parking pass. My totals came out different, and I think it was because I scrolled using the mouse wheel. When I checked again, unfortunately after I ordered, it showed 6 parking passes.

The system is completely automated, and they can't intervene, so they say. I was told if I return the passes before game day, the Sox will refund my money.
Get that in writing, or save your emails. You know how Jerry is.
Gene

Over By There
02-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Just put in my order. It was fun to think about all those warm nights at the ballpark on a cold Chicago day.

gogosoxgogo
02-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Just got off the phone with them and they already know about the problem and are trying to fix it. Said it should be any time now

I heard that they won't spend the money to fix it until we start buying a lot of 9-game packages first.

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Over By There
Just put in my order. It was fun to think about all those warm nights at the ballpark on a cold Chicago day.

I know that feeling. Too bad I'll be doing it in Milwaukee, St. Louis, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, KC, etc. this summer.

dllrbll7
02-17-2004, 10:16 PM
The link is now fixed and doesnt calculate the total at the end. They said they would email the final cost to you once it was processed. Got mine all ordered now!

bc2k
02-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Hey. Here's some new exclusions for Starting Nine.
Gene


Please note: Some games do not have all available sections. If you are selecting games listed below, do not select the section that is not available. The following games do not have all sections available:
Bleachers - 4/22, 5/1, 5/29, 6/8, 6/9, 6/23, 7/25, 8/8, 8/10, 9/5, 9/18
Lower Reserved - 5/1, 5/15, 8/8, 8/22

Thanks for the valuable info Gene. Looking at the schedule, some of those blackedout bleacher dates fall on Saturday. I'm guessing that those are the Saturday fireworks nights (since bleacher fans are usually cleared out for safety reasons during fireworks displays). That's another thing about Sox-9 that pisses me off, they won't release the promotion games before we can buy the Sox-9. This organization sucks. EVERY ADVANTAGE GONE.

But using your information ewok, I'm assuming fireworks nights--which historically fall on Saturday nights--take place on the blackedout Saturdays listed above (5/1, 5/29, 9/18). So if you're a fan who has yet to order your Sox-9, and are also a fireworks fan, I'd suggest choosing one of those three dates on your Sox-9.

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Thanks for the valuable info Gene. Looking at the schedule, some of those blackedout bleacher dates fall on Saturday. I'm guessing that those are the Saturday fireworks nights (since bleacher fans are usually cleared out for safety reasons during fireworks displays). That's another thing about Sox-9 that pisses me off, they won't release the promotion games before we can buy the Sox-9. This organization sucks. EVERY ADVANTAGE GONE.

But using your information ewok, I'm assuming fireworks nights--which historically fall on Saturday nights--take place on the blackedout Saturdays listed above (5/1, 5/29, 9/18). So if you're a fan who has yet to order your Sox-9, and are also a fireworks fan, I'd suggest choosing one of those three dates on your Sox-9.

not all those days are saturdays....it may be large groups with tickets already bought.....fireworks are no longer done on the field, which prompted the fire dept to limit seating...it's done outside teh park now...my season seats used to be affected by that...now i watch teh fireworks in them
Gene

MetalliSox
02-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Anyone get an e-mail saying their order was processed. Just wondering how long it took. It has only been a few days for me, just curious though.

billnahorodny
02-20-2004, 11:50 AM
I just got it...plus they actually called me yesterday to tell me they would be charging me more than the original total that was calculated.
Anyone know how long until the tickets get sent out?

CubKilla
02-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by billnahorodny
Anyone know how long until the tickets get sent out?

Hopefully not as long as it takes the White Sox Organization to refund you your unusable ticket money.

dickallen15
02-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by billnahorodny
I just got it...plus they actually called me yesterday to tell me they would be charging me more than the original total that was calculated.
Anyone know how long until the tickets get sent out?

Probably Mid March.