PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about SEALgep...


pudge
02-15-2004, 10:04 PM
The guy has been a member for less than two months and nearly has as many posts as I do in the past THREE YEARS. He's averaging over 20 posts a day, that can't be healthy! And this is the off-season! I fear to think what will happen when the games begin...

:)

MRKARNO
02-15-2004, 10:08 PM
It'll probably fall off, but it's good to see that we have fanatical fans

doctor30th
02-15-2004, 10:09 PM
I don't think there is a reason to worry. He seems healthy, and Far from insane. At least he can think of things to type; sometimes I read a thread and want to respond but I can't think of a thought that is at least remotely good.

So keep on posting SEALgep...At least you can come up with ideas. All it shows me is that I'm not as creative as you.

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by pudge
The guy has been a member for less than two months and nearly has as many posts as I do in the past THREE YEARS. He's averaging over 20 posts a day, that can't be healthy! And this is the off-season! I fear to think what will happen when the games begin...

:) Lol, I need a break. I work out of my house, so I have time to kill a lot of the time. I do appreciate the concern though. When the season starts though, I'll probably be no where to be found. Lol, no I'll probably still be here, to several people's dismay I'm sure. I just can't stand the anticipation. I'm excited for the season.

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I don't think there is a reason to worry. He seems healthy, and Far from insane. At least he can think of things to type; sometimes I read a thread and want to respond but I can't think of a thought that is at least remotely good.

So keep on posting SEALgep...At least you can come up with ideas. All it shows me is that I'm not as creative as you. Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it. I don't know if I'm any more creative than anyone else here, but being here with everyone else that have high aspirations for the Sox makes me feel good, and want to be a part of it.

RedPinStripes
02-15-2004, 10:15 PM
That's nothin. When i was unemployed, i had around 40 posts per day. Literally wake up and check the boards and only leave the pc when i had an interview. Yeah, I'm a loser. :whiner:

Daver
02-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Yeah, I'm a loser. :whiner:

Glad to see you have finally embraced the truth.



:)

RedPinStripes
02-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Hey, I'm almost 30 now. Reality is settling in. :D:

beckett21
02-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
That's nothin. When i was unemployed, i had around 40 posts per day. Literally wake up and check the boards and only leave the pc when i had an interview. Yeah, I'm a loser. :whiner:

I am falling into that trap myself...lost my job about a year and a half ago, and now I am self employed and not as busy as I used to be or would care to be...My wife thinks I have gone off the deep end...wait let me go check, she may have left me and I didn't notice! :o:

This stuff is addicting, I am just hoping the novelty wears off and it doesn't completely destroy my life! :D:

RedPinStripes
02-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
I am falling into that trap myself...lost my job about a year and a half ago, and now I am self employed and not as busy as I used to be or would care to be...My wife thinks I have gone off the deep end...wait let me go check, she may have left me and I didn't notice! :o:

This stuff is addicting, I am just hoping the novelty wears off and it doesn't completely destroy my life! :D:

It's tough out there. I had to change job fields after 7 years of being a toolmaker. I'm just glad to have a job that pays decent with O.T. I dont wish enemployment on anyone. It neearly drove me insane.

pearso66
02-15-2004, 10:33 PM
I actually tailed off after my first few weeks. and not to mention, i've been known to not check this site for a month or so at a time.

beckett21
02-15-2004, 10:34 PM
:rowand

"Speak for yourselves...I think he is stalking me!"

Randar68
02-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by pudge
The guy has been a member for less than two months and nearly has as many posts as I do in the past THREE YEARS. He's averaging over 20 posts a day, that can't be healthy! And this is the off-season! I fear to think what will happen when the games begin...

:)


I'm more worried about him thinking Aaron Rowand is the answer to any question that doesn't end in 'Role Player' or that bunting Frank is a good idea! Those are a lot more disconcerting than the # of posts! :D:

LOL!

beckett21
02-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
It's tough out there. I had to change job fields after 7 years of being a toolmaker. I'm just glad to have a job that pays decent with O.T. I dont wish enemployment on anyone. It neearly drove me insane.

Brutal. I agree. Nothing anyone should ever have to go thru. Really makes you analyze your life--scary stuff. :whiner:

Glad you made it thru! :cool:

beckett21
02-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I'm more worried about him thinking Aaron Rowand is the answer to any question that doesn't end in 'Role Player' or that bunting Frank is a good idea! Those are a lot more disconcerting than the # of posts! :D:

LOL!

:hurt

"After reading his posts, I have been working feverishly on my bunting skills this offseason. "

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I'm more worried about him thinking Aaron Rowand is the answer to any question that doesn't end in 'Role Player' or that bunting Frank is a good idea! Those are a lot more disconcerting than the # of posts! :D:

LOL! Lol Randar, we butt heads sometimes, which is probably a reason I have so many posts, lol. However, I discussed it with my dad later on, and he seems to agree with you- on bunting Frank- Rowand is still going to be a solid CF. Frank probably shouldn't bunt, not just because he's a good hitter, but because he's a lousy bunter. So I'm willing to compromise :smile: , lol.

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
:hurt

"After reading his posts, I have been working feverishly on my bunting skills this offseason. "
:hawk "Now wait a minute, I think SEALgep has got something here."


Lol.

34 Inch Stick
02-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Lol Randar, we butt heads sometimes, which is probably a reason I have so many posts, lol. However, I discussed it with my dad later on, and he seems to agree with you- on bunting Frank- Rowand is still going to be a solid CF. Frank probably shouldn't bunt, not just because he's a good hitter, but because he's a lousy bunter. So I'm willing to compromise :smile: , lol.

Now if you will just take someone's word for it that Fisk didn't want to move to the outfield, that no matter how good Harris may be he is a question mark going into the season and that Hawk toes the company line we can get you down to under 5 posts a day. We preach baby steps with our program. The detox period is the toughest part.

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Now if you will just take someone's word for it that Fisk didn't want to move to the outfield, that no matter how good Harris may be he is a question mark going into the season and that Hawk toes the company line we can get you down to under 5 posts a day. We preach baby steps with our program. The detox period is the toughest part. Nah, you aren' likely to get too much more out of me. But I have to admit I never expected this much attention, maybe my voice is being heard. Some of what you said is a little distorted though. I never claimed Harris wasn't a question mark, I said he is going to be a good player. He still has to prove it, I just said I believe he will.

Baby Fisk
02-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
It'll probably fall off, but it's good to see that we have fanatical fans
He's done well by not coming aboard on day one and DEMANDING RESPECT and talking nostalgically about how great he had it on other message boards. Has that ever happened?

SSN721
02-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
It's tough out there. I had to change job fields after 7 years of being a toolmaker. I'm just glad to have a job that pays decent with O.T. I dont wish enemployment on anyone. It neearly drove me insane.

Its bad enough being a tool maker for 7 years :D: , why I had to switch to Wire EDM, what field have you gotten into? I like SEALs enthusiasm, although I dont agree with him philisophically all the time I love the fact that there are more then just depressed fans with no hope and want to suck everyone into their black hole of baseball despair.

Jjav829
02-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Nah, you aren' likely to get too much more out of me. But I have to admit I never expected this much attention, maybe my voice is being heard.

Hey, when did you join? Welcome Aboard! Heh. :D:

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Hey, when did you join? Welcome Aboard! Heh. :D: Thanks a lot, the 16th of January.

Jjav829
02-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Thanks a lot, the 16th of January.

I was joking (and it was evidently a poor attempt) in case you didn't get that...

RedPinStripes
02-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
Its bad enough being a tool maker for 7 years :D: , why I had to switch to Wire EDM, what field have you gotten into? I like SEALs enthusiasm, although I dont agree with him philisophically all the time I love the fact that there are more then just depressed fans with no hope and want to suck everyone into their black hole of baseball despair.

I was actually a CNC mill operator/ programer. After getting laid off 4 times in 2 years, I made sure i got into something they cant send over seas. Now i'm just a dirty old trucker making close to the same money. :cool: