PDA

View Full Version : The Series Looking Most Forward To

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 08:37 PM
We are going to have some good series this year, as we do every year. Which one are you looking most forward to? The two in our division is more of a general option for any of the series. Personally, I'm looking forward to battling the Royals this year, because I think we might see some continuation of our last series in Kauffman stadium. However, I'm probably also going to at least one of the Yankee's games, a Cubs game (in the Cell), and a few Twin's games. What's your take?

MRKARNO
02-15-2004, 08:41 PM
There isn't anything like the Cubs-Sox series. Especially when we whoop 'em

beckett21
02-15-2004, 08:42 PM
I'll say the Twinkies. I think we will play the Royals well this year. We always seem to have more trouble with the Twins. If we can get that monkey off our back we'll be OK.

The Cubs? WE OWN THEM! :D:

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
There isn't anything like the Cubs-Sox series. Especially when we whoop 'em That's true, last year was awesome. Jimenez game winning single, Valentin walk off homerun, Rowand's homer to take the lead, Olivo's grand slam in the first (at Wrigley while batting ninth-best moment of his young career thus far.)

SoxFan76
02-15-2004, 08:47 PM
I picked Royals, just because the Cubs is a given. I did not pick the Twins because they always win, and even on TV, I can't stand watching games in that dome.

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I picked Royals, just because the Cubs is a given. I did not pick the Twins because they always win, and even on TV, I can't stand watching games in that dome. Not to mention the Royals are considered the favorite, and I would love nothing more than to crush their hopes and have them second guessing themselves.

santo=dorf
02-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
That's true, last year was awesome. Jimenez game winning single, Valentin walk off homerun, Rowand's homer to take the lead, Olivo's grand slam in the first (at Wrigley while batting ninth-best moment of his young career thus far.)

He batted eighth. As usual, the NL pitcher got out of an inning by getting the pitcher to make the last out. I hate watching the pitcher bat.

MRKARNO
02-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
He batted eighth. As usual, the NL pitcher got out of an inning by getting the pitcher to make the last out. I hate watching the pitcher bat.

But didnt Buehrle get an RBI single in that inning or was that in a different part of the game? (or a different game?)

santo=dorf
02-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
But didnt Buehrle get an RBI single in that inning or was that in a different part of the game? (or a different game?)

That was the Saturday day game where the Sox almost blew a 7-0 lead.

ode to veeck
02-16-2004, 12:47 AM
There isn't anything like the Cubs-Sox series. Especially when we whoop 'em

Especially in years when we don't make the playoffs, it gives at least a littel satisfaction

SSN721
02-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Well I love the cubs-sox, usually go to at least one of those a year at comiskey. Was at the Jimenez game last year, was fantastic. But was also at the weeknight Twins game, the jose paniagua, game, and I have to say that crowd was positively electric, if it is a close race I think the Twins games will constantly supply the most enjoyable games to watch and go to.

Nick@Nite
02-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Late next month, I'll be back in the Kansas City area... which means I'll at Kaufman Stadium for all Sox vs Royals games this year...

Can't wait! :gulp:

To be honest, I'm playing "catch up" when it comes to going to MLB games. Until last year, I could count on one hand the number of games I had ever attended. This year I purchased a season ticket for all Royals games. I did this because I'm so starved to watch live MLB. Not to mention getting a great seat 3 rows behind the visitors dugout.

I wonder if I contributed to the "bring Juan-Gone to KC fund"... oh ***.

Sad
02-16-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm taking a break from the SOX-Cubs series this year

I am most looking forward to beating up on our arch-eminec the Twinkies boodie :D:

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Any series the Sox can win.

saltwater farmer
02-16-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm excited for the battle of the Sox at Fenway in August. I probably won't make it to Chicago this year, but I'll happily make the 2 hour trip to beantown for a weekend series.

As far as watching series on TV, the next one is the one I'm most excited about, so I vote for the opening set at KC. Who was it that said, "You can't win the division in April, but you sure can lose it" ?

A. Cavatica
02-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Royals in the opener. We need to sweep them and do it convincingly.

It will also be our first look at the 2004 Sox. Therefore, we won't have fallen out of contention yet.

joeywpb
02-16-2004, 02:31 PM
I finally get to see the Sox play in South Florida. I have been here since 95 and the only real chance I get to see them is when they come to Tampa 3 days out of the season(and I am usally in Chicago-weird?). The D-rays don't even count. I will be wearing my sox jersey when I go (to all 3 games). I did were me sox hat at one of the 3 games vs the shulbs in the playoffs last year. The opening series vs the royals should be fun, and we get to go to NYC the 1st weekend of the season.

:payrod
"I will have won more games by the time you get to town than I have the past 3 seasons (total of 2)"