PDA

View Full Version : Future possibility of Jeter Trade?

doctor30th
02-15-2004, 08:49 PM
I am not too sure, and his contract is not the greatest (10 year, 189 million signed in 2001). But I wonder if Georgy boy might ship Jeter off if he gets ticked at him like he did last season.

I mean he's got a far superior short stop playing 3rd for him. I'm not saying this year, but like 2 years down the road I can see it happening. I also see Soriano coming back to the yankees in 2 years after he finally becomes eligable for Free Agency.

MRKARNO
02-15-2004, 09:38 PM
No one would ever take on that contract. There would have to be a serious fallout and Steinbrenner would have to be willing to eat a lot of the salary for that to happen.

mdep524
02-15-2004, 10:15 PM
A Jeter trade? Very unlikely I 'd say. He wouldn't be worth his bloated contract for any team that is not the Yankees anyway.

I could see Soriano finding his way back to the Yankees as a FA though, especially with their hole to be at CF. (Lofton and Bernie Williams are going to break down very soon.) If Steinbrenner somehow doesn't buy Carlos Beltran, I could see him buying Soriano back, assuming Soriano puts up good numbers with Texas.

Soxfest
02-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Jeter is way overpaid I have never seen a player with AVG numbers so propped up by the media, no one will take contract

soxwon
02-15-2004, 11:18 PM
I figure the cubs will get jeter, probably for sosa.

TheRockinMT
02-16-2004, 01:12 AM
The Yankees are going about this A-Rod thing the right way. Jeter is their shortstop and will be when A-Rod joins the club. A-Rod has already agreed to play thirdbase. They won't need to trade anyone especially Jeter. George Steinbrenner will focus on making this Yankee team the most superior since murderer's row fame.

LuvSox
02-16-2004, 06:50 AM
The Yankees will never trade Jeter. He's a lifer.