PDA

View Full Version : Man do we have a fun first week or what?

ChiSox7
02-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Two at Kansas City and then four AT NY to start their home season with that crazy good lineup. I think we should be incredibly happy with two wins in that first week, because that is a tough way to start. Should be interesting.

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Two at Kansas City and then four AT NY to start their home season with that crazy good lineup. I think we should be incredibly happy with two wins in that first week, because that is a tough way to start. Should be interesting. Hopefully the chemistry issue will be a problem for the Yanks in the start of the season, but it kind of sucks to be hoping for that, lol. KC though, I don't see why we can't win the series against them. Split the first two, and win at home. That's certainly doable.

MRKARNO
02-15-2004, 01:07 PM
We have 7 early game with the yanks. If we took 3 of those 4 at Yankee and 2 of three at the cell, Steinbrenner would start going crazy. Let's hope we dont have the problems that the twins had with the yankees last year in April (losing all 7 games). I'd be content with 3 of 7, happy with 4 and ecstatic with 5

minastirith67
02-15-2004, 01:19 PM
We should give King George a headache he'll never forget. I say we kick the Yankee's asses!

SEALgep
02-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
We have 7 early game with the yanks. If we took 3 of those 4 at Yankee and 2 of three at the cell, Steinbrenner would start going crazy. Let's hope we dont have the problems that the twins had with the yankees last year in April (losing all 7 games). I'd be content with 3 of 7, happy with 4 and ecstatic with 5 Agreed.

CubKilla
02-15-2004, 01:39 PM
After week one the White Sox will be 1-5.

Deadguy
02-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
We have 7 early game with the yanks. If we took 3 of those 4 at Yankee and 2 of three at the cell, Steinbrenner would start going crazy. Let's hope we dont have the problems that the twins had with the yankees last year in April (losing all 7 games). I'd be content with 3 of 7, happy with 4 and ecstatic with 5

That's a definate concern. When teams get off to a bad start, the media and the fans seem to jump off the deep end rather quickly, which could help to destroy the confidence of the team overall.

fquaye149
02-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

yeah that's what i like about baseball...teams can't come out and beat teams that might seem better than them...

if a team like the sox plays the yankees four times, they will definitely lose four times.

yes sir....and a team like the tigers could never beat a team like the white sox...

that's the best part of baseball...you know for a fact the team with more talent will win every game.

ChiSox7
02-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

I know one thing. I'd take 2-4 to the bank right now and be absolutely excited about 3-3.

ewokpelts
02-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
yeah that's what i like about baseball...teams can't come out and beat teams that might seem better than them...

if a team like the sox plays the yankees four times, they will definitely lose four times.

yes sir....and a team like the tigers could never beat a team like the white sox...

that's the best part of baseball...you know for a fact the team with more talent will win every game.

word , yo

SoxFan76
02-15-2004, 03:46 PM

Thank you. I can tell you right now, the Yankees will not go 162-0 in the regular season. There is no reason to believe the Sox can't win a few against the Yankees.

chisoxmike
02-15-2004, 04:25 PM
3-3 by the time they get to sweet home Chicago!

Kuzman
02-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Thank you. I can tell you right now, the Yankees will not go 162-0 in the regular season. There is no reason to believe the Sox can't win a few against the Yankees.

didnt the tigers take the season series against the sox last year?

munchman33
02-15-2004, 04:41 PM
6-0 sounds about right!

chisoxmike
02-15-2004, 04:53 PM
didnt the tigers take the season series against the sox last year?

No, the Sox went 11- 8 against them, truely horrible. :angry:

MarqSox
02-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Put me down for 3-3. We'll split both series.

anewman35
02-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Something kind of interesting about the early Yankees schedule - They play the 2 against Tampa in Japan the last two days of March, then have 5 off days, then 2 against Tampa and 4 against us. The way the schedule is set up, it seems like they could choose to start their top two starters (and who even knows who they'll consider their top 2, Mussina and Vasquez? Mussina and Brown?) for their first 4 games. That would mean (unless they used somebody on short rest) we'd see their 3, 4, 5, and 1 guys, against our 3, 4, 1, 2 guys. You'd have to at least give us the edge in the game with Loaiza or Buehrle going against whoever their #5 is, right? The Yankees don't have many weak points, but the end of their rotation (which, if they include Contraras in the A-Rod trade like I've seen speculated, is currently Leiber and ?) is one of them.

rcescato
02-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Maybe with a little luck we can run through the first week
or 10 games like in 2000. Win afew of these games and build
confidence off of that and get the ball rolling. I just thought I would throw a positive thought out there.
Rich

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by anewman35
Something kind of interesting about the early Yankees schedule - They play the 2 against Tampa in Japan the last two days of March, then have 5 off days, then 2 against Tampa and 4 against us. The way the schedule is set up, it seems like they could choose to start their top two starters (and who even knows who they'll consider their top 2, Mussina and Vasquez? Mussina and Brown?) for their first 4 games. That would mean (unless they used somebody on short rest) we'd see their 3, 4, 5, and 1 guys, against our 3, 4, 1, 2 guys. You'd have to at least give us the edge in the game with Loaiza or Buehrle going against whoever their #5 is, right? The Yankees don't have many weak points, but the end of their rotation (which, if they include Contraras in the A-Rod trade like I've seen speculated, is currently Leiber and ?) is one of them.

Those five off days are meant to rest up after thier international travels. They really only have a day or two "off". The rest are for jetlag. But we may have an edge nonetheless.
Gene

ChiSoxJay
02-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
3-3 by the time they get to sweet home Chicago!

I agree!! I'll be very happy with 3-3 coming home to the cell where we sweep the Royals!

CubKilla
02-16-2004, 12:10 PM

Don't take a prediction so seriously.

KingXerxes
02-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Mark my words:

We'll win the opener (1-0)
Lose the second game (1-1)
Win the Yankee opener (2-1)
Win the 2nd Game (3-1)
Lose game #3 (3-2)
Win the last (4-2)

You heard it here first.

SEALgep
02-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
Mark my words:

We'll win the opener (1-0)
Lose the second game (1-1)
Win the Yankee opener (2-1)
Win the 2nd Game (3-1)
Lose game #3 (3-2)
Win the last (4-2)

You heard it here first. If it's a lock, you could make some serious cash on that King. :smile:

KingXerxes
02-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
If it's a lock, you could make some serious cash on that King. :smile:

SEALgep - I know you haven't been around these boards for more than a month or so, but take a look - if you can - at some of the threads when the Cubs were up 3 games to 1 on the Marlins. While I'm not a Cubs basher, I was posting over and over about how the odds on games 5,6,& 7 were skewed to try and garner some money against the Cubs in Vegas, and that the Marlins were the bet. I did clean up.

soxwon
02-16-2004, 09:16 PM
we are gonna win 4 of the first 7, we will start strong, we might even take 3 from the yankmees