PDA

View Full Version : Will Reed Make The Cut?

Happy Felsch Fan
02-15-2004, 10:39 AM
I am interested to know from the experts here, who thinks Reed will make the cut? I know minor league batting stats can be decieving but with KO to BB ratio is outstanding which really interests me. Also he is a LH bat which we really could use. If he has a hot ST do you think he will be on the team going north?

delben91
02-15-2004, 10:48 AM
I'd only want him making the roster if he's actually going to play. There's no sense in him riding the bench for the weeks at a time only to be a late-inning replacement for Lee or something. Otherwise, leave him in the minors playing every day.

guillen4life13
02-15-2004, 10:54 AM
If KW can find a taker for Paul Konerko--then Hurt can play first every day, Lee can DH, and Reed/Rowand get CF and LF (depending on who's the better CFer).

Or--Reed beats out Rowand for CF, and Rowand becomes the 4th outfielder. I dunno. We'll see.

poorme
02-15-2004, 11:13 AM
When they lost Everett, I predicted Reed would be the CF. But since then, all KW has talked about was how good Rowand will be in CF. So I see very little chance he makes the team...only if someone gets hurt.

beckett21
02-15-2004, 11:40 AM
I will come out and tell you right off the bat that I am not an expert but I will offer my opinion.

I would love to see Reed make the team as a starter. However it seems that management is intent on giving Rowand his shot this year. So the job is Rowand's to lose, and while he still may lose it they are going to give him every shot to have it if KW is to be believed.

So I agree with the thought to just keep him in the minors to get regular AB's. Reed will probably replace Maggs next season.

Borchard is the one we need to figure out this season, along with Rowand.

delben91
02-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by beckett21

Borchard is the one we need to figure out this season, along with Rowand.

Man, wouldn't it be sweet if Borchard found "it" this season and the Sox could plug both him and Reed into the lineup next year (2005, and perhpas Honel too)? Might actually generate some real excitement around the team.

beckett21
02-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Man, wouldn't it be sweet if Borchard found "it" this season and the Sox could plug both him and Reed into the lineup next year (2005, and perhpas Honel too)? Might actually generate some real excitement around the team.

That would be incredible! :)

MRKARNO
02-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by delben91

If all our prospects actually did find "it" and we could plug them into our major league roster and compliment them with FA stars, then we'd have an 100 win team, but it never works that way so it probably wont happen

delben91
02-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If all our prospects actually did find "it" and we could plug them into our major league roster and compliment them with FA stars, then we'd have an 100 win team, but it never works that way so it probably wont happen

Yeah, I realize this, I just figured it might be more porbable with Reed and to a lesser extent, Borchard. Unless he regresses *knock wood* I have a hard time not seeing Reed on the Sox in '05. Borchard, well, that's another matter.