PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bevington Update

crector
02-13-2004, 03:47 PM
From the Central Baseball League Fan Forum at:

http://forums.coltsboosterclub.com/index.php?act=ST&f=50&t=699&

February 9, 2004 - When the Shreveport Sports open the 2004 season at Fair Grounds Field on May 6th against San Angelo, a familiar face, Terry Bevington, will be in the Shreveport dugout. He will return for his second year as manager of the Sports.

In their first year as a member of the Central Baseball League, the Sports posted an overall record of 51-44 and Bevington is already looking forward to the 2004 season. “After being in the league for one season, I have a better feel for independent league baseball. We will have several of the same players from last year’s team returning and I think that will give our fans an opportunity to get to know these guys,” said Bevington. “We have added new players by way of some off season trades and will probably pick up a couple of new pitchers. I believe this will be a team that will challenge for a playoff spot this season,” concluded Bevington.

Bevington, a resident of Collierville, Tennessee was the manager for the Chicago White Sox for three years from 1995-97 and posted a record of 221-214, finishing second two years in the American League Central Division and third place one year. Besides being with the White Sox, Bevington was the third base coach for the Toronto Blue Jays from 1999-2001.

Bevington began his professional career in 1974 when he signed out of high school as a catcher with the New York Yankees. He played seven years in the minor leagues, reaching the Triple-A level in 1980 at Vancouver in the Pacific Coast League before becoming a player-coach that same year for Burlington, Iowa in the Midwest League. The following season, he became a manager in the Milwaukee Brewers organization. Bevington is also familiar with this area as he was the manager at El Paso in the Texas League in 1984 and 1985.

santo=dorf
02-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know where I can find that sound byte of Terry talking about how he was arguing with the ump that the ball was foul but he meant to say fair? I heard played occasionally on Murph and Fred.

delben91
02-13-2004, 03:52 PM
I still remember the time he went to the bullpen with no one warming up...man was that a great moment.

RKMeibalane
02-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Why do the Sox always seem to end with total idiots as their mangers? Bevington, Manuel... the list is endless.

:jerry

"I appreciate that remark. I mean... er... I resent it."

Grobber33
02-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Does anyone know where I can find that sound byte of Terry talking about how he was arguing with the ump that the ball was foul but he meant to say fair? I heard played occasionally on Murph and Fred.

I hope to have that Bev sound bite on my web site www.grobber.com in the sound vault in the next few weeks. I'll post here when it's in there.
Trust me, he was an even bigger moron than most people know!!
Manuel was a breath of fresh air compaired to Bev!!

BTW,,,anyone ever see Bevington and G.W.Bush in the same room together??? Did'nt think so,,they are the same person! :D:

crector
02-13-2004, 07:04 PM
A further update:

http://www.centralleaguebaseball.com/cgi-b...t/news.cgi?id=2

BEVINGTON RETURNS AS SHREVEPORT MANAGER
02/10/2004

Brian Vernellis / The Times

cwsox
02-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33

Manuel was a breath of fresh air compaired to Bev!!

BTW,,,anyone ever see Bevington and G.W.Bush in the same room together??? Did'nt think so,,they are the same person! :D:

JM - very true

as far as mental competency politically, Bush and Bevington are the same person but sports wise, it is bevington and Wannstedt :smile:

Daver
02-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by crector
A further update:

http://www.centralleaguebaseball.com/cgi-b...t/news.cgi?id=2

BEVINGTON RETURNS AS SHREVEPORT MANAGER
02/10/2004

Brian Vernellis / The Times

Please do not post entire articles,the link is all that is needed.It is a violation of copyright law to post the entire article.

carusochop
02-15-2004, 08:26 PM
bevington had no business in baseball, he was awful