PDA

View Full Version : Sox Column TSN

Lip Man 1
02-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Here's a little advance for everyone.

Next week in The Sporting News (I'm assuming it's the print edition) Ken Rosenthal's feature story is going to be on the White Sox and their 'unusual' off season.

I don't know exactly what is going to be covered but I have strong indications it will touch on the organization, the fans and media's resentment of Jerry Reinsdorf, some of the history of incidents that have led the fan base to turn into active participants against the ownership group, and some of the baseball reasons this franchise isn't doing anywhere near as good as they can be.

It may prove worthy of your time.

Lip

chisoxmike
02-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Can't remember if it was The Sporting News or not, but I saw in a sports magazine that they picked the White Sox to win the division in '04. I was shocked.

sas1974
02-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Next week in The Sporting News (I'm assuming it's the print edition) Ken Rosenthal's feature story is going to be on the White Sox and their 'unusual' off season.

I don't know exactly what is going to be covered but I have strong indications it will touch on the organization, the fans and media's resentment of Jerry Reinsdorf, some of the history of incidents that have led the fan base to turn into active participants against the ownership group, and some of the baseball reasons this franchise isn't doing anywhere near as good as they can be.

Lip

Sounds like it will be an interesting read. I must say this off season is far from "Unusual." It's the same crap we've been dealing with year after year.

Deadguy
02-13-2004, 01:12 PM

Lip

I'm sure it will contain many digs at FT. I remember one of his columns from last June in which he singled Thomas out as the reason why the Sox were off to a poor start. Of course there was no mention of the GIDP King, Koch, Mark Buerle's poor start, or that just about every position player on the team was underachieving.

sas1974
02-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
I'm sure it will contain many digs at FT. I remember one of his columns from last June in which he singled Thomas out as the reason why the Sox were off to a poor start. Of course there was no mention of the GIDP King, Koch, Mark Buerle's poor start, or that just about every position player on the team was underachieving.

People just pick on Thomas because they are too lazy to get the root of the real problems and he's an easy target. If there was one person who really shouldn't have shouldered a lot of the blame last year it was Frank. The average was down a bit, but he produced. And I could be wrong, but I don't recall too many disruptions in the clubhouse, if any.

CubKilla
02-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
Can't remember if it was The Sporting News or not, but I saw in a sports magazine that they picked the White Sox to win the division in '04. I was shocked.

Why? The whole division is crap. Instead of JR going out and upping the payroll slightly this offseason to be the run-away favorites to win the AL Central, all he did was stick his thumb up his butt and play down to the competition within the division.

3 and out in the ALDS for the unlucky souls who win the AL Central in 2004.

CubKilla
02-13-2004, 02:09 PM

Lip

Any article flaming this joke of an Organization is worthy of my time :D: :gulp: