PDA

View Full Version : How Many Of You Are Getting the Sox9 Plan?

chisoxmike
02-13-2004, 12:06 PM
I filled out my Sox Starting nine plan, and want to see if anyone else is doing this for the season.

If so, what games are you guys buying tickets for?

MetalliSox
02-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I would but I never got an order sheet. I e-mailed the Sox and they never got back to me.

chisoxmike
02-13-2004, 12:34 PM
They had them at SoxFest, they will be online starting Feb. 16.

ewokpelts
02-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
They had them at SoxFest, they will be online starting Feb. 16.

www.whitesox.com/startingnine

ewokpelts
02-13-2004, 12:39 PM
I filled out my Sox Starting nine plan, and want to see if anyone else is doing this for the season.

It's too bad they changed the rules. I was really gunna stick it to them this year.
I'm buying tix in teh udr for:

Opening Day,
1 yankmee game.
3 flub games(i'm a partial season ticket holder, but i gotta hook up by buds)
all 4 half off nights(too bad one of them's the dollar game).....
bastards
Gene

CubKilla
02-13-2004, 12:43 PM

I'm saving my money this year. Maybe use what I would normally spend on the White Sox on a trip to see some of the West or East Coast baseball stadiums.

jabrch
02-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Not a chance

I'll go to plenty of games - I know a bunch of season ticket holders who don't always go, my company has ticks, my friend's company has ticks, and I can always go and buy tickets at the park from a scalper for less than face for most games.

The only think I will miss out on are the Cubs games - and I imagine I can find a way to get tickets to at least one of those.

I refuse to reward the lack of financial committment I got from the team this year, after we had decent attendance last year down the stretch, by buying any partial ticket plan.

thepaulbowski
02-13-2004, 01:45 PM
I cancelled my season tickets (been waiting over 3 weeks to get my deposit back) and asked for information on this package over 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for that too....I guess that they have more important things to worry about than trying to sell tickets.

Marketing at its best.

FARMEO
02-13-2004, 03:29 PM
I bought the seven game package the with some friends the last few seasons, but I will not be getting the 9 game plan. The combination of added the extra games and higher ticket prices made my decision easy. I will definitely be hitting the half price night this year.

kittle42
02-13-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm getting it. The Cubs games, one Yanks game, a Braves game, the opener and the closer, a Boston game and a Twins game.

bc2k
02-13-2004, 05:34 PM

Hell no, and I'll tell you why. The Sox have taken away EVERY SINGLE advantage of the Sox-7 plan by replacing it with Sox-9. It is important to point out that the Sox don't just make customers buy 2 more games. They make them pay for a MINIMUM of four full-price games to go along with a MAXIMUM 4 half-priced games, with the ninth game being $1.

Despite such few Monday half-price opportunities, the final one conveniently falls on Monday, September 20th. There are only about 6 home games left after September 20th, which means if you want the benefit OF THE ONLY ADVANTAGE OF SOX-9 ($1 ticket), you only have 6 games to pick from. :angry: OR, you can use your $1 ticket on a premier weekend game before Sep 20, but you'll have to pay for a full-priced game in place of the half-priced Sep 20th game. By putting so few half-priced Mondays on the schedule, combined by making the last one at the end of September, the Sox are now financially screwing their fans as opposed to the usual underachievement screwing.

These little loopholes are masterfully done to maximize profits and attendance. Iím sure half-price Tuesdays will feature much higher attendance than in the previous year. Allow me to point out a few others such as the Yankee series, which is in April, one of, if not the lowest drawing month for the Sox. There are a few others, but I can't find my pocket schedule right now.

Bottom line: I paid about $77 last year for the Sox-7 bleacher seats (with 2 games being in the cheaper-costing upper deck vs. the Cubs). This year under the Sox-9, while still taking advantage of ALL half-priced nights, in the same seats (again factoring the cheaper upper deck seats for 2 Cubs games), I'd have to pay $131-139 (depending on whether my other 2 full-priced games were weekday or weekend) in the Sox-9 plan.

Conclusion: Last year's Sox-7 cost me an average of $11 per game. 2004's Sox-9 will cost me an average of $14.55-15.45 per game (again, depending on weekday or weekend). Now that I've done the Koskie-free math, Sox-9 doesn't seem as ridiculous as first thought, but I'd still have to pay for 2 more games up front, and have to attend one the final 6 games after September 20.

The Sox know they will get less Sox-9 packages than the previous year's Sox-7. But with the way they manufactured the schedule, will still increase profits from the percentage who do purchase the Sox-9, while increasing attendance on games that usually draw the lowest.

The genius of the Sox-9 is that it doesn't just make extra profits from the Sox-7, it also makes profits from those who rebel against the Sox-9 and attend other games instead. What you're going to see next year is increased Tuesday attendance from those who rebelled from the Sox-9 but still want to see Sox games at half price. With only 4 half-priced Mondays, the demand will be higher and all four will probably sell out. The Sox could have four April sellouts with opening day and the Yankees series! And the Sox are raking in an extra $9 PER SEAT in the guaranteed sellout games vs. the Cubs! 45k x 9 x 3(games) = $1,215,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also add the extra $4 per seat for all Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games, and bvvp, $$$$$$$$.

If the Sox are in the division race in September, they will have great crowds because of the Sox-9 buyers who took their $1 game after the last Sep. 20th half-price game. I'm predicting 2004 attendance of at least 2.3 million at Comiskey. Factor in the raised ticket prices, and we should have enough to add whatever the Sox need come mid-season, and enough to resign Maggs.

steff
02-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Existing ST holders who had the 27 game package didn't have to buy the new structured packages.. did that not work the same for previous 7 purchasers?

cheeses_h_rice
02-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I bought the 7 plan last year. This year I plan on buying tickets to 1 or 2 of the Cubs games (if I can get 'em), and one Braves game, and that's it.

If the Sox tank it this year, which is a real possibility, I'd just show up day of game and get cheap scalped tix on 35th. If the Sox are good, that's OK, because no one goes to the games anyway, and I'll be able to buy them day of game or just before.

Such are the advantages of having such a small fanbase, I guess....

dllrbll7
02-13-2004, 07:05 PM
I was very dissapointed it was 9 games however its the only way to get the cubs/sox games so me and abunch of friends will probably get 7 or so tickets for each game.

By the way that link up their for the sox website isnt working yet.

anewman35
02-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
The Sox know they will get less Sox-9 packages than the previous year's Sox-7. But with the way they manufactured the schedule, will still increase profits from the percentage who do purchase the Sox-9, while increasing attendance on games that usually draw the lowest.

Err. You do realize that major league baseball makes up the schedule, not the Sox, right?

Over By There
02-13-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm planning to go down from the 27 game split ST last year to the 9 game package this year...

duke of dorwood
02-14-2004, 09:33 AM
We always got at least the 7. This year I'm cutting payroll too, at least until THEY show me they are worth the investment.

Wsoxmike59
02-14-2004, 11:35 AM
I think I am going to get the 9 game plan too. It's still a good deal, you can get the 4 1/2 price Mondays and the Cubs series...which will be the hottest ticket in town.

Here are the 9 games I selected and the price to sit in the Upper Boxes for 2 seats.

6/12 Atlanta $40
6/21 Cleveland $16
6/26 Cubs $50
6/27 Cubs $50
7/26 Minn $16
8/9 Cleve $16
8/20 Boston $40
9/20 Minn $16
9/26 K.C. $ 2

Total $246

Plus I have a vendor who takes me to three games a year, two at The Cell, and one at Wrigley. So I will see my fair shair of baseball.

ewokpelts
02-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Hell no, and I'll tell you why. The Sox have taken away EVERY SINGLE advantage of the Sox-7 plan by replacing it with Sox-9. It is important to point out that the Sox don't just make customers buy 2 more games. They make them pay for a MINIMUM of four full-price games to go along with a MAXIMUM 4 half-priced games, with the ninth game being $1.

Despite such few Monday half-price opportunities, the final one conveniently falls on Monday, September 20th. There are only about 6 home games left after September 20th, which means if you want the benefit OF THE ONLY ADVANTAGE OF SOX-9 ($1 ticket), you only have 6 games to pick from. :angry: OR, you can use your $1 ticket on a premier weekend game before Sep 20, but you'll have to pay for a full-priced game in place of the half-priced Sep 20th game. By putting so few half-priced Mondays on the schedule, combined by making the last one at the end of September, the Sox are now financially screwing their fans as opposed to the usual underachievement screwing.

These little loopholes are masterfully done to maximize profits and attendance. Iím sure half-price Tuesdays will feature much higher attendance than in the previous year. Allow me to point out a few others such as the Yankee series, which is in April, one of, if not the lowest drawing month for the Sox. There are a few others, but I can't find my pocket schedule right now.

Bottom line: I paid about $77 last year for the Sox-7 bleacher seats (with 2 games being in the cheaper-costing upper deck vs. the Cubs). This year under the Sox-9, while still taking advantage of ALL half-priced nights, in the same seats (again factoring the cheaper upper deck seats for 2 Cubs games), I'd have to pay $131-139 (depending on whether my other 2 full-priced games were weekday or weekend) in the Sox-9 plan.

Conclusion: Last year's Sox-7 cost me an average of $11 per game. 2004's Sox-9 will cost me an average of $14.55-15.45 per game (again, depending on weekday or weekend). Now that I've done the Koskie-free math, Sox-9 doesn't seem as ridiculous as first thought, but I'd still have to pay for 2 more games up front, and have to attend one the final 6 games after September 20.

The genius of the Sox-9 is that it doesn't just make extra profits from the Sox-7, it also makes profits from those who rebel against the Sox-9 and attend other games instead. What you're going to see next year is increased Tuesday attendance from those who rebelled from the Sox-9 but still want to see Sox games at half price. With only 4 half-priced Mondays, the demand will be higher and all four will probably sell out. The Sox could have four April sellouts with opening day and the Yankees series! And the Sox are raking in an extra $9 PER SEAT in the guaranteed sellout games vs. the Cubs! 45k x 9 x 3(games) = $1,215,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also add the extra $4 per seat for all Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games, and bvvp, $$$$$$$$.

If the Sox are in the division race in September, they will have great crowds because of the Sox-9 buyers who took their $1 game after the last Sep. 20th half-price game. I'm predicting 2004 attendance of at least 2.3 million at Comiskey. Factor in the raised ticket prices, and we should have enough to add whatever the Sox need come mid-season, and enough to resign Maggs.

The Sox 9 plan states that you MUST choose your cheepest game as the dollar game. If you buy even one monday game, it's for a buck.

ewokpelts
02-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by steff
Existing ST holders who had the 27 game package didn't have to buy the new structured packages.. did that not work the same for previous 7 purchasers?

Steff,

I was a 27 game plan last year, and all my prices went up according to info on the site. I'm not sure, but i think season ticketholders 2002-up dont get grandfathered rates.
Gene

ewokpelts
02-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I was very dissapointed it was 9 games however its the only way to get the cubs/sox games so me and abunch of friends will probably get 7 or so tickets for each game.

By the way that link up their for the sox website isnt working yet.

According to teh Stating Nine form i have. It goes live Monday, Feb 16.
Gene

ewokpelts
02-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Err. You do realize that major league baseball makes up the schedule, not the Sox, right?
The Sox have a hand in it.

bc2k
02-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
The Sox 9 plan states that you MUST choose your cheepest game as the dollar game. If you buy even one monday game, it's for a buck.

That must be a new stipulation. In last year's Sox-7, I ordered half-priced Mondays and got my $1 game a full-priced Saturday night fireworks game.

StillMissOzzie
02-15-2004, 03:44 AM
That must be a new stipulation. In last year's Sox-7, I ordered half-priced Mondays and got my $1 game a full-priced Saturday night fireworks game.

Yep, I distinctly remember that your game #7 did NOT have to be you cheapest game the last few years. Anything these SOB's can do to twist the knife. Since I was buying four of the Sox-7 tickets, they may have priced me out of the market. Maybe if I get a big FIT refund, but they already sent me $800 of THAT last summer, too!

SMO

steff
02-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Steff,

I was a 27 game plan last year, and all my prices went up according to info on the site. I'm not sure, but i think season ticketholders 2002-up dont get grandfathered rates.
Gene

I wasn't really talking about the cost. Just the game structure. I thought that if past 7 game purchasers wanted only 7 again, would they allow that. Nothing about the rates.

ewokpelts
02-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by steff
I wasn't really talking about the cost. Just the game structure. I thought that if past 7 game purchasers wanted only 7 again, would they allow that. Nothing about the rates.

So...you're season ticket plan didnt get loopy with variable pricing? I'm confuzzled.
Gene

steff
02-16-2004, 01:12 PM
So...you're season ticket plan didnt get loopy with variable pricing? I'm confuzzled.
Gene

Yea, it did.

I was just talking about the previous 7 buyers and getting only 7 again. Not talking prices at all.

Sad
02-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Sox-7 is history...

I changed my mind went ahead and bought UDR for the SOX-9...
(hope it goes thru as the website now says available later today)

probably more games than I can make, but we'll see...

and there's always those <ahem> work-related offsite-meetings