PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com predicts A-Rod to dwell in the AL West cellar

Baby Fisk
02-13-2004, 11:46 AM
...where he belongs.

Link-Rod (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040213&content_id=634688&vkey=spt2004news&fext=.jsp)

lowesox
02-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Wow! Isn't it fantastic to watch poor little Alex lose over and over and over... I remember when he was a free agent he had
20-Million-dollar-a-year offers from VERY good teams (our White Sox in particular were pretty good back then) and he turned them all down just so he could get a little more money.

This is one reason I'm very happy the Boston trade never went through.

munchman33
02-13-2004, 12:31 PM
As much as I like to make fun of A-rod for that deal, the money is significantly more than people think. Not only is he getting 4-5 million more a year in salary, but if I remember right Texas also doesn't have an income tax, so he's making a lot more money.

chisoxmike
02-13-2004, 12:33 PM
lowesoxThis is one reason I'm very happy the Boston trade never went through.

And Maggs would be in Boston and we would have Nomar, another player that would be playing here that doesn't want to be. (If we didn't trade him to LA)

Deadguy
02-13-2004, 12:34 PM
After reading the King of Torts, I now realize why some people aren't just satisfied with having 100 million dollars. There's always a desire to grab onto some more money, and 252 million dollars is something that few people on this planet would ever turn down.

lowesox
02-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
After reading the King of Torts, I now realize why some people aren't just satisfied with having 100 million dollars. There's always a desire to grab onto some more money, and 252 million dollars is something that few people on this planet would ever turn down.

Hey, I don't blame him for wanting lots of money - but he had several 200 million dollar offers on the table - from contenders. Taking the extra 50 to play for a team that was so obviously going to lose proves he is a) not competitive enough b) greedy c) stupid.

CubKilla
02-13-2004, 03:24 PM
:payrod

"The great thing about being a bottomfeeder is I have no where to go but up AND, with $252 million, I live in the best cellar in the world."

soxfan26
02-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy

Now I'm going to have to go out and read that one.

I hope Pay-Rod plays on a loosing team for the rest of his days.

gosox41
02-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
As much as I like to make fun of A-rod for that deal, the money is significantly more than people think. Not only is he getting 4-5 million more a year in salary, but if I remember right Texas also doesn't have an income tax, so he's making a lot more money.

Good for him. And supposedly he is miserable. So much for wanting to play for a winner.

At least I-Rod never made a comment about winning being important to him when he signed his Tigers contract. We all know where he stands.

I hope A-Rod is forced to stay in Texas. He signed the long term contract and should have to live with it. Just like when an owner signs a player to a long term contract and that player gets fat and injured and the owner is still stuck paying.

Bob