PDA

View Full Version : what are you most worried about for upcoming season?

habibharu
02-12-2004, 09:33 AM
biggest worry?

Baby Fisk
02-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Stagnation.

boog_alou
02-12-2004, 10:36 AM
#4 starter

ChiSox65
02-12-2004, 10:40 AM
#3 #4 #5 Starters

CubKilla
02-12-2004, 11:32 AM
JR and EE living healthy lives well into '05.

JRIG
02-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure how #5 starter could be a bigger worry than 2B/CF. Whoever the fifth starter is this year will get no more than about 25 starts on the season, probably. In the meantime, our offensive chasm in 2B and CF will combine for almost 1,400 at bats of terrible offensive production. That's a far bigger worry for me.

steff
02-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Just 2B for me..

Our rotation, please God, will be fine and do well enough to keep us in the race. Then, please God, we will aquire another arm to get us down the stretch.

PaulDrake
02-12-2004, 01:10 PM
What I'm worried most about the upcoming season is the upcoming season.

lowesox
02-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Can you vote all of the above?

I think 2B and CF should be separate boxes, because I'm far more concerned about Harris than Rowand.

But while we're listing concerns, here are a few more of my concerns:

* Maggs and Frank both gone by the end of the year
* Loaiza posting another 20 W season and then leaving via FA for a team who'll ante up
* Any injury at all - since this team has zero depth
* Marte/Wunsch will be the only reliable pitchers in the pen
* No back-up plan in place for Willie Harris
* Konerko/Koch not returning to form, further reducing their trade value
* Jose Valentin signing to a long contract extention
* Calling up Reed/Cotts/Honel/Wing too soon
* KW making any trade at all

jeremyb1
02-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by boog_alou
#4 starter

Yeah. That's my vote too.

idseer
02-12-2004, 02:11 PM
i suppose it's early in the vote, but i find it interesting that only one person has chosen ozzie/frank.
cause it seems to me that such a HUGE deal has been made by so MANY here about how this confrontation will ruin the team.
i have felt all along it was much ado about nothing.

Dick Allen
02-12-2004, 03:11 PM
That this season will have me asleep by the end of April.

munchman33
02-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Definately CF. Rowand's a stiff.

cubhater
02-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Can you vote all of the above?

I think 2B and CF should be separate boxes, because I'm far more concerned about Harris than Rowand.

But while we're listing concerns, here are a few more of my concerns:

* Maggs and Frank both gone by the end of the year
* Loaiza posting another 20 W season and then leaving via FA for a team who'll ante up
* Any injury at all - since this team has zero depth
* Marte/Wunsch will be the only reliable pitchers in the pen
* No back-up plan in place for Willie Harris
* Konerko/Koch not returning to form, further reducing their trade value
* Jose Valentin signing to a long contract extention
* Calling up Reed/Cotts/Honel/Wing too soon
* KW making any trade at all

Great points, especially zero depth.

MRKARNO
02-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
Definately CF. Rowand's a stiff.

I am among those who thinks that Rowand will have a break-out year this year and will be a high-quality CF's. Just look at his numbers last year after he had finally recovered from the dirt bike accident; they are incredible despite the fact that they were only in limited time. His Hitting .370 after the break really gives me a reason not to worry so much about Rowand.

Harris is somewhat of a worry. I know he can hit to some degree because he hit .400 in winter ball in 2002-2003. Maybe that was the problem: he didnt rest enough. I think that we will see some flashes of brilliance from him and I dont think him hitting .270 is out of the question but he could always break out and hit .300, but I seriously doubt that as he has shown that he cannot yet hit big league pitching well, but he certainly will keep the defense on their toes whenever he is on base or at bat. Let's hope that is a lot of times

We seem to have a lot of good candidates for the 5th starter spot so we'll just has to see who can win it. ONE of them has gotta be able to be better than what we had last year.