PDA

View Full Version : What's Plan B at 2B?

poorme
02-12-2004, 09:13 AM
I mean if it is June and Harris is hitting .210? Uribe?

Jjav829
02-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by poorme

Grab a glove and bat and get ready. It may just be you.

:gallas
"That's a great idea! Bring your glove to the park and get a chance to be the Sox new starting second baseman."

Joey Cora is only 38... :D:

JDP
02-12-2004, 09:30 AM
The Option B plan in the "Idiot's Guide to Being GM" that KW purchased off of Ebay earlier this week states:

"In case of emergency situation at a position you are trying to convince people that you are excited about, do not hesitate to use any resource or means at your disposal. You can always then tell the public how "excited" you are about this personnel as well."

I'd look for former 30-year old Little League sensation Danny Almonte to show back up on the radar screen and perhaps scrap with Steve Sax coming out of retirement in a bid for the Sox 2B spot.

Fungo
02-12-2004, 09:40 AM
The cupboard is bare, Plan B was not addressed. KW is relying on Harris to fill the hole. If he and Uribe falter, there really is no other option. Non-roster invitee Kelly Dransfeldt could go to SS with Jose moving to second if he shines in Spring Training, but don't count on that.

SEALgep
02-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Relax, Uribe would be a temporary solution, and if it so happened that we need to get a 2B, KW said we will make a move.

A. Cavatica
02-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Can Odalis Perez play second?

sas1974
02-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by poorme

Plan B is in Colorado and Cinci. I agree that K-Dub will try to make a move if he has to do so. What that will be I have no idea.

OneDog
02-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Can Odalis Perez play second?

Leftys can't play the infield. :D:

Fungo
02-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Relax, Uribe would be a temporary solution, and if it so happened that we need to get a 2B, KW said we will make a move.

How long is he going to wait? Slow starts in April have cost us the division the last few years. Maybe "cost us" is too strong a statement, but the slow starts have put added pressure on a team that doesn't handle pressure well at all.

lowesox
02-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Fungo
Maybe "cost us" is too strong a statement, but the slow starts have put added pressure on a team that doesn't handle pressure well at all.

Maybe this is a genius move on Kenny's part to reduce that pressure. Think about it, if the fans have zero expectations (and I know I'm personally not expecting anything from this team) why would the players have pressure on them.

ChiSox65
02-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Maybe this is a genius move on Kenny's part to reduce that pressure. Think about it, if the fans have zero expectations (and I know I'm personally not expecting anything from this team) why would the players have pressure on them.

Now your just giving him way too much credit.

lowesox
02-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Actually, i still haven't figured out how to turn my text teal.

Fungo
02-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

To be quite honest, I have thought this for a few years now. Not the part of KW being a genius, but think back to the 2000 season. It was the "Kids can play" and nobody expected anything, it was a rebuilding year. When players can play with no pressure, there is no thinking involved, you just play the game like you know how. When they got in the playoffs with the best record in baseball, the pressure was on and they puckered up.

beckett21
02-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Vidro is in a contract year; hopefully KW is quickest on the draw if we are going for another half-season rental. However that's a guy I wouldn't mind having around awhile...

sas1974
02-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
Vidro is in a contract year; hopefully KW is quickest on the draw if we are going for another half-season rental. However that's a guy I wouldn't mind having around awhile...

I think they've had their eye on him for a couple of years now. I just hope that if Willie does fail that K-dub can swallow his pride and go get Vidro.

CWSGuy406
02-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by beckett21

He'd look nice in black and white pinstripes. Or the grey road jersey. Or any White Sox jersey. :D: I'd really like to see the WhiteSox obtain Jose Vidro. And perhaps, dare I say it, sign him for multiple year?!

TheRockinMT
02-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Let's just hope that come June/July if Willie isn't the answer at 2B and we are relying on a D Jimenez clone attitude wise who can't hit, but does have a glove, that Aaron Miles isn't being named to the NL All-Star team.

nodiggity59
02-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
Let's just hope that come June/July if Willie isn't the answer at 2B and we are relying on a D Jimenez clone attitude wise who can't hit, but does have a glove, that Aaron Miles isn't being named to the NL All-Star team.

I wouldn't worry about that. Plus, he never would have had success here b/c of Manual. Say what you will about that mis handling, but the bottom line is that by the time he was traded Jimenez was a lost cause for the White Sox b/c of personality conflicts.

Let's hope the same will not be said about Maggs later this year.

sas1974
02-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
I wouldn't worry about that. Plus, he never would have had success here b/c of Manual. Say what you will about that mis handling, but the bottom line is that by the time he was traded Jimenez was a lost cause for the White Sox b/c of personality conflicts.

Let's hope the same will not be said about Maggs later this year.

I would have to say that if there are going to personality conflicts this year, they not going to be between Maggs and his fellow countryman.

Lip Man 1
02-12-2004, 05:43 PM
What's Plan B at 2b?

Interesting question....maybe clone Nellie Fox?

Lip