PDA

View Full Version : Frank for Odalis?

soxwon
02-11-2004, 09:34 PM
i heard on the radio today the Tribune reporting Frank will go to LA for odalis Perez, could you live with that?
just one for one, would you desert the Sox if that happened?

SoxxoS
02-11-2004, 09:35 PM
What station, what time, what Tribune, what personal source?

batmanZoSo
02-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
i heard on the radio today the Tribune reporting Frank will go to LA for odalis Perez, could you live with that?

Wow what a great trade.

A future hall of famer, one of the top five hitting first baseman ever to play the game, one of the top 20 hitters who ever lived... for a guy who won 15 games 3 years ago.

poorme
02-11-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty sure I'd become a Brewers fan if that were to happen. They're going to get a new owner you know.

JRIG
02-11-2004, 09:52 PM
This is the one scenario I've ever envisioned that I would think about just giving up. I don't know if I actually would or not, but a horrible trade like this, with a horrible GM, losing the team's best player in its history...I'm just not sure.

A. Cavatica
02-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Frank for Odalis, even up? Yes, I'd swear off the Sox until either (1) Odalis wins 20 games, or (2) Reinsdorf sells.

batmanZoSo
02-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Frank for Odalis, even up? Yes, I'd swear off the Sox until either (1) Odalis wins 20 games, or (2) Reinsdorf sells.

I agree in full. However I might be too bitter against Reiny if Perez won 20. I'd probably have to wait out JR's reign of terror before I came back.

DrCrawdad
02-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica

You're right!

Frank Thomas is a future HOF'er. Frank hit 40+ HRs last year. In the world of MLB, Frank is playing cheap.

Trading Frank for Odalis nowwhere near a good deal. Frank for Odalis PLUS one MLB level player PLUS a top prospect MIGHT be a good deal.

The Sox should trade Frank only IF they get an overwhelming offer.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Pitching
Year Team G GS W L SV IP H R ER BB K CG SHO ERA WHIP
1998 ATL 10 0 0 1 0 10.0 10 5 5 4 5 0 0 4.50 1.40
1999 ATL 18 17 4 6 0 93.0 100 65 62 53 82 0 0 6.00 1.65
2001 ATL 24 16 7 8 0 95.1 108 55 52 39 71 0 0 4.92 1.55
2002 LA 32 32 15 10 0 222.1 182 76 74 38 155 4 2 3.00 0.99
2003 LA 30 30 12 12 0 185.1 191 98 93 46 141 0 0 4.52 1.28

Other than in 2002, I think those #s are awful for pitching in the pitcher's paradise known as Dodger Stadium. How exactly do the Sox plan on scoring runs if they trade Thomas? Last year when Thomas would be in a slump, the whole team was in a slump.

A. Cavatica
02-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Do you have Odalis' numbers as a batter?

soxwon
02-11-2004, 10:29 PM
wbbm -780 915 am writer was not mentioned.

mdep524
02-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I agree in full. However I might be too bitter against Reiny if Perez won 20. I'd probably have to wait out JR's reign of terror before I came back.

I agree this trade would be an unmitigated disaster. I sure hope KW is not dumb enough to do this straight up- though seriously, I really doubt he would. He might not be brilliant, but it would take Terry Bevington brains to pull the trigger on this one.

This is sounding like such a cliche it pains me to even write it again, but I gotta see "Miller slash Jackson" in the offer before any deal looks doable.

TheRockinMT
02-11-2004, 11:03 PM
This rumor has been floating around for awhile now. It has been reported in various forms by a number of so called expert sources. I can't believe there is any truth to it. Truth maybe that the Dodgers want either Thomas or Konerko, but totaly razy if it is either one of those guys for Perez even up. I also think it is more likely Konerko will be traded, but again it better not be even up for a guy with one good solid season of pitching to his credit. But, heh what's the Sox track record on pitching acquisitions? 3 of our guys for one named Ritchie. Sirotka for Wells? Not much to brag about as far as our ability to evaluate talent.

mike squires
02-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I have no idea what the Sox' rationale would be if this deal goes thru. How the hell do you replace Thomas' production? Even if he hits .280 25 hr 100 RBI?????? Our pitching staff is allready better than average. I would be very dissapointed. I would take what little enthusiasm I did have for the upcomming season and have to take up gardening or needlepoint to help pass the time.

Tragg
02-11-2004, 11:21 PM
That would be an outrage

jabrch
02-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Now Frank for Perez and Jackson/Miller - might be different. But Frank for Perez, straight up, would be the worst trade in this franchise's history.

Deadguy
02-11-2004, 11:31 PM

I'd be upset for a few weeks, but be over it by the time the season started, and be glued to my tv set to watch the Sox take on the Royals on April 5th. Our hopes for winning the division would be rather dim, however.

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by mdep524
I agree this trade would be an unmitigated disaster. I sure hope KW is not dumb enough to do this straight up- though seriously, I really doubt he would. He might not be brilliant, but it would take Terry Bevington brains to pull the trigger on this one.

This is sounding like such a cliche it pains me to even write it again, but I gotta see "Miller slash Jackson" in the offer before any deal looks doable. Exactly, without Miller, I don't even know why we would consider trading Thomas at all. But before we get all excited, KW shot down a Weaver for Thomas scenerio right away. Perez may be better, but not enough to warrant this deal straight up. It's going to take a lot more for a guy like Thomas. If they want Konerko for Perez, that may be doable. Not because Konerko won't rebound, because I think he will, but freeing up his salary would probably be worth it. We'll see, but KW has stated numerous times that he is willing to go into the season as is, and would only do trades at any time that make our team better. Thomas for Perez straight up doesn't make our team better, and whether people agree with it or not, KW is smart enough to agree.

Huisj
02-11-2004, 11:35 PM
if frank goes, this team is in trouble. frank is a dang good hitter, and if he really is working out like the rumors say, he could be out for blood this year and go bananas. and even if he doesn't, a frank thomas normal year is still more valuable than a left that's gonna get pounded in the AL and is due for another major injury. the guy is like 160 lbs, and he's thrown a buttload of innings in the last two years after many years of battling injuries.

plus losing frank is probably worse than just losing his own statistics. you lose the whole structure of a batting order and have no stretch of multiple hitters in a row that truly has that ability to scare the crap out of pitchers, and then the rest of the lineup suffers as a result because they see more crap and fewer pitches to hit.

ok, so maybe that wouldn't be as huge of a difference as i make it sound like, but i think it would still have negative effects across the board. as much as people talk about frank's negative influence on the clubhouse, somehow i picture this club lost without him anyway, because he's been there so long, it would just be strange for everyone.

basically, this trade would suck

ChiSox7
02-11-2004, 11:41 PM
I think what 'sources' are hearing is that McCourt wants Frank, and he wants Frank for Perez. I can't fathom that actually happening however. It would only gain KW 1 mil money wise, and you just can't trade a 950+ OPS guy (I think their were only 18 this season) for a guy with a 5 era in LA....can you? In all honesty, I really can't see that.

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 11:46 PM
I feel inclined to include the fact that the Dodgers have been shopping Perez for some time now. He's a pretty good pitcher with a lot of potential upside because of his age and ability, but he isn't there yet. He's been labeled as a clubhouse cancer for their club, and if it is at all possible, they would unload him. They desperately need a bat though. I just don't see this trade straight up as a possibility. KW has said that he hasn't been offered anything for anybody from the Dodgers, which I'm inclined to believe since the Dodgers have yet to solve their GM dilemma. McCourt may have contacted KW and said he was interested in Thomas, but I don't think negotiations have gone further than that. The details of this rumor are merely speculations, McCourt isn't going to make any deal on his own, and Evans isn't even participating with anything anymore. Until their GM dilemma is solved, and apparently it will be by this weekend, I wouldn't trust any of the speculation.

mantis1212
02-12-2004, 12:11 AM
These guys on the radio say this $heet to get their call numbers repeated on a forum like this. They also don't bother repeating what other players might be "thrown in" such as Miller or Jackson. They are basically reacting to the new GM getting hired, speaking out their a$$.

---They know no more than you or I---

mantis1212
02-12-2004, 12:13 AM
If this is a straight up trade---
The air raid sirens would have to go off, and I WILL TAKE TO THE STREETS

Rex Hudler
02-12-2004, 12:25 AM
The funny thing is, most Dodger fans feel the same way. They think Frank for Perez would be a bad trade too......... for them!

SEALgep
02-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
The funny thing is, most Dodger fans feel the same way. They think Frank for Perez would be a bad trade too......... for them! All that sun must be affecting their brain power.

LASOXFAN
02-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by mantis1212
If this is a straight up trade---
The air raid sirens would have to go off, and I WILL TAKE TO THE STREETS

If it goes through look for me on WGN news in March when I head to Tucson - I'll be the guy foaming at the mouth screaming from the stands and holding the big @#$% YOU KENNY!! sign.

depy48
02-12-2004, 12:29 AM
i'd very much like to see thomas in a sox uniform for the next couple of years. did anyone read tbe Edwin Jackson story on the dodgers website?
they really have a lot of faith in him

gosox41
02-12-2004, 08:02 AM

IF this trade does it happen just like this then it's proving me more and more correct on what a bumblin idiot KW is.

For the record I officially start my "Hate Yet Another KW Tade" campaign the second this deal goes down Thomas for Perez. I wouldn't want to be called a bandwagon jumper or being accused of hindsight in other previous stellar KW deals like Koch/Foulke, Durham/Adkins, Ritchie/Wells&Fogg.

I called those lopsided against the Sox when they were made and I'll call this lopsided.

But KW is a great GM. He got us Olivo and Marte.

Bob

gosox41
02-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
I'd be upset for a few weeks, but be over it by the time the season started, and be glued to my tv set to watch the Sox take on the Royals on April 5th. Our hopes for winning the division would be rather dim, however.

They're not looking so good right now.

Bob

BeerHandle
02-12-2004, 08:22 AM
If this trade would happen I would donate my season tickets to some charity. We would give up a great hitter for an average pitcher and then would not have a 1b/DH.

Typical White Sox!!!

StepsInSC
02-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Death threats and personal attacks on JR, KW, and everyone involved would not be out of the question.

DirtySouthsider
02-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Death threats and personal attacks on JR, KW, and everyone involved would not be out of the question.

I think that's going a little overboard!! You don't make death threats for a guy making a bad baseball trade.

Dadawg_77
02-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
I think that's going a little overboard!! You don't make death threats for a guy making a bad baseball trade.

Yeah jail isn't worth it. If it wasn't for that little detail I be all over it.

Maximo
02-12-2004, 09:17 AM
This potential "deal" as a straight player for player swap is so ludicrous, it doesn't deserve the attention it has been getting.

From all aspects.....improving the team now and/or in the future...it just doesn't make any sense. Not to mention fanning the fires that are already smoldering in the White Sox fandom.

Regardless of how Kenny Williams feels personally about Frank,
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and presume he would think this offer is a joke.

He pulls the trigger on this and the storming of the Bastille will look like an organized pep rally.

StepsInSC
02-12-2004, 09:37 AM

I know...but Frank Thomas was my idle growing up, in the words of Seinfeld I probably had a non-sexual crush on him.

So yes, if this deal went through, and I ran into KW and/or JR, and had a get-out-of-jail-free card, then I would probably stab them in the face with a soldering iron.

DirtySouthsider
02-12-2004, 09:48 AM
I know...but Frank Thomas was my idle growing up, in the words of Seinfeld I probably had a non-sexual crush on him.

So yes, if this deal went through, and I ran into KW and/or JR, and had a get-out-of-jail-free card, then I would probably stab them in the face with a soldering iron.

All I've got to say is "you've got problems". I am in the same boat with you. Frank was coming into the league when I was young so I really idolized him but you are freakin' me out!!!

SEALgep
02-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Everybody is jumping the gun here. KW said the Dodgers haven't even made an offer. From what KW has said about Thomas from a trade standpoint, he has given every indication that this deal would never work. Some reporter gave his interpretation of what he thought this trade will go down, and we all jump in like it's a fact. Let's at least wait for the trade to happen before we freak out, because the way it looks, KW would shoot down this deal in a second. There haven't been any negotiations, they're still in the process of getting their GM. McCourt probably said he wanted Thomas, and it's known the Dodgers want to dump Perez, so some reporter thought it made sense, but didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Just relax until some facts are presented.

sas1974
02-12-2004, 09:57 AM
I would have a hard time parting with Frank under any circumstance, even for the Dodger's so-called super prospects. I know that may not be the smartest "baseball move," but it's purely sentimental. We have all seen Frank come up as a rookie and become the greatest player in the history of our franchise. That is saying something for a team that has been around for 100 years. For once, I would like to see the White Sox truly honor one of their own. I would like to see Frank retire in a White Sox uniform and be able to enjoy it with the sort of going away parties that Ripken and Gwynn received. Fisk, Guillen and even Baines never got the respect that they deserved in their final years with this organization. Just ONCE I would like to see them do it the right way.

mantis1212
02-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
I would have a hard time parting with Frank under any circumstance, even for the Dodger's so-called super prospects. I know that may not be the smartest "baseball move," but it's purely sentimental. We have all seen Frank come up as a rookie and become the greatest player in the history of our franchise. That is saying something for a team that has been around for 100 years. For once, I would like to see the White Sox truly honor one of their own. I would like to see Frank retire in a White Sox uniform and be able to enjoy it with the sort of going away parties that Ripken and Gwynn received. Fisk, Guillen and even Baines never got the respect that they deserved in their final years with this organization. Just ONCE I would like to see them do it the right way.

Exactly

Deadguy
02-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Maximo

Regardless of how Kenny Williams feels personally about Frank,
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and presume he would think this offer is a joke.

That's where you're wrong. Remember, the Sox made it very clear this off season that they were hoping that sox would decline his player option, so they could decline the 8 Million dollar option, and force Frank to test FA.

Remember, KW is the one who finalized a deal to send Frank to Boston in July of 2002, excercised the DSC, and enjoys starting public controversies around Frank. Supposedly, after Frank and JR worked out the deal to keep Frank on the Southside after the DSC was invoked, KW screamed back at JR in a conference call, "I'll still trade his fat ass!".

Of course, Frank also despises KW. He has stated that he would not play for the Sox in 2004 if KW was the GM, and he has stated that he wants to play 140 games at 1B, because he's aware of the bias against DHs and the HOF. So I have no doubt that he'd waive his 10 and 5 rights.

The way KW looks at a Perez for Thomas deal is that it would be equal to Thomas leaving via FA, and then KW signing a 4th or 5th starter for 2004. So I really don't doubt that he'd pull the trigger on this trade, and it's not like Frank would block the trade, saying "Well, you better get them to include Miller, Jackson, or Mota", otherwise I'm not going. Why would he care who the Sox get in return? He'd be gone by then. In L.A., he could become a star again. Thomas realizes that he doesn't have much time left, and after what happened in 2001, he's really motivated to get into great shape and put up monster numbers in 2004. Imagine how big of a star he could be if he could propel the Dodgers past Barroids and the Giants. He'd be a serious MVP candidate, and a possible regular on the Talk Show Circuit, and an instant HOFer. On the Southside, he's just rotting away in obscurity, and blcoked from playing 1B by some reject who hit fewer homeruns in the first 3 months of the season, than Mike Cameron hit in one May night in 2002.

The Wild Card in this situation is of course Reinsdorf. The only question is whether or not Reinsdorf would block this trade. KW. afterall, is just a puppet. But I don't doubt for one second that KW would pull the trigger on this trade.

SEALgep
02-12-2004, 10:10 AM
That's where you're wrong. Remember, the Sox made it very clear this off season that they were hoping that sox would decline his player option, so they could decline the 8 Million dollar option, and force Frank to test FA.

Remember, KW is the one who finalized a deal to send Frank to Boston in July of 2002, excercised the DSC, and enjoys starting public controversies around Frank. Supposedly, after Frank and JR worked out the deal to keep Frank on the Southside after the DSC was invoked, KW screamed back at JR in a conference call, "I'll still trade his fat ass!".

Of course, Frank also despises KW. He has stated that he would not play for the Sox in 2004 if KW was the GM, and he has stated that he wants to play 140 games at 1B, because he's aware of the bias against DHs and the HOF. So I have no doubt that he'd waive his 10 and 5 rights.

The way KW looks at a Perez for Thomas deal is that it would be equal to Thomas leaving via FA, and then KW signing a 4th or 5th starter for 2004. So I really don't doubt that he'd pull the trigger on this trade, and it's not like Frank would block the trade, saying "Well, you better get them to include Miller, Jackson, or Mota", otherwise I'm not going. Why would he care who the Sox get in return? He'd be gone by then. In L.A., he could become a star again. Thomas realizes that he doesn't have much time left, and after what happened in 2001, he's really motivated to get into great shape and put up monster numbers in 2004. Imagine how big of a star he could be if he could propel the Dodgers past Barroids and the Giants. He'd be a serious MVP candidate, and a possible regular on the Talk Show Circuit, and an instant HOFer. On the Southside, he's just rotting away in obscurity, and blcoked from playing 1B by some reject who hit fewer homeruns in the first 3 months of the season, than Mike Cameron hit in one May night in 2002.

The Wild Card in this situation is of course Reinsdorf. The only question is whether or not Reinsdorf would block this trade. KW. afterall, is just a puppet. But I don't doubt for one second that KW would pull the trigger on this trade. That's interesting. Makes you wonder if Frank isn't really upset with Ozzie, and more with KW. Maybe he thinks he hired Guillen in hopes to piss Frank off. I don't think that's the case, but from Frank's point of you, I could see that going on in his head.

hold2dibber
02-12-2004, 10:16 AM

How did they make that clear?

Where are you getting this stuff? I don't believe that for a second.

When/where/to whom did Frank say he would not play for the Sox in '04 if KW was GM?

The Wild Card in this situation is of course Reinsdorf. The only question is whether or not Reinsdorf would block this trade. KW. afterall, is just a puppet. But I don't doubt for one second that KW would pull the trigger on this trade.

If he's a puppet, it would seem unlikely that he'd scream "I'll still trade his fat ass" at JR in a public forum.

StepsInSC
02-12-2004, 10:19 AM
All I've got to say is "you've got problems". I am in the same boat with you. Frank was coming into the league when I was young so I really idolized him but you are freakin' me out!!!

LOL. Its just a hyperbole.

SEALgep
02-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
How did they make that clear?

Where are you getting this stuff? I don't believe that for a second.

When/where/to whom did Frank say he would not play for the Sox in '04 if KW was GM?

If he's a puppet, it would seem unlikely that he'd scream "I'll still trade his fat ass" at JR in a public forum. Good points, I too would like to know where the info came from.

pearso66
02-12-2004, 10:46 AM
I for one really doubt that they would trade Frank. First of all KW said he wants to put the best team on the field, well making this deal surely would make us a worse team. 2nd they are trying to put fans in the seats. So why would they make a trade that would alienate 75% of Sox fans. I am with a few of you, I became a fan of this team around the time Thomas came into the league, so I don't want to see him gone. Granted, if we get a good offer in return, I don't see how they couldn't do it. But straight up for a pitcher who has had 1 good season in his career, and that wasn't even last year? I'd rather stick with Frank, and throw Cotts out there.

jshanahanjr
02-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Maybe Frank doesn't want to play here anymore? That could be a major factor.

sas1974
02-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by jshanahanjr
Maybe Frank doesn't want to play here anymore? That could be a major factor.

I suppose that's possible, but until I hear HIM say something to that effect I won't believe it.

DirtySouthsider
02-12-2004, 12:02 PM
LOL. Its just a hyperbole.

I figured it was......although no offense if I see you coming I decide to walk on the other side of the street. :o:

Deadguy
02-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

If he's a puppet, it would seem unlikely that he'd scream "I'll still trade his fat ass" at JR in a public forum.

A conference call is not a public forum.

While JR is still close to FT, and has blocked every attempt by KW to get rid of Frank, they are not as close as they used to be, and this has been acknowledged by Frank. The strain in their relationship is the result of Thomas' walkout in 2001.

The fact that KW is still GM, and the choice of the new manager, a message has been sent to Frank that they have chosen to keep KW instead of him and they are calling his bluff, and that's why I would not be surprised if a trade of FT is imminent.

The character assassination of Thomas in the offseason by KW and OG falls in line with everything I posted above. The conspiracy theory that they are trying to make Thomas unhappy to the point that he either demands a trade or is willing to waive his 10 and 5 rights is hardly farfetched.

SEALgep
02-12-2004, 12:16 PM

While JR is still close to FT, and has blocked every attempt by KW to get rid of Frank, they are not as close as they used to be, and this has been acknowledged by Frank. The strain in their relationship is the result of Thomas' walkout in 2001.

The fact that KW is still GM, and the choice of the new manager a message has been sent to Frank that they have chosen to keep KW instead of him and they are calling his bluff, and that's why I would not be surprised if a trade of FT is imminent.

The character assassination of Thomas in the offseason by KW and OG falls in line with everything I posted above. The conspiracy theory that they are trying to make Thomas unhappy to the point that he either demands a trade or is willing to waive his 10 and 5 rights is hardly farfetched. Maybe not farfetched, but not likely. KW wants to win, and he knows Thomas is a big part of our offense. If he is going to give him up, he is going to demand fair value. Remember, these guys are professionals, and no one is going to compromise their team or their own jobs based on some personal problem.

rahulsekhar
02-12-2004, 03:46 PM

The fact that KW is still GM, and the choice of the new manager, a message has been sent to Frank that they have chosen to keep KW instead of him and they are calling his bluff, and that's why I would not be surprised if a trade of FT is imminent.

The character assassination of Thomas in the offseason by KW and OG falls in line with everything I posted above. The conspiracy theory that they are trying to make Thomas unhappy to the point that he either demands a trade or is willing to waive his 10 and 5 rights is hardly farfetched.

But where are you getting this conference call info or the fact that JR has blocked KW attempts to deal Frank? No offense, but this seems like speculation of the highest order. Not saying it isn't true, but since I've only seen noted here (and apparently I'm not the only one), I have a hard time believing it. Especially as the cornerstone of an argument that KW hates Frank and is dying to get him out of town (i.e. would deal him for Perez).

It appeared to me that they were willing to keep Frank, but only at a decent salary. They did that, so I don't see them trying to deal him unless it improves the team.

I also think saying that the choice of Ozzie was somehow meant as a message to Frank is off base. It's far more likely IMO that they liked his passion and the fact that he bleeds Silver & Black. Did it ever occur to anyone that he may also have had some good thoughts on how to manage this team? We haven't seen anything yet, but he hasn't really had a chance to do so. If in ST he's doing all the things that Manuel preached (fundamentals), I would guess that that's why he was hired - not because it would piss off Frank.

Even if they did want to deal Frank, I highly doubt that they'd do so to the detriment of the team, i.e. in a lopsided deal like one for Odalis. I just dont' buy it.

sas1974
02-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
But where are you getting this conference call info or the fact that JR has blocked KW attempts to deal Frank? No offense, but this seems like speculation of the highest order. Not saying it isn't true, but since I've only seen noted here (and apparently I'm not the only one), I have a hard time believing it. Especially as the cornerstone of an argument that KW hates Frank and is dying to get him out of town (i.e. would deal him for Perez).

I have to second or third or fourth this motion. I am not one that needs two pages of stats lauched at me for every opinion, but for a statement this bold it would be nice if there was some quasi-valid source behind it (an article, an inside source, the guy that changes the oil in K-dub's car).

kempsted
02-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I have to second or third or fourth this motion. I am not one that needs two pages of stats lauched at me for every opinion, but for a statement this bold it would be nice if there was some quasi-valid source behind it (an article, an inside source, the guy that changes the oil in K-dub's car).

I 4th or 5th it. With all the people on this board this is the first time I have ever seen this mentioned. You would have to have very good inside info on this. If KW said that he is a bigger idiot then I thought.

poorme
02-12-2004, 08:15 PM
If I'm the Dodgers and I'm seriously considering Thomas, I wait until spring training to see how he looks at 1B.

SEALgep
02-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by poorme
If I'm the Dodgers and I'm seriously considering Thomas, I wait until spring training to see how he looks at 1B. Good call, if indeed this rumor has any credibility, that's probably what they'll do.