PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for Caballo fans...

KempersRS
09-06-2001, 04:56 PM
He sucks (right now). I'd honestly like to know if anybody here can name ONE player who has been worse than Lee in the last 2 months. You can't. His defense is an absolut joke, this we all know. When was the last time he even had 2 hits in a game? Or how about when was the last time he had a hit streak longer than 2 games? What a collapse from a solid first half. I really don't think anyone can argue the point that he has been the worst player on the roster for the last 2 months, if so, I'd like to hear it.

Jerry_Manuel
09-06-2001, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
He sucks (right now). I'd honestly like to know if anybody here can name ONE player who has been worse than Lee in the last 2 months. You can't. His defense is an absolut joke, this we all know. When was the last time he even had 2 hits in a game? Or how about when was the last time he had a hit streak longer than 2 games? What a collapse from a solid first half. I really don't think anyone can argue the point that he has been the worst player on the roster for the last 2 months, if so, I'd like to hear it.

I don't have anything to say, except yes he has been in a big funk and I hope he turns it around soon. What?

KempersRS
09-06-2001, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I don't have anything to say, except yes he has been in a big funk and I hope he turns it around soon. What?

It is discouraging to see it last this long. Everyone slumps, but this is getting out of hand. We don't want him festering like this all offseason, it could ruin his game, not to mention mess him up mentally on how he approaches the plate. Maybe Caballo should give Von Joshua a call.

Randar68
09-06-2001, 05:15 PM
It is discouraging to see it last this long. Everyone slumps, but this is getting out of hand. We don't want him festering like this all offseason, it could ruin his game, not to mention mess him up mentally on how he approaches the plate. Maybe Caballo should give Von Joshua a call.

He should give Walt Hriniak a damn call!!!!

Viva Magglio
09-06-2001, 05:24 PM
:KW
What's the telephone number for the glue factory?

:caballo
Uh, oh.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2001, 05:24 PM
What about Ray Durham???

Heather the Redbird

doublem23
09-06-2001, 05:28 PM
I was wondering when you'd finally say something, Heather (given your sig).

But, yeah, Caballo NEEDS to figure out how to use the bat again. He could put up SCARY good numbes, but he's in a nasty funk right now.

However, don't give up on him, yet.

:hitless
Carlos got an "A+" in the Royce Clayton school of Hitting.

THERE'S THE PROBLEM!

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2001, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
:hitless
Carlos got an "A+" in the Royce Clayton school of Hitting.

THERE'S THE PROBLEM!

Oh no! I was hoping nobody would resort to that! Anyway, I don't think the slump will last very long. Carlos WILL come through.

Giving up on him would be a big mistake!

Heather the Redbird

Randar68
09-06-2001, 05:36 PM
What's the telephone number for the glue factory?

WHEW! You had me cryin there!!!

Also, Durham has been consistently bad, while Carlos is just getting into bad habits and doesn't seem to ever have a plan when he goes to the plate other than, "See ball, Clobber ball!"

Konerko and Maggs both had AWEFUL months early in the season, so don't jump ship so quickly, Carlos has been all over in the lineup for the last 2 months, and it does seem to have had an effect....he's not a #2 hitter, I have no idea why Jerry even entertains that notion...

KempersRS
09-06-2001, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

I don't think the slump will last very long.

Too late.

Chisox353014
09-06-2001, 05:38 PM
It seems like his recent funk has largely coincided with JM's decision to try him in the 2 spot in the order. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Hey Jerry, what's with all the "whats"?

Viva Magglio
09-06-2001, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

WHEW! You had me cryin there!!!

Also, Durham has been consistently bad, while Carlos is just getting into bad habits and doesn't seem to ever have a plan when he goes to the plate other than, "See ball, Clobber ball!"

Konerko and Maggs both had AWEFUL months early in the season, so don't jump ship so quickly, Carlos has been all over in the lineup for the last 2 months, and it does seem to have had an effect....he's not a #2 hitter, I have no idea why Jerry even entertains that notion...

I am not advocating that Carlos Lee be sent to the glue factory. I was just adding a little levity to the discussion as I did with the thread of Jon Garland taking Mágglio's beloved Pepsi away. I think Carlos will eventually snap out of his funk. You're right about Durham, and he is the one I would get rid of. And, of course, all of our hitters have had slumps at various points of the season.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2001, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

LOL! Given the extended slumps for both Carlos Lee and Ray Durham (and lesser ones for Konerko, Maggs, and others), I say launch Gary Ward as soon as possible. Bringing up this guy was another of KW's genius ideas for improving the club. I don't see where our hitting has improved at all since Von Joshua was shown the door.

"My crime was not being one of Kenny's boys.":von

The only real difference in our play the last three months over the previous two has been the starting pitching--and neither KW or Gary Ward had ANYTHING to do with that.

"We're as safe as kittens right now!"
Gary Ward and :KW

"Yep!"
:reinsy

"We're screwed!"
:ohno

"Yep, again!"
:reinsy

KempersRS
09-06-2001, 07:47 PM
I think :ohno would have fit better.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2001, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I meant to grab that one but our tags list has gotten so long I forgot the right name. I had to edit that one three times, LOL!

And how did we ever miss getting a tag for Gary Ward. That guy deserves most of the blame for our free-swinging ways.

Jerry_Manuel
09-06-2001, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Yeah, I meant to grab that one but our tags list has gotten so long I forgot the right name. I had to edit that one three times, LOL!

And how did we ever miss getting a tag for Gary Ward. That guy deserves most of the blame for our free-swinging ways.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_Ward,Gary_mug.jpg
Don't tell me how to do my job Tropicana man.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2001, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_Ward,Gary_mug.jpg
Don't tell me how to do my job Tropicana man.

This is the guy who thinks our hitting woes are caused by not going to the opposite field. What a dolt.

"If it wasn't my trading Scott Eyre for Gary Glover, I would be certified the biggest idiot in baseball for the 2001 season."
:KW

"You already are!"
:ohno

Jerry_Manuel
09-06-2001, 08:06 PM
http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_22210117546.jpg

Don't forget me PHG!

:versatile
Gary you are the best base coach ever.

FarWestChicago
09-06-2001, 08:10 PM
:waving

All I know is I've been bored as hell this year!

:garyward

I think it's Von's fault.

:von

What the hell are you talking about, Mr. Opposite Field?

ihatethecubs
09-07-2001, 01:11 AM
liefer is a better hitter and fielder just stick with him