PDA

View Full Version : Team Chemistry

Jurr
02-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Something that I think may help the Sox a little bit this year may be the team chemistry thing. All of our position players return to the field this year, except for the 2B position. Alomar and Everett were only brought in at the break, anyway. The teams that have been winning big lately have been teams that have kept the same core of talent around for a little while (Anaheim and Florida). Neither team looked that devastating on paper, but it seemed that they were loose and fought for each other. If Ozzie can keep things loose, who knows? It seemed like at the beginning of last year, the problem was that everybody got too uptight, and our hitting woes became contagious. Loose is the word.

poorme
02-11-2004, 11:33 AM
This is one of those topics that never goes very far. Some think chemistry is important, some think it matters not at all. Unfortunately, there's no way to measure or quantify it, so it all boils down to personal opinion.

Personally, I think that since baseball is a series of INDIVIDUAL actions, "chemistry" is irrelevant. Does an infielder not try as hard when fielding a sharp grounder because he doesn't like the manager? I doubt it, but we'll never know.