PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help?

blackjack29
02-11-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm trying to find a 1987-1990 Sox home jersey with White Sox in script on the front. I didn't want any name or number on the back because the only ones that make those are Mitchell and Ness, which cost an arm and a leg. I tried Grandstand on 35th, but no luck. If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

chisoxfan79
02-11-2004, 11:28 AM
The only thing I can say is search the internet. I am always looking for jerseys and I have never saw that one.

Baby Fisk
02-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Go fish on eBay. It may not be there now, but someday it will...

Foulke You
02-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure that the late '80s "Dodgers Script" White Sox jerseys have been re-released yet. Guess they aren't old enough yet to be retro. Your best bet is to check Ebay and see if someone is selling their vintage old one from back in the day. If you land one, make sure you get a big gold chain to wear with it so you can complete the Ivan Calderon late '80s look! :D:

Hangar18
02-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Reason your not finding those Jerseys is Those were Hands Down, one of the UGLIEST Uniforms theyve ever worn.
There is just No Demand for them. The only Article of Clothing I wore from that era, was the Hat with the "exponential" E on it.
the Tshirts, Jerseys, everything was ugly. The "Chicago" jersey was cool..........note how they kept that in the new uniform
they have now.

Baby Fisk
02-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I know it's blasphemy, but I loved those curly "C" caps. I've got one that I still love to wear. The uniforms were pretty lame, but so were those outlandish red pinstripes and the baby blue/red road unies from the early 70s. Can you imagine the Sox having to wear those as the full time uniform now? All retro stuff is cool -- mostly because it isn't worn anymore! :D:

sas1974
02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
I know it's blasphemy, but I loved those curly "C" caps. I've got one that I still love to wear. The uniforms were pretty lame, but so were those outlandish red pinstripes and the baby blue/red road unies from the early 70s. Can you imagine the Sox having to wear those as the full time uniform now? All retro stuff is cool -- mostly because it isn't worn anymore! :D:

Come on! You mean Big Frank wouldn't look cool running around in baby blue?

Baby Fisk
02-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Come on! You mean Big Frank wouldn't look cool running around in baby blue?
Yeah, you volunteer to be the one to hand him his stylin' new threads... :D:

In a supreme moment of irony, the Sox in 70s retro gear would take the field looking like a bunch of hip-hop artists!

mdep524
02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
I know it's blasphemy, but I loved those curly "C" caps. I've got one that I still love to wear. The uniforms were pretty lame, but so were those outlandish red pinstripes and the baby blue/red road unies from the early 70s.

Why is that blasphemy? I kind of like those curly C caps too.

sas1974
02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Let's seem 'em toss on the old shorts and butterfly collars for a game!

Baby Fisk
02-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by mdep524
Why is that blasphemy? I kind of like those curly C caps too.
Don't know if it's urban legend or what, but there was a school of thought out there in the late 90s that the curly C was actually a curly E in honour of Eddie Einhorn. Conspiracy theorists ate it up... :D: