PDA

View Full Version : The Travis Lee Option.....


SEALgep
02-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Is gone.

It's been reported that the Yanks and Lee are working on a one year 2 million dollar deal.

DrCrawdad
02-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Is gone.

It's been reported that the Yanks and Lee are working on a one year 2 million dollar deal.

What do the Sox need Travis Lee for, we've got The Gloadinator.

http://www.futureangels.com/images/gallery01/05/010527_560657_27.jpg

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
What do the Sox need Travis Lee for, we've got The Gloadinator.

http://www.futureangels.com/images/gallery01/05/010527_560657_27.jpg Actually I do like this kid. He's got a lot of upside to him. He's struggled a little bit in the majors, but he can turn that around. He's got too much skill not to. FYI:

Ross Gload, 27 - 1st/OF Ė L/L - Hermosillo
Stats: .328 AVG, .388 OBP, 12 HR, 51 RBI, 28 K, 23 BB
Last season Gload put up monster numbers for the Charlotte Knights. Despite those tremendous numbers, Gload has yet to shake his AAAA reputation heís received after hitting the cover off for the Cubs minor league system as well as the Rockies. During his short stints in the majors, Gload, has struggled mightily. This time things may be different. Gload has a sweet, short, compact swing and can hit for average and power. In my opinion, size (height) is the only thing thatís kept him from getting consistent playing time at the major league level. This spring he will be given the chance to earn a position on the White Sox bench.

DrCrawdad
02-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Actually I do like this kid. He's got a lot of upside to him. He's struggled a little bit in the majors, but he can turn that around. He's got too much skill not to. FYI:

Ross Gload, 27 - 1st/OF Ė L/L - Hermosillo
Stats: .328 AVG, .388 OBP, 12 HR, 51 RBI, 28 K, 23 BB
Last season Gload put up monster numbers for the Charlotte Knights. Despite those tremendous numbers, Gload has yet to shake his AAAA reputation heís received after hitting the cover off for the Cubs minor league system as well as the Rockies. During his short stints in the majors, Gload, has struggled mightily. This time things may be different. Gload has a sweet, short, compact swing and can hit for average and power. In my opinion, size (height) is the only thing thatís kept him from getting consistent playing time at the major league level. This spring he will be given the chance to earn a position on the White Sox bench.

Actually I agree. I was just being a bit sarcastic.

I'd love for Gload to do well for the Sox. I hope Gload earns a job with the Sox and then he gets enough playing time. Perhaps with that short swing Gload won't decay on the bench as a Jeff Liefer did, Liefer who had a big swing.

poorme
02-11-2004, 11:07 AM
How's Gload as a fielder? We haven't had a good glove man at 1B since Mike Squires. Well, Walker was OK, but couldn't throw.

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Actually I agree. I was just being a bit sarcastic.

I'd love for Gload to do well for the Sox. I hope Gload earns a job with the Sox and then he gets enough playing time. Perhaps with that short swing Gload won't decay on the bench as a Jeff Liefer did, Liefer who had a big swing.

Sorry, I really didn't think you were busting on him. I was just agreeing with you. Lol, stupid monotone words. Anyway, I think he will do well. :smile:

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by poorme
How's Gload as a fielder? We haven't had a good glove man at 1B since Mike Squires. Well, Walker was OK, but couldn't throw. I can't say for certain, but from the report, my take is that he is a good fielder. The height issue being the only problem, so throws may tend to more easily go over his head on bad throws.

sas1974
02-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Is gone.

It's been reported that the Yanks and Lee are working on a one year 2 million dollar deal.

But we already have a first baseman.

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
But we already have a first baseman. Where have you been? There have been nonstop trade rumors for Thomas/Konerko.

sas1974
02-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Where have you been? There have been nonstop trade rumors for Thomas/Konerko.

There have been non-stop trade RUMORS for months. Pitchers/catchers report in 9 days. No one is going anywhere.

doctor30th
02-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Where have you been? There have been nonstop trade rumors for Thomas/Konerko.

There called rumors for a reason sas is right, right now we have a first baseman, a rumor in no way means the trade is going to happen, so why would we sign a First baseman and get ourselves in a position where we are paying way to much for 3 players who can only play 2 postions 1B/DH.

sas1974
02-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
There called rumors for a reason sas is right, right now we have a first baseman, a rumor in no way means the trade is going to happen, so why would we sign a First baseman and get ourselves in a position where we are paying way to much for 3 players who can only play 2 postions 1B/DH.

That was my point, we're not going to sign replacements for players that are still here. IMO, I think the roster is pretty much set, for better or worse.

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
There called rumors for a reason sas is right, right now we have a first baseman, a rumor in no way means the trade is going to happen, so why would we sign a First baseman and get ourselves in a position where we are paying way to much for 3 players who can only play 2 postions 1B/DH.

Don't jump the gun, I said option. If we trade one, replacing one will have to happen. It probably be with Gload, but T. Lee was an option. I never said anything about signing him now.

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
There have been non-stop trade RUMORS for months. Pitchers/catchers report in 9 days. No one is going anywhere. The Dodgers have had ownership issues, and now GM issues, but still intend to get something done. They have to, whether it is with us or someone else, but we are still the likely people to be dealing with. A trade is certainly still possible.

sas1974
02-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Settle down guys, I said option. If we trade one, replacing one will have to happen. It probably be with Gload, but T. Lee was an option. I never said anything about signing him now.

I am settled, my good man. Believe me, I don't get all crazy and emotional about this stuff like some folks do. I am just not too upset about not getting a crack at Travis Lee. Now Derrick Lee...that's something different. I wonder if he's still available?

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I am settled, my good man. Believe me, I don't get all crazy and emotional about this stuff like some folks do. I am just not too upset about not getting a crack at Travis Lee. Now Derrick Lee...that's something different. I wonder if he's still available? It's not that big of a deal, but he is a good player. He is known for very good defense, and is a solid .275 20 homerun guy. He also has good speed on the base paths. Not going to steal a lot, but is very capable of being a guy to hit and run with, as well as just overall good running ability. If Konerko was traded, he would have been a good substitute for a couple million a year.

poorme
02-11-2004, 01:18 PM
I believe he would have been an upgrade from Konerko, but that question seems moot now....

sas1974
02-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
It's not that big of a deal, but he is a good player. He is known for very good defense, and is a solid .275 20 homerun guy. He also has good speed on the base paths. Not going to steal a lot, but is very capable of being a guy to hit and run with, as well as just overall good running ability. If Konerko was traded, he would have been a good substitute for a couple million a year.

I agree. He's a solid player and would have been an adequate replacement in the event of a trade. I guess am still not in too much of a hurry to cut lose Thomas or Konerko for Perez, which of course has been discussed to death on here - from both sides.

Medford Bobby
02-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Boy I remember when the Diamondbacks gave him 10 millon $$$ bonus to be their franchise poster boy...They even painted a large mural of him in their lobby..This guy was touted to be a super mega super star...and then......pooof! AS soon as he was traded, the mural was painted over and this guy keeps getting traded..........I can"t see this guy even being a DH...reminds me of Cory Synder......pooof! :angry:


:reinsy "Even I can't see signing this guy, but if Chris Sabo was still around..oh......Boy!!"

SEALgep
02-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I agree. He's a solid player and would have been an adequate replacement in the event of a trade. I guess am still not in too much of a hurry to cut lose Thomas or Konerko for Perez, which of course has been discussed to death on here - from both sides. For just Perez, I wouldn't deal either. If Miller is thrown in the mix, I would consider it, but not just Perez. We would be better off as is, and you may be right, that we may be better off staying put regardless.