PDA

View Full Version : For the fans that never come....

munchman33
02-10-2004, 10:21 PM
This question is posed to those who, for whatever reason, will no longer come to see the White Sox play. What will it take to put you back in the seats? Is it simply the addition of players, a higher budget, or the removal of the current ownership? Or is it something else? Or will you never come back?

fuzzy_patters
02-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
This question is posed to those who, for whatever reason, will no longer come to see the White Sox play. What will it take to put you back in the seats? Is it simply the addition of players, a higher budget, or the removal of the current ownership? Or is it something else? Or will you never come back?

It would help if I still lived within 115 miles of Chicago, but the most important reason preventing me from attending games is the cost. If JR wants my money, he needs to reduce tickets to 2000 levels. I refuse to be bent over the table by Jerry Reinsdorf.

mike squires
02-10-2004, 10:34 PM
If all of oyu could be so kind and help me pay for day care I would go to our usual 5 to 7 games. I'll be happy to go to one this year.

hose
02-10-2004, 11:02 PM

I didn't renew my 2 weekend partial season tickets this year, didn't go to Sox Fest, and probably will only go to a couple of games this year.

CubKilla
02-10-2004, 11:25 PM
A new owner and/or a VERY competitve product WITH management constantly striving to BETTER what the Sox already have.

soxin03
02-10-2004, 11:50 PM
New owner... If the Sox get a new owner thats willing to do what it takes to win, I'd go to possibly 20 games and I live 2 hours away. I don't go to a restaurant that serves garbage, hoping that if I go the food will get better. And I'm not feeding The chairman money until he shows he's dedicated to winning. Even with the additions that he made last year, his wonder coach ruined the season. Then he gets a coach with some fire, and dumps the talent. So, maybe 1 game per year until he goes.

Lip Man 1
02-10-2004, 11:53 PM
I used to fly home to see my folks and while here take in a game or two but no more....when Uncle Jerry's gone, I'll return to the scene of the crime.

Lip

HITMEN OF 77
02-11-2004, 12:48 AM
I'm going to try and come back in April and go to 5 or 6 games. I haven't been to a game at Comiskey since 1996. JR and his crew are scattered, but I like going and cheering for the Sox and watching my favorite players play. Whether the team is good or bad, 1st or last place, I can't help it. I just love seeing the Sox play and being at the ballpark.

cubhater
02-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Dedication by ownership to place a REAL competitive team on the field, not one that always has the potential to win the lame AL Central.

When ownership quits fleecing the fans' wallets and makes us feel appreciated. The Sox whine about atttendance yet jack up prices for the lower deck seats without making any significant moves in the offseason and working with a skimpy payroll. And don't get me started when they blame the fans for not showing up for their lack of raising payroll.

I'll still make it to a few games this year, but refuse to give ownership any more money than I need to unless I see real dedication on management's part.

poorme
02-11-2004, 08:55 AM
A real commitment to winning. Not a commitment to winning so long as the budget stays below $60 million.

Maximo
02-11-2004, 09:58 AM

Even though I am far from being a fan of the current ownership, I am actually planning on getting into see a couple of games this year. I finally have a little more time on my hands than I've had in recent years.

I really am sort of looking forward to it because it's been so long.
It'll be great to have a couple of cold ones at McCuddy's....visit the food stands in the picnic grounds.....take a shower in the centerfield bleachers......watch Luzinski take batting practice.......