PDA

View Full Version : Wyclef Jean a sox fan?

34rancher
02-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Check out this pic from the Apple website. Cool jersey, anyone seen that before?

34rancher
02-09-2004, 10:58 AM
And he likes Sandy

rmusacch
02-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
And he likes Sandy

Or Dick Allen.

thepaulbowski
02-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Check out this pic from the Apple website. Cool jersey, anyone seen that before?

Grandstand used to have the jersey for sale, not sure if they still have it or not

santo=dorf
02-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Grandstand used to have the jersey for sale, not sure if they still have it or not

I went there about a month ago and they had the road and the home Dick Allen jerseys for $300.

sas1974
02-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Might be a nice choice for Turn Back the Clock Day this season.

Mots09
02-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I actually own that jersey and its a beaut....

Purchased it from www.distantreplays.com

but the jersey is no longer in production by Mitchell and Ness

StillMissOzzie
02-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Mots09

Then I hope Wyclef returns it to you freshly laundered!

SMO
:D:

PINWHEELS
02-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mots09

Purchased it from www.distantreplays.com

but the jersey is no longer in production by Mitchell and Ness Or Check out this site www.dugout-memories.com/whitesox.html

guillen4life13
02-09-2004, 05:23 PM
If someone famous wears a jersey, that doesn't automatically mean they're fans of a team. I doubt Dr. Dre is a huge Sox fan, even if he did wear Sox hats back in the day.

batmanZoSo
02-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
If someone famous wears a jersey, that doesn't automatically mean they're fans of a team. I doubt Dr. Dre is a huge Sox fan, even if he did wear Sox hats back in the day.

Right. Eddie Vedder once wore a Sox hat on SNL, but he's a cub fan. He was just supporting black jack, his party buddy.

But it's great to see the foremost guitarist (ahem) of our generation, Wyclef Jean, on our side.

guillen4life13
02-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
But it's great to see the foremost guitarist (ahem) of our generation, Wyclef Jean, on our side.

Oh no you didn't. I hope you meant to put that in teal.

Does Wyclef even play guitar? If he did, that would be a disgrace to the instrument (not as bad as Tom Delonge, but you know).

Eddie wore the hat back when P.J. was hot. They're still great now, but they lost the fire. It was all in the hat, man. The hat.

Deadguy
02-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Tommy Victor of Prong wore a White Sox jersey throughout the Prove You Wrong tour back in 1991. You can see him wear it in the videos for "Unconditional" and "Prove You Wrong".

I think the change from those dull 1990 uniforms to the modern pinstripe style uniforms is one of the best moves this franchise has ever made.

batmanZoSo
02-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Oh no you didn't. I hope you meant to put that in teal.

Does Wyclef even play guitar? If he did, that would be a disgrace to the instrument (not as bad as Tom Delonge, but you know).

Eddie wore the hat back when P.J. was hot. They're still great now, but they lost the fire. It was all in the hat, man. The hat.

Most every band loses it after 4 or 5 albums. Some quit, some just tour as nostalgia bands, some churn out crap (Aerosmith), and some sell out. Pearl jam isn't churning out crap, but they're a shadow of what they used to be. That said, their music is still decent, honest and has integrity unlike pretty much everything else out there. But the fact is they're pushing 40. Now that I think of it, it's been a while since they really used much distortion...at least on their more memorable songs in recent years. Vedder's no longer the 25 year old angry at his father and the world. He likes golf now...:)

Of course I was kidding about Wyclef. He's about as good as Andre 3000 on the guit box...and that is to say, not very. But it is nice to see rappers pick up a freakin instrument once in a while. Blink is pretty horrible, I agree.

So is any band who misspells their name to be cool. I tell you, the last time I heard Staind and Trapt, I just about Pukt.

editors note---while Led Zeppelin mispelled their name purposely, it was not to be cool, just so us Yanks wouldn't think it was Lead Zeppelin (as in "the first Zeppelin," pronounced leed)....just a preventative measure there....