PDA

View Full Version : Rick Morrissey Column

fledgedrallycap
02-09-2004, 10:01 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040208morrissey,1,1421464.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Touches some good points.

"For the last few years, we've been railing at the Sox for a lack of fire. Now, when someone in the organization shows fire, we rip them for that too."

Procol Harum
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040208morrissey,1,1421464.column?coll=cs-home-utility

"For the last few years, we've been railing at the Sox for a lack of fire. Now, when someone in the organization shows fire, we rip them for that too."

So, who are we crappin'?

Seriously, don't know as I ever remember Sox fans railing at the front office for a lack of "fire." A lack of brains, courtesy, marketing savvy, perceived good will and the willingness to spend money--yes. Lack of "fire," I don't think so.

SSN721
02-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

I tend to mainly agree with this article. I agree, touches on a few good points, and nice to see something that isn't blatantly negative about the Sox every once in awhile. As much as all of us enjoy tearing apart the organization, nice to hear something relatively positive or hopeful.

soxnut
02-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I tend to mainly agree with this article. I agree, touches on a few good points, and nice to see something that isn't blatantly negative about the Sox every once in awhile. As much as all of us enjoy tearing apart the organization, nice to hear something relatively positive or hopeful.

I do agree with the article. But I don't agree that all of us enjoy tearing apart the organization. They are my team, and whether or not they do something I don't like---I don't enjoy ripping on them---that's ridiculous..........

Dan H
02-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
So, who are we crappin'?

Seriously, don't know as I ever remember Sox fans railing at the front office for a lack of "fire." A lack of brains, courtesy, marketing savvy, perceived good will and the willingness to spend money--yes. Lack of "fire," I don't think so.

I ageee with Procol. The Morrissey column didn't impress me one bit. Saying that a front office has fire for getting defensive with fans who brave some real cold weather to come to a Sox Fest is just plain dumb. We need "fire" on the field, not directed toward the fans.

doublem23
02-10-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm not even going to bother wasting my time reading something a blind monkey could have wrote, but assuming the quote is general overview of Morrissey's main point he's clearly in the "I want to rip on the Sox because that's what us suave Chicago fans do," crowd.

There is such a thing as too much fire, aimed at the wrong places. Telling Frank Thomas and Magglio Ordonez to bunt so they can play smallball is not intelligent.