PDA

View Full Version : The most boring offseason ever.


lowesox
02-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Can anybody remember an offseason that was so unexciting? If you look at it, our most exciting move was the "Dr. Zero" thing and really, that's just a step above a minor-league contract.

According to management the fans didn't attend enough last year, but what have they done since then to make buying tickets more attractive?

Just look at how starved we white sox fans are. We've had about a thousand bogus trade rumor threads, and ENDLESS Aaron Rowand, Willie Harris threads. The least management could do is dream up a crazy publicity stunt? Something to really talk about.

I've got it - they could bring back the entire '93 playoff team on minor league deals. We've already got Cora, Thomas and Guillen. How about bringing back Alex Fernendez, Black Jack, Lance Johnson, Tim Rains and Ron Karkovice - yes - Ron Karkovice. Now that would be better than any Sidney Ponson signing.

WinningUgly!
02-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I've got it - they could bring back the entire '93 playoff team on minor league deals. We've already got Cora, Thomas and Guillen. How about bringing back Alex Fernendez, Black Jack, Lance Johnson, Tim Rains and Ron Karkovice - yes - Ron Karkovice. Now that would be better than any Sidney Ponson signing.

I'd take Wilson Alvarez.

Daver
02-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Jack McDowell couldn't pass the physical.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Cheap publicity stunt? I've got it!

40-year anniversary tribute to The Beatles at Comiskey Park!

We could use Julian Lennon as substitute for his dad. Oh crap, what do we do for George Harrison! :smile:

:gallas
"Hey, fergettaboutit! I've already blown the promotional budget on 'Flying Elvis Bring Your Dog Sleepover Sex in the Outfield and 1/2-price empty can of Pepsi or Equivalent Pepsi Product Night.'"

Daver
02-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Cheap publicity stunt? I've got it!

40-year anniversary tribute to The Beatles at Comiskey Park!

We could use Julian Lennon as substitute for his dad. Oh crap, what do we do for George Harrison!

What's wrong with using Dhani Harrison,George's son?

PaleHoseGeorge
02-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Daver
What's wrong with using Dhani Harrison,George's son?

Good idea. But can we get Terri Hemmert to emcee the whole gig? She's my favorite.

:smile:

Daver
02-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Good idea. But can we get Terri Hemmert to emcee the whole gig? She's my favorite.

:smile:


She may be to busy standing on Belmont ave chainsmoking Virginia Slims...........

duke of dorwood
02-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Just wait til the season..........

chisox06
02-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Boring, and frustrating. Lack of moves=increase in rumors that have no relevance. Ive seen so many different lineups after all these rumored trades its ridiculous. Im ready to watch some baseball thats all I know.

poorme
02-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Great way to market the product...do nothing!

Lip Man 1
02-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Well the off seasons in 1987, 1988 and 1989 were nothing to write home about.

Lip

MRKARNO
02-08-2004, 08:27 PM
This season keeps starting to sound like the 2000 season. Low expectations. Mediocre pitching. No good major offseason moves. Thomas is pissed...

Let's hope we can have a Regular season like the 2000 season and follow it up with a groundbreaking playoff run that will end with 11 playoff wins

beckett21
02-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Personally it has been one of my most exciting off-seasons because I discovered WSI! Thanks everybody!! :D:

Baby Fisk
02-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by beckett21
Personally it has been one of my most exciting off-seasons because I discovered WSI! Thanks everybody!! :D:

Me too! Me too! Cheers y'all! :gulp:

SSN721
02-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by beckett21
Personally it has been one of my most exciting off-seasons because I discovered WSI! Thanks everybody!! :D:

Definitely, makes the time pass a little faster, counting the days til pitchers and catchers report. :cool:

CubKilla
02-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Lack of moves=increase in rumors that have no relevance.

Lack of moves=less butts in the seats to see a team that is significantly worse than a team that finished 2nd last season.

:KW

"I don't wanna hear any further about what we gave up. Cheer for Uribe, Politte, and 'Zero'."