PDA

View Full Version : It took all day, but it worked out well.

AOEllis
02-07-2004, 07:10 PM
My dad and I collectively waited on the computer since 8 am this morning to buy White Sox tickets at Fenway Park (damn near impossible) this summer, Friday, Aug 13. It is now 6 o'clock pm. The seats I got are in the upper right field bleachers, probably awful. They were only 12 bucks each. 10 hours are spent just to see the sox in Fenway. This goes to prove that there are some, but very few, benefits to not having a packed house every night, not going thorugh extreme lengths to see one game. If this does not say loyal sox fans, I do not know what does. Wow, I need to eat.

carusochop
02-07-2004, 07:12 PM
yeah but the benefits of having a pcaked house, means management will spend money on the team. If we only had the Red Sox payroll.

PINWHEELS
02-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by AOEllis
My dad and I collectively waited on the computer since 8 am this morning to buy White Sox tickets at Fenway Park (damn near impossible) this summer, Friday, Aug 13. It is now 6 o'clock pm. The seats I got are in the upper right field bleachers, probably awful. They were only 12 bucks each. 10 hours are spent just to see the sox in Fenway. This goes to prove that there are some, but very few, benefits to not having a packed house every night, not going thorugh extreme lengths to see one game. If this does not say loyal sox fans, I do not know what does. Wow, I need to eat. If you are are staying for two games, i suggest you try the box office that is in fenway on the day of the game! they release great seats about two hours before game time for face value. also try to go on the tour of fenway when you are out there, it is awesome. Have a great time.

AOEllis
02-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Trust me we will try that, we left Saturday open on our road trip (also hitting up cinci, pitt, philly, NYM, yankee stad tour, and Balt, and seattle vs. the WS on a separate trip). I have already done the Fenway tour and tried to get the tickets day of, but no such luck. We will try again. hopefully the trip will be better w/ a WS win, because Anaheim wasnt as fun (2-1 L).

dickallen15
02-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
If you are are staying for two games, i suggest you try the box office that is in fenway on the day of the game! they release great seats about two hours before game time for face value. also try to go on the tour of fenway when you are out there, it is awesome. Have a great time.

I did this last season. My wife and I walked to Fenway and were going to try and buy day of game tickets. There was a line about 2 blocks long, I thought they must be selling playoff tickets, but they told me it was for the standing room and obstructed view tickets they sell the day of the game. I stood in line a couple minutes, then called the box office, and got seats right next to Pesky's pole, the foul pole for those with dirty minds. The White Sox won that game, and won on Sunday a game I already had tickets.