PDA

View Full Version : Dan Pasqua'a nickname


foulkesfan11
02-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Please help me out here. Didn't Dan Pasqua have a nickname? For some reason, my brother & sister & I were talking about him last night, and I couldn't think of it.

Deadguy
02-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Please help me out here. Didn't Dan Pasqua have a nickname? For some reason, my brother & sister & I were talking about him last night, and I couldn't think of it.

Hammer?

Realist
02-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Wasn't it something like "Cheech" or "Chong"... or something like that?

beckett21
02-07-2004, 04:18 PM
It was Hammer I believe, but I preferred to call him Pasquach.

RKMeibalane
02-07-2004, 04:22 PM
I just remember that he sucked, and that for some reason, Hawk loved him.

Deadguy
02-07-2004, 04:23 PM
http://www.weht.net/pics/MC_Hammer_1.jpg
"There's only one Hammer"

http://www.grandstandsports.com/images/9396.jpg
"My autographed 8X10 goes for $89.99. That's more than you make in a day at Red Carpet Car Wash, M.C."

santo=dorf
02-07-2004, 04:33 PM
My dad always referred to him as Danny "Doobie" Pasqua.

poorme
02-07-2004, 05:02 PM
wasn't the drug bust pretty much at the end of his career?

chisoxmike
02-07-2004, 05:06 PM
He sucked, but he hit one of the longest home run's in the park's history... it was something like 495ft. A ungodly shot to right field I think.

foulkesfan11
02-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks. I think it was Hammer.

Brian26
02-07-2004, 05:28 PM
"Hammer" and later "UPS".

StillMissOzzie
02-07-2004, 06:10 PM
How about El Ke-Bong?

chosk8
02-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Ditchweed Danny

TornLabrum
02-08-2004, 09:40 AM
The Mailman

ChiSox65
02-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Hawk called him "The Hammer"


:gulp: "Guinness from a bottle?...............BRILLIANT!!!!!"

Hangar18
02-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Hawkeroo called him the "HAMMER".
I think it was because of his swing, looked like he was tomahawking it sometimes.........

Soxboyrob
02-09-2004, 11:26 AM
My buddies and I always called him "Toke" after the drugs in the mail episode.

poorme
02-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Pasqua was a good hitter who's career just fell apart at the age of 30. I don't know if it was the pot or injuries or what. Marijuana doesn't seem to hurt basketball players though.

Pasqua couldn't hit lefties AT ALL. In the past 25 years I don't think any other Sox player had as much raw power as he did, including Thomas. Too bad he could never put it together. I thought for sure he'd be a .240 35 HR kind of guy. oh well.

DirtySouthsider
02-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Didn't they used to play "Ironman" when he was coming to bat?

vegyrex
02-09-2004, 12:31 PM
I use to call him "Mr. Easy Out."

Frater Perdurabo
02-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
He sucked, but he hit one of the longest home run's in the park's history... it was something like 495ft. A ungodly shot to right field I think.

I remember that homer. It truly was a monster shot. That's when the huge billboard in RF was for Winston. The game was on WGN. IIRC, I think he hit two homers that night.

rahulsekhar
02-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Danny made the last out at old Comiskey. A grounder to 2d (Lyons I believe), who threw to Hammer @ 1B to close the old joint.

I'm trying to remember who hit the ball. Something inside me's saying "Pete Incaviglia", but that may just be that burrito I had for lunch.

rmusacch
02-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Danny made the last out at old Comiskey. A grounder to 2d (Lyons I believe), who threw to Hammer @ 1B to close the old joint.

I'm trying to remember who hit the ball. Something inside me's saying "Pete Incaviglia", but that may just be that burrito I had for lunch.

Actually Harold Reynolds grounded out to Scott Fletcher, who threw it to Steve Lyons, who made the last out.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/Audio/HearIt.htm

rahulsekhar
02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
I think I confused that with Hammer hitting the last HR in the old park......right?

Fisk Fan
02-10-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
I remember that homer. It truly was a monster shot. That's when the huge billboard in RF was for Winston. The game was on WGN. IIRC, I think he hit two homers that night.

I think the long home-run hit a beer cart on the RF concourse, but I could be mistaken. Either way, it was a bomb!

dirty_k
02-11-2004, 11:41 AM
He did hit one of the longest balls I've seen and that was before the balls being more tightly wound or whatever has gotten into them. I thought he was fine at the plate but should have never been on the field (kinda like Frank as a DH).

RichFitztightly
02-11-2004, 04:35 PM
I don't remember any nick-names, but I do remember that Ankle-Cuff device he used to keep people from over-striding when they were practicing hitting. I never understood the purpose of them. As far as that monster homerun goes... I believe he hit the Eagle on the Winston billboard in right field. A buddy of mine was there and swears he hit the Eagle, so take it for what it's worth.