PDA

View Full Version : New Rennovation Pics

SouthSideHitman
02-06-2004, 05:04 PM
The Sox website just put up the latest rennovation pics for this week. I'd say that the roof frame is maybe halfway around the UD. They've been making pretty good progress considering the weather. At least there's something to look forward to.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Not to mention to look up towards to! :) Looks pretty good and I can't wait until it's finished.

chisoxmike
02-06-2004, 09:33 PM
It's the same picture shown 10 times. Same angle on every single one! Why can't this person move around the park?

IronFisk
02-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
It's the same picture shown 10 times. Same angle on every single one! Why can't this person move around the park?

No doubt! This has been the same for the last 3 updates - the last set he just sat in the same place and messed with the zoom...nice effort!

HITMEN OF 77
02-06-2004, 10:43 PM

:reinsy

"That's the view from my office"

Wsoxmike59
02-08-2004, 02:16 PM
It looks like they're about 1/2 way home with the project. I heard that it may be as much as 30 days behind schedule, but they still have a good 8 or 9 weeks to finish it. Let's pray some mild weather in March.....both for the completion of the roof, and the St. Patrick's Day Parade!!

All kidding aside, I really like the architect's final renderings of the place. The extended roof, and the enclosed UD concourse should give the fans a warm and cozy atmosphere up there.

I think the new and improved UD will be a destination that fans will go and seek out once they are at the ballpark. Kind of like when the Bullpen Sports Bar was introduced at new Comiskey back in '97.

hsnterprize
02-12-2004, 06:32 AM
As of today (2/12), it looks like the roof frame on the 1st base side of the park is completely up, and the frame on the 3rd base side is about 3/4 finished. Also, there is a light tower on the roof on the 3rd base side. There's progress at the ol' ballpark...now if only the team could build as well as U.S. Cellular Field is being built. IMHO...a brick facade on the outside would really blend in well with the black, iron roof design.

BeerHandle
02-12-2004, 07:18 AM

Sox Fans = Complainers.......We are so disappointed by the lack of moves during the off season that we find ourselves complaining about good things!

Enjoy the renovations!

chisoxmike
02-12-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm not complaining about the renovations! They look great. All I'm saying is that they're showing the same picture 10 times every week. The same angle, and the same section.

sas1974
02-12-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm not complaining about the renovations! They look great. All I'm saying is that they're showing the same picture 10 times every week. The same angle, and the same section.

They were probably all taken from the owners box. You don't want Uncle Jerry to catch a cold do you?

CHISOXFAN13
02-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Renovations are picking up as workers are now piutting the first standard of lights up down the third base line.

Me likey!