PDA

View Full Version : I can see the future!

jordan23ventura
02-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Just so you know I can see the future:

The Sox are fueled by Guillen and Gatorade and go on to post a record of 98-64. They lose in the ALCS in 6 games to a wildcard Toronto that went "Marlins" on the BoSox. Sound somewhat familiar?

When the disappointment of the '04 season begins to turn to hope of the '05 season, KW declares he will stop at nothing to retain the core of his team plus sign at least two fundamentally sound "impact-grinder" players.

By early January, Frank Thomas is sick of getting his number changed and is eventually forced out of the city that loves him even after putting up a stellar .315 38 112 season as 1st baseman (Konerko goes riding with Aaron Rowand). Two-time 20-game winner and current 2004 Cy Young Esteban Loaiza is denied $7mil/year, and in a blink of an eye it is Spring Training 2005 with Darrin Erstad and a $35mil payroll. JR appears at SoxFest, underneath the table of course, to pull the string attached to KW's mouth while he addresses the media. He says, "If the fans come out and support the team this year then maybe we can make some additions mid-season."

The mid-April firing of Ken "Hawk" Harrelson occurs during a home game vs. Detroit. The announcer finally bursts, unleashing a barrage of verbal color that until this point was thought to be unknown to man. Capping off another failed decade plus, fans are told not to be discouraged and given one genuine promise from new general manager Terry Bevington: the kids can play.

chisoxmike
02-04-2004, 11:30 PM
You must be on something. And I want to know what it is.

AMestan
02-04-2004, 11:30 PM
That was funny. You should be a playright!

santo=dorf
02-05-2004, 01:05 AM
The Sox are fueled by Guillen and Gatorade and go on to post a record of 98-64. They lose in the ALCS in 6 games to a wildcard Toronto that went "Marlins" on the BoSox. Sound somewhat familiar?

Not possible. The wild card winner can't play a team from its division in the first round. My roommate and I got in a fight over this back in September, so we decided to call J-Hood. After waiting forever, my roommate answered the wrestling trivia question that was not intended for him. J-Hood was so pissed he pretty much just ignored the call completely. Did anyone here listen to J-Hood that night?

white sox bill
02-05-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
You must be on something. And I want to know what it is.

And can you get some more?

StepsInSC
02-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura

When the disappointment of the '04 season begins to turn to hope of the '05 season,

I don't think anyone would consider getting to the ALCS a dissapointment, even if we dont advance from there.

But seriously, drugs are bad.

Baby Fisk
02-05-2004, 08:36 AM
I can see dead people!

mantis1212
02-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Just so you know I can see the future:

When the disappointment of the '04 season begins to turn to hope of the '05 season, KW declares he will stop at nothing to retain the core of his team plus sign at least two fundamentally sound "impact-grinder" players.

By early January, Frank Thomas is sick of getting his number changed and is eventually forced out of the city that loves him even after putting up a stellar .315 38 112 season as 1st baseman (Konerko goes riding with Aaron Rowand). Two-time 20-game winner and current 2004 Cy Young Esteban Loaiza is denied $7mil/year, and in a blink of an eye it is Spring Training 2005 with Darrin Erstad and a $35mil payroll. JR appears at SoxFest, underneath the table of course, to pull the string attached to KW's mouth while he addresses the media. He says, "If the fans come out and support the team this year then maybe we can make some additions mid-season."

The mid-April firing of Ken "Hawk" Harrelson occurs during a home game vs. Detroit. The announcer finally bursts, unleashing a barrage of verbal color that until this point was thought to be unknown to man. Capping off another failed decade plus, fans are told not to be discouraged and given one genuine promise from new general manager Terry Bevington: the kids can play.

Or worse yet- we forfeit game 6 because some jacka$$ (our Bartman it would seem) runs out and tackles Roy Halladay. Painful no matter what!

Grobber33
02-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by AMestan
That was funny. You should be a playright!

Ladies & Gentlemen,,,he'll be here all week!!!

CubKilla
02-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
I don't think anyone would consider getting to the ALCS a dissapointment, even if we dont advance from there.

Anything less than a WS appearance would be a HUGE disappointment. Not winning the WS would just be a disappointment.

ode to veeck
02-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Or worse yet- we forfeit game 6 because some jacka$$ (our Bartman it would seem) runs out and tackles Roy Halladay. Painful no matter what!

Especially doubly painful is the fact that the tackler was an overserved Flubbie fan who had attended the Flubbies thrashing of the Fish in game 6 of the NLCS at Wrigley earlier in the day ...