PDA

View Full Version : Royals Field Adjustments

SEALgep
02-04-2004, 04:54 PM
There has been talk of the Royals, who had their fences brought in 10 feet years ago, will now move them back out. Not a whole lot of significance, other then it will become more of a pitchers park for them. I guess they do need that.

pearso66
02-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Oh no, now we are going to hear Juan Gone cry about the fences being too far.

beckett21
02-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
Oh no, now we are going to hear Juan Gone cry about the fences being too far.

BOOK IT! :D:

Jjav829
02-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
There has been talk of the Royals, who had their fences brought in 10 feet years ago, will now move them back out. Not a whole lot of significance, other then it will become more of a pitchers park for them. I guess they do need that.

Maybe it will help their crappy pitching look less crappy. I wouldn't put it past Juan Gone to cry about the fences if they do move them back. Probably won't help their chances of retaining Beltran much either.

SEALgep
02-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Maybe it will help their crappy pitching look less crappy. I wouldn't put it past Juan Gone to cry about the fences if they do move them back. Probably won't help their chances of retaining Beltran much either.
Fine by me.

TheRockinMT
02-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep

I agree that Juan Gone will cry, but I also think the Royals know that Jose Valentin will be going for 4 homers in a game (last year he hit 3 in a game in KC remember) and they don't want the bad publicity and an a--kickin by the Sox power hitters.

Huisj
02-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

Gonzalez whined a lot about detroit's fences a few years back when he was there. but he was also having a crappy year on a crappy team. if they are decent and he actually plays like he's trying, he won't complain as much.

sas1974
02-05-2004, 11:30 PM
I think that was one of those years when his back was really acting up. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him complaining if he has a rough first half. Or perhaps a rough first home series? Wishful thinking maybe....

Frater Perdurabo
02-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
Gonzalez whined a lot about detroit's fences a few years back when he was there. but he was also having a crappy year on a crappy team. if they are decent and he actually plays like he's trying, he won't complain as much.

Juan complained about his UNIFORM PANTS when he was with the Rangers. He even refused to play in an exhibition game because his pants were "too baggy."

Juan also would not talk much to the English-speaking media, but he would do interviews in Spanish with the Spanish-speaking media. Wait until he gets to Kansas City and discovers that there aren't as many Spanish-speaking media outlets as in Dallas-Fort Worth.

Combined with the fences being moved back out in KC, the Royals have the perfect recipe for a disaster and a clubhouse cancer: 9 HR, 37 RBI, a .263 average and a multitude of inconsequential injuries that will limit him to 91 games, if that.

When Juan was traded by the Rangers to the Tigers, even though he was a two-time MVP and put up some great numbers, not many Rangers fans were upset. Not many Rangers fans blame that trade (Basically Juan for Justin Thompson, Gabe Kapler and Francisco Cordero) for the Rangers' lack of success over the past four seasons. When Juan came back to Arlington, he didn't add anything to the team; he only wasted a roster spot and consumed payroll.

I am overjoyed that the Sox didn't make the horrible mistake of signing Juan this offseason.

sas1974
02-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Juan Gone is in for a major culture shock in middle America. People on here have been placing bets on when the first Thomas/Guillen blow out will occur. I am betting we hear about one from Juan much sooner.

Brian26
02-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
I agree that Juan Gone will cry, but I also think the Royals know that Jose Valentin will be going for 4 homers in a game (last year he hit 3 in a game in KC remember) and they don't want the bad publicity and an a--kickin by the Sox power hitters.

Funny thing is, I don't think any of the 3 Jose dingers would have stayed in the park even with the deeper dimensions.

doublem23
02-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Funny thing is, I don't think any of the 3 Jose dingers would have stayed in the park even with the deeper dimensions.

Not if they're only moving the fences out 10 feet.

Bah, all this means is that the Royal pitching staff will have a collective 4.75 ERA instead of the 4.80 they would have. They'd have to move the fences out into Kansas and add a bunch of outfielders to adequately combat their lack of a respectable pitching staff.

sas1974
02-06-2004, 10:55 AM
If they moved the fences further back so that the fountains were in play... Now THAT would be exciting!