PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Pocket Schedules: Anyone notice there arent Any Sox Players on the Covers?

Hangar18
02-04-2004, 02:34 PM
I think they do that to make us think Comiskey is bigger than
the players.........

Viva Magglio
02-04-2004, 02:40 PM
They probably didn't want to put themselves in the position of having a player on the pocket schedule when he might not be a member of the White Sox come Opening Day.

Jerry_Manuel
02-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
They probably didn't want to put themselves in the position of having a player on the pocket schedule when he might not be a member of the White Sox come Opening Day.

I agree, but they could've put Buehrle or Loazia on it. Hell, they could even put Ozzie on it.

skottyj242
02-04-2004, 03:04 PM
I think it's the same thinking the Bulls went with and messed up before the season by advertising Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall. There's no point putting Mags or Frank on 'em when they might not be around come mid season.(opening day?)

npdempse
02-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I think they do that to make us think Comiskey is bigger than
the players.........

Strictly speaking, this is a fact, unless Frank has been doing a LOT of work at the gym this offseason.

soxnut
02-04-2004, 03:55 PM
I doubt this is the first time that has ever happened, under any ownership of any team...so what

voodoochile
02-04-2004, 03:58 PM
The stadium is a bigger story than the team this off-season, or so JR is hoping.

Magglio is probably gone before the end of the year.

Buehrle is coming off a down year.

Lee isn't ready.

God Forbid they should hype Frank Thomas.

"The Kids can Play" would turn them into an instant joke with the local media.

It worked for the Cubbies...

:(:

soxnut
02-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
The stadium is a bigger story than the team this off-season, or so JR is hoping.

It worked for the Cubbies...

:(:

You're probably right about that. But I still think it will be a better season than some on this board think it will be.

voodoochile
02-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
You're probably right about that. But I still think it will be a better season than some on this board think it will be.

I don't think there is a regular poster on this board (save the few Twinkie fans and Boog) who actively are rooting for the Sox to fail. It's easy to misconstrue realistic pessimism with actual hatred.

Here's hoping you are right. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: (3 for luck)

Medford Bobby
02-04-2004, 04:58 PM
:) I always like these "down" years as in the past when the Sox use nostalga for pocket skeds...AND thats when the Sox wind up having a good year like 1990 skeds that had Old Comiskey on the cover.......and the team won 94 games......Maybe 95 games this year????????????? :smile:

:gulp: 15 days , 19 hours till pitchers and catchers report............. :D:

Brian26
02-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Funny, the 2001 schedule didn't have any players on it either...just the Sox logo with "2000 Central Division Champions" around it. I think the Sox go with a playerless-cover about every other year.

HITMEN OF 77
02-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Actually that's Konerko rounding the bases after a homerun, just to the right of the short stop :D: