PDA

View Full Version : Interesting rumor

LATruBlue
02-04-2004, 11:56 AM
This rumor pertains to the Dodgers, Rangers and Redsox but interestingly enough it would have to take the WhiteSox (which I'm injecting) to actually make it work.

A Redsox fan came onto the Dodger board and posted that there are rumors circulating around Boston that the Redsox would send Manny Ramirez to the Dodgers, the Dodgers would send Odalis Perez and Darren Dreifort to the Rangers and the Rangers would ship Arod to the Redsox. Now the question is what would become of Nomar? And how could the Redsox make up Manny's production? I interject the Whitesox myself since an earlier rumor was that Nomar would go the Whitesox and Maggs would go to the Redsox. That answers that question. But why would the Rangers wanted Darren Dreifort? I can see Odalis Perez, but Dreifort? I can only speculate that the Rangers would probably want either Miller or Jackson or some comparable pitching prospect from Boston or the Whitesox.

Just thought I'd start another rumor and that's all it is for now.

CHISOXFAN13
02-04-2004, 12:02 PM
If I read another rumor from a non-source, I might put my head through a wall.

kittle42
02-04-2004, 12:05 PM
I am going to put a voodoo curse on the next person to post a message board trade rumor and then speculate on its validity.

Rex Hudler
02-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LATruBlue
This rumor pertains to the Dodgers, Rangers and Redsox but interestingly enough it would have to take the WhiteSox (which I'm injecting) to actually make it work.

A Redsox fan came onto the Dodger board and posted that there are rumors circulating around Boston that the Redsox would send Manny Ramirez to the Dodgers, the Dodgers would send Odalis Perez and Darren Dreifort to the Rangers and the Rangers would ship Arod to the Redsox. Now the question is what would become of Nomar? And how could the Redsox make up Manny's production? I interject the Whitesox myself since an earlier rumor was that Nomar would go the Whitesox and Maggs would go to the Redsox. That answers that question. But why would the Rangers wanted Darren Dreifort? I can see Odalis Perez, but Dreifort? I can only speculate that the Rangers would probably want either Miller or Jackson or some comparable pitching prospect from Boston or the Whitesox.

Just thought I'd start another rumor and that's all it is for now.

That rumor was on 67wasbest.com, a Red Sox web site a few weeks ago. I think Red Sox fans if they say it enough times, it might actually happen.

CubKilla
02-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

If it wasn't for "rumor(s) from a non-source", we'd have nothing to talk about :D: .

soxtalker
02-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
If it wasn't for "rumor(s) from a non-source", we'd have nothing to talk about :D: .

I also welcome these non-source rumors, particularly since there was plenty of notice up-front that it was speculative. Of course, I would prefer to hear rumors that have some substance behind them, but those are pretty difficult to come by for Sox fans. KW has made it very clear that he doesn't like leaks, so we're left to scrounge information from other teams' sources.

skottyj242
02-04-2004, 02:07 PM
This is old news.

longshot7
02-04-2004, 02:44 PM
The Rangers are dumb, but are they dumb enough to trade Arod for Perez and Dreifort? I doubt it.

Baby Fisk
02-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Pushing your face through a pane of glass is more effective. It helps you forget other things that trouble you a lot quicker! :D:

I'm starting to wonder if Boston fans just sit around all the time going "I wish I wish I wish..." No wonder they are all head cases.

CHISOXFAN13
02-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Pushing your face through a pane of glass is more effective. It helps you forget other things that trouble you a lot quicker! :D:

I'm starting to wonder if Boston fans just sit around all the time going "I wish I wish I wish..." No wonder they are all head cases.

Good point! Last time I tried to put a body part through a wall, it didn't budge and I ended up in the hospital with a busted hand :D:

MRKARNO
02-04-2004, 04:05 PM
For the last last time: The A-rod deal is DEAD

otis
02-04-2004, 11:26 PM
No truth to this one.

MRKARNO
02-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by otis
No truth to this one.

Some red sox fans just seem to be unable to let go of this one

wdelaney72
02-05-2004, 07:12 AM
It's seems a bit unbelievable. Otis says there's no truth to the rumor. That's good enough for me.