PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Pedro

34 Inch Stick
09-06-2001, 10:03 AM
He is unhappy and we have a glut of talent at some positions. Lee, Durham and Liefer for Pedro. Not enough? Throw in Rauch.

LongDistanceFan
09-06-2001, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
He is unhappy and we have a glut of talent at some positions. Lee, Durham and Liefer for Pedro. Not enough? Throw in Rauch. Pedro is very good and a future HOF'er, but giving up rauch is too much imo.

CLR01
09-06-2001, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
Pedro is very good and a future HOF'er, but giving up rauch is too much imo.

Yeah why trade an unproven pitching prospect who will be coming off surgery and noone knows how it will affect him for a proven 30 year old allstar/ 3 time Cy young winner(?)/ future hall of famer.

For pedro, i would give up pretty much whoever Boston wanted. With exception Frank, Borchard, Burly and Maggs. Thats probably why i am sweeping the parking lot here at WSI and not running a major league club.

Dadawg_77
09-06-2001, 11:55 AM
For Pedro, I'll give up Borchard and Rauch. Maybe to much in the long run, but next year look out Series because here we come.

Soxboyrob
09-06-2001, 12:14 PM
Does it matter to anyone in this group that Pedro claims to have a torn rotator cuff? He probably needs surgery and wouldn't really be available for about half of next season. I'd still give up plenty for him but Pedro's injury hinders what all I'd give.

dimaisback
09-06-2001, 12:32 PM
Pedro is a REAL injury threat from now on the rest of his career. Nobody with his frame/weight should throwing 91-97 with movement AND also a slider, change, curve.

Utouchables: Borchard, Crede, Maggs, Malone, Rauch, Foulke, Buerhle.

Semi-untouchable (Pedro is only one of a few people for whom they are tradable):

Valentin, Thomas, Konerko, Wrigfht, Garland, Wells, Rowand, Lowe, Ulacia, Stumm, Barcelo, Valentino(e), Lee and Almonte

That leaves a pool of: Hummel, Durham, Fogg, Ginter, Lefier, Clayton, Perry, Parque, Howry, Osuna, Wunsht, Olivo, Ingram, Ramirez, Paul, West, Graffanino, Simas, Biddle

Boston, take yourt pick!

Iguana775
09-06-2001, 12:33 PM
why not wait till he is a FA and then go after him. i wouldnt give up anyone for padro. he is very injury prone. when was the last time he pitched a full year without going on the dl??? albeit, he is down right domanent when healthy but still. now if he could prove he can stay healthy for a whole season, they yea. but IMO, he is not worth give up borchard or rauch let along both of them.

Tree
09-06-2001, 12:39 PM
How many years are left on Pedro's current contract?
Does he have any sort of options in his contract to leave early?
I was thinking a Lee/Konerko and Like Rauch\Wells for Pedro.
Boston is weak at first and they have no real prospects to speak of. If we get Pedro and bring back David Wells we would be sitting pretty. Think of a pitching staff with a healthy David Wells as the three!!!

Pedro
Buehrle
Wells
Garland
Who cares who is fifth we have many options. But we would be competeing with the Yankees as the best rotation in baseball.

ma-gaga
09-06-2001, 01:41 PM
I think he still has 3 years left. Hire Boston's old pitching coach, then Pedro will be asking to be traded here.

Iguana775
09-06-2001, 01:49 PM
you do know that their old pitching coach is their current manager??? i wouldnt mind getting him, though.

ma-gaga
09-06-2001, 01:57 PM
you do know that their old pitching coach is their current manager???

no i didn't. i was just surfing around a bit. they've had 3 pitching coaches this year, so make that, 'hire the OTHER pitching coach'.

LongDistanceFan
09-06-2001, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Does it matter to anyone in this group that Pedro claims to have a torn rotator cuff? He probably needs surgery and wouldn't really be available for about half of next season. I'd still give up plenty for him but Pedro's injury hinders what all I'd give. Thank You, if he has surgery, what kind of player do we get when he comes back.

LongDistanceFan
09-06-2001, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Yeah why trade an unproven pitching prospect who will be coming off surgery and noone knows how it will affect him for a proven 30 year old allstar/ 3 time Cy young winner(?)/ future hall of famer.

For pedro, i would give up pretty much whoever Boston wanted. With exception Frank, Borchard, Burly and Maggs. Thats probably why i am sweeping the parking lot here at WSI and not running a major league club. and what happens if he needs surgery? We gave up a lot for his stats.

Iguana775
09-06-2001, 02:45 PM
and what happens if he needs surgery? We gave up a lot for his stats.

exactally, LDF.

Dadawg_77
09-06-2001, 03:40 PM
Fire Jerry and hire Alou for Pedro. I like Jerry but Alou is good and he if he can bring Pedro... My line of thinking no Pedro won't do a whole season but we would have the best team in baseball with him in our rotation. As much as I like Borchard and Rauch, they haven't proven a damn thing in the Show yet. I will always trade prospects over proven equall Major League talent any day. Maybe a blockbluster of them all Jose, Rauch, Borchard, Lee, Konerko for Manny, Pedro and Nomar. We be giving up alot but getting 3 HOF for very big "maybe" two (Rauch and Borchard) HOF.

Hey, the Sox get better D and O at short, better O in OF (Move Mags or Manny to Left), and the best pitcher when healthy in baseball. The lineup would be...
Ray Ray
Nomar
Big Hurt (1B
Manny
Mags
Canseco (DH)
Crede
Singleton
Johnson

and rotation of
Mark
Pedro
David W.(maybe)
John G.
Kipper

They all want out or it seems that way and one can dream can't I...

Paulwny
09-06-2001, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

They all want out or it seems that way and one can dream can't I... [/B]

To bad JR doesn't have the dream, too much money= sleepless in Chicago

KempersRS
09-06-2001, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

To bad JR doesn't have the dream, too much money= sleepless in Chicago

Well, JR is cheap, but Manny, Maggs, Nomar, Pedro, Thomas, and many others is just a bit on the expensive side.

Dadawg_77
09-06-2001, 03:56 PM
True buts is a ring in the making.

Paulwny
09-06-2001, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Well, JR is cheap, but Manny, Maggs, Nomar, Pedro, Thomas, and many others is just a bit on the expensive side.

You're right, but I wonder, if offered to him would King George be opening his check book.

steff
09-06-2001, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by dimaisback
Pedro is a REAL injury threat from now on the rest of his career. Nobody with his frame/weight should throwing 91-97 with movement AND also a slider, change, curve.

Utouchables: Borchard, Crede, Maggs, Malone, Rauch, Foulke, Buerhle.

Semi-untouchable (Pedro is only one of a few people for whom they are tradable):

Valentin, Thomas, Konerko, Wrigfht, Garland, Wells, Rowand, Lowe, Ulacia, Stumm, Barcelo, Valentino(e), Lee and Almonte

That leaves a pool of: Hummel, Durham, Fogg, Ginter, Lefier, Clayton, Perry, Parque, Howry, Osuna, Wunsht, Olivo, Ingram, Ramirez, Paul, West, Graffanino, Simas, Biddle

Boston, take yourt pick!

Why is Ray in that pool??? Good God, some around here act as if he is the sole reason this team is in the position it's in right now. And Frank is "semi-untouchable"..?

doublem23
09-06-2001, 05:07 PM
This is the most insane thread I have encounted on this message board yet.

HootieMcBoob
09-07-2001, 12:54 AM
Fire Jerry and hire Alou for Pedro. I like Jerry but Alou is good and he if he can bring Pedro... My line of thinking no Pedro won't do a whole season but we would have the best team in baseball with him in our rotation. As much as I like Borchard and Rauch, they haven't proven a damn thing in the Show yet. I will always trade prospects over proven equall Major League talent any day. Maybe a blockbluster of them all Jose, Rauch, Borchard, Lee, Konerko for Manny, Pedro and Nomar. We be giving up alot but getting 3 HOF for very big "maybe" two (Rauch and Borchard) HOF.

hey, how bout we trade julio ramirez, clayton and vining to boston for manny ramirez, nomar and pedro.

Then we trade liefer and (maybe) throw in josh paul to oakland for jason giambi.

then we trade dalesando to new york for mike piazza.

then we trade howry to arizona for schilling and johnson.

GOSH ... WHAT THE HELL KIND OF STUPID MORONS DO YOU THINK OTHER TEAMS ARE?!?!?! You sound like a dumb cub fan - Stop talkin ***** man, it'll only be in your dreams! :)

CLR01
09-07-2001, 01:27 AM
Thank You, if he has surgery, what kind of player do we get when he comes back.

Lets see, even if Pedro does have surgery and comes back at only 80% of what he is now, he is still an above average pitcher. Now OTOH, if Rauch comes back at 100% he is still an unproven prospect that may end up being a middle reliever. But the consensus on this board seems to be when a pitcher has surgery they never come back 100%, so Rauch may never even make it out of triple A.

Could be dominant pitcher.... Dominate pitcher? Hmmm.....

Originally posted by doublem23
This is the most insane thread I have encountered on this message board yet.

It does remind me of some threads posted frequently over on the Cubs espn message board.

LongDistanceFan
09-07-2001, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Lets see, even if Pedro does have surgery and comes back at only 80% of what he is now, he is still an above average pitcher. Now OTOH, if Rauch comes back at 100% he is still an unproven prospect that may end up being a middle reliever. But the consensus on this board seems to be when a pitcher has surgery they never come back 100%, so Rauch may never even make it out of triple A.

Ummm and what if pedro never comes back and rauch comes back at 80%, Lee become the manny r type of hitter, and of course durham does a rebound........ ummmm

The what if game is soooo stupid to play. It not you, so pls understand i am calling you that. k.