PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Champ Summers
02-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Apparently the Dodgers are interested in Maddux now. Considering that they already have too many starting pitchers it very much increases the likelihood of Perez for Konerko if he goes there, but you can bank on it being all about salary, as Konerko does not command the likes of Miller or Jackson...remember that Perez is a left handed starting pitcher, with above average results in the bigs...everyone is interested in those guys, we just happen to have a 1st baseman with past success to spare...i personally think all the rumors posted here about demanding one or two prospects in those potential trades is unlikely, more like we would have to send someone to compensate for Konerko's salary...

CWSGuy406
02-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Champ Summers
Apparently the Dodgers are interested in Maddux now. Considering that they already have too many starting pitchers it very much increases the likelihood of Perez for Konerko if he goes there, but you can bank on it being all about salary, as Konerko does not command the likes of Miller or Jackson...remember that Perez is a left handed starting pitcher, with above average results in the bigs...everyone is interested in those guys, we just happen to have a 1st baseman with past success to spare...i personally think all the rumors posted here about demanding one or two prospects in those potential trades is unlikely, more like we would have to send someone to compensate for Konerko's salary...

I think the people asking for Miller or Jackson are including that in the "Mags to LA" deal. Many people would be pleased to get Perez for Konerko, in the fact that it brings in a solid starter and would open up a bit of cap-room.

Daver
02-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
I think the people asking for Miller or Jackson are including that in the "Mags to LA" deal. Many people would be pleased to get Perez for Konerko, in the fact that it brings in a solid starter and would open up a bit of cap-room.

Baseball does not have a salary cap.

SEALgep
02-03-2004, 07:53 PM
He just means salary relief.

beckett21
02-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Baseball does not have a salary cap.

:reinsy

"Well on MY side of town, we HAVE a cap. Don't make me bust a cap!"