PDA

View Full Version : Farmer AGAIN

Paulwny
09-06-2001, 07:21 AM
Did anyone else hear Farmer say "Oh NO" when he saw that the flubs lost last night? The crowd at the sox game is cheering and it takes Rooney and Farmer a full 2 min. to realize it's not for Canseco. Am I wrong, I thought Farmer grew up in Chi. as a sox fan.

Viva Magglio
09-06-2001, 08:09 AM
Could the "Oh, no" have been a sarcastic one? I was at the game last night, and saw that "7" go up on the board for "FLA." Some fans cheered at this, but I think more of them were cheering for Canseco when he stepped to the plate at about the same time.

Paulwny
09-06-2001, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Could the "Oh, no" have been a sarcastic one? I was at the game last night, and saw that "7" go up on the board for "FLA." Some fans cheered at this, but I think more of them were cheering for Canseco when he stepped to the plate at about the same time.

Maybe you're right, Rooney was doing the play- by- play and Farmer's "Oh No" was in the back round just before he gave the score.

harwar
09-06-2001, 09:20 AM
Its a thing that Dave Wills started.Hes ' been saying "OH NO" whenever he reads a c.u.b.(C an't U nderstand B aseball) loss on the air.Cub fans started calling in when the Sox lost and saying "OH NO" back.It has got pretty heated at times,although i noticed no cub fans calling in lately(i wonder why?).Wills now plays a recorded"OH NO" clip of one particular cub @hole whenever the cubs lose.That seems to be quite often lately :) I believed that Ed Farmer was just taking his turn at sticking the fork into the done bird that is the poor cubs.

Procol Harum
09-06-2001, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by harwar
c.u.b.(C an't U nderstand B aseball)

Musta been on some other planet, but I'd never heard that one before, Harwar--but it's beautiful! LOL! :)

voodoochile
09-06-2001, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Musta been on some other planet, but I'd never heard that one before, Harwar--but it's beautiful! LOL! :)

Completely Usesless By September...

Kilroy
09-06-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Completely Usesless By September...

C.U.B.S.

Can't Understand Baseball Strategy

Completely Unecessary Baseball Socitety

Chronic Underachieving Baseball System

more???

ihatethecubs
09-07-2001, 12:22 AM