PDA

View Full Version : Sox 7/9 Package

dllrbll7
02-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Just talked to Sox sales and got the info on the Sox 9 package this year. I know they released the forms at Soxfest but i couldnt get there so this is for anyone who wasnt there also:
Going to have to buy 8 games at full price and get teh 9th for $1
The Sox Cubs series games are $5 more and there is no gaurantee of lower deck seats.
Forms will be available as of Febuary 16th and will not be filled out until that time.
The weekday tickets will be $4 cheaper than the weekend games.

The one thing i forgot to ask was how much the actual tickets will go for so if anyone knows please let me know.

santo=dorf
02-03-2004, 03:34 PM
And who said Jerry screws the fans over?

MetalliSox
02-03-2004, 03:51 PM
$5 more for the Cubs games and you are not even guaranteed a lower deck seat? What a sham!

santo=dorf
02-03-2004, 04:00 PM
So wait, the weekend games cost $4 more than the weekday games? I know why, more people attend weekend games. I'm surprised they didn't come out and say "All regular season games not against the Cubs will be at least $5 dollars cheaper."

:reinsy
"No, no, no. The weekday games are $4 less. There's a difference."

jabrch
02-03-2004, 04:01 PM
And people were wondering why some of us aren't going to buy the Sox9 - formerly the Sox7.

let me get this straight

A) They spent almost no money to improve the team this offseason - we lost a top starter, and 2 role players (Alomar/Everett) and replaced them with questionable talent

B) They raised the price of tickets while crying poor

C) They require me to buy 8 tickets instead of 6

D) They charge me more for weekends

E) They charge me more for the Cubs

F) They don't even guarantee me lowers

Ummmmm

I love the Sox - but I don't think this is going to be my way of buying tickets. I'll watch more games on TV and take my chances with half-price nights, scalpers and other discount programs over this abuse.

anewman35
02-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
And people were wondering why some of us aren't going to buy the Sox9 - formerly the Sox7.

let me get this straight

Would you rather have them say they have plenty of money, and then raise tickets? I don't get your B at all.

And D could just as easilly be seen as "weekdays for most seats are cheaper than last year". Which they are.

joecrede
02-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by jabrch

let me get this straight

A) They spent almost no money to improve the team this offseason - we lost a top starter, and 2 role players (Alomar/Everett) and replaced them with questionable talent

C) They require me to buy 8 tickets instead of 6

E) They charge me more for the Cubs

F) They don't even guarantee me lowers

Ummmmm

I love the Sox - but I don't think this is going to be my way of buying tickets. I'll watch more games on TV and take my chances with half-price nights, scalpers and other discount programs over this abuse.

I'm happy to hear you love the Sox.

dllrbll7
02-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Does anyone have the price breakdown for single game tickets??

Sad
02-05-2004, 12:13 PM
that's too many games for me to commit to (I live in MI)...

I used all but 1 of my SOX -7 last year... guess I go back to buying single games and hope for something decent in the lower level...

Foulke You
02-05-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm kind've disappointed they went from 7 to 9 also. Although, I'll still probably end up getting it but I'll structure it differently. If their plan was to get me to spend more money then it failed because with their new price structure all they've done is convince me that sitting in Upper Deck Reserve (especially with the new roof) is a much better value at $12-$16 than shelling out $24-$28 for my usual lower deck reserved seats. It's amazing that just a few years ago, I was paying $20 per ticket for Lower Reserved when the Sox won a division title in 2000. Now they want me to pay up to 25% more for the same ticket to watch us be "competitive" in the lowly AL Central.