PDA

View Full Version : Individual Tickets/Garage Sale

Bobby Thigpen
02-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I just saw on the Sox website that individual game tickets go on sale Saturday March 13th. My question is, is that also the day they always have the garage sale? I know that last year they were on the same day, because I went to the sale. Do they do that every year?

As far as the sale is concerned what do you guys think about it? I thought it was pretty cool, but some of that stuff is greatly overpriced. Some of it is pretty reasonable, especially if you're favorite Sox player is a nobody. Now if Frank or Maggs is your favorite you'd probably be better off going to Grandstand.

I actually kind of look forward to it since it isn't everyday I get to go up to Chicago and Comiskey. Besides this year, I think I'm going to take the day off of work on Friday and just hang out that day and night and hit the sale on Saturday. Am I that big of a loser or does anyone else like the sale? :?:

Brian26
02-03-2004, 01:50 PM
The garage sale is always on the same day that tickets go on sale.

I went last year. The line was terrible at the beginning, so we went and came back after breakfast.

Most of the stuff is a bit overpriced in my opinion, but if you get there early, you might be able to snag a decent item. They sell old programs and media guides for relatively cheap, so I picked up some of those last year to fill some holes in my collection.

The game-used bats are mostly busted up crap and overpriced. If you look carefully, though, you can find some that are in really nice shape for probably $100-$150 for big names.

34 Inch Stick
02-03-2004, 02:08 PM
I go just on the off chance I might like something. It is mostly overprived crap. How do you justify a Chris Singleton bat (no matter the shape) for $35?

Get there early if you are going. If you are stuck on the outside of the building waiting to get in it can get cold. If you are there on time you can expect a half hour wait.

SoxxoS
02-03-2004, 02:09 PM
The good thing is that the United States isn't Communist, and if you think it's overpriced...then don't buy it!

Brian26
02-03-2004, 04:18 PM
The Sox marketing department needs to take a look at the pricing structure on some of their "official" items. Trying to sell Bartolo bobbleheads for $15 isn't the way to move product at Soxfest. Those should have been 5 bucks a piece.

34 Inch Stick
02-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
The good thing is that the United States isn't Communist, and if you think it's overpriced...then don't buy it!

I don't think the Communists would force you to buy anything. In fact they usually don't have enough of the most basic needs.

The capitalist system is the one that "makes" you buy something. In economics when the price meets the demand in theory someone is compelled to buy. The market for a Singleton bat is around $2 and so I will see it again this year.